[A12d][ModPack] The ModVarietyPack

Started by simon-82, November 01, 2015, 02:28:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheGentlmen

Quote from: BoxOfDoom on November 03, 2015, 10:34:01 AM
Sorry, I forgot.  :-\

Here you go!

Dunno, seems fine. Prob a bad install. Does it work in Vinnilla?

If it doesn't work in vinnila reinstall RW, if it does still reinstall RW.

BoxOfDoom

Vanilla was borked as well, so I reinstalled.
I tried again, with little success.

I noticed that I don't have to minimize to get it running, pressing ESC repeatedly was enough.
Still unable to select anything though. I can only switch game speed.
Keyboard shortcuts were mostly functional, some didn't work. I couldn't bring up the Menu with ESC.

Outlog on Google Drive, because now it's to big for standard attachements:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_EzKmIq8cS4b0t5ZnBuLWxGVmM/view?usp=sharing
(It's reaaally long. 4.5 mb)

Thanks for the quick response by the way!  ;D

Fluffy (l2032)

seems to be related to the maintabbutton for autosell. This is clearly not a clean vanilla install. Try deleting everything in:

%appdata%\..\LocalLow\Ludeon Studios\RimWorld

and then do a clean install to see if vanilla works.

The modpack uses a custom save location (which is neat!), so make sure to properly follow the instructions given on the github page. Also, I suppose if you installed in a 'protected' location (such as C:\Program Files\...), this might give some issues. Try putting the RW folder just on the desktop if this is the case (doubt it).

BoxOfDoom

Derp. Forgot about the stuff in appdata when reinstalling.

Tried it now.
Vanilla works fine.
Modpack still has the same issue.

I made SURE that I followed every step to the letter. It should work, but it doesn't.
I made another clean install.
I made sure to use the modified shortcut. I unpacked the folders Mods and Savedata into the Gamefolder afterwards.
I started the game, and it's still not working. By all rights, it should, but it doesn't.

Outlog:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_EzKmIq8cS4dHNaQkJZbjJHTVE/view?usp=sharing

This makes me sad. The modpack looks awesome...

EDIT:
I kinda cheated and just removed the RWAutosell mod folder.
Everything works fine now. So far no problems.

Transaxle

The colonists refused to produce the glass. How to fix it?

TheGentlmen

Quote from: Transaxle on November 03, 2015, 01:02:58 PM

The colonists refused to produce the glass. How to fix it?

Missing work giver. Modpackers fualt.

Fluffy (l2032)

Quote from: BoxOfDoom on November 03, 2015, 11:35:32 AM
Derp. Forgot about the stuff in appdata when reinstalling.

Tried it now.
Vanilla works fine.
Modpack still has the same issue.

I made SURE that I followed every step to the letter. It should work, but it doesn't.
I made another clean install.
I made sure to use the modified shortcut. I unpacked the folders Mods and Savedata into the Gamefolder afterwards.
I started the game, and it's still not working. By all rights, it should, but it doesn't.

Outlog:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_EzKmIq8cS4dHNaQkJZbjJHTVE/view?usp=sharing

This makes me sad. The modpack looks awesome...

EDIT:
I kinda cheated and just removed the RWAutosell mod folder.
Everything works fine now. So far no problems.
I seem to recall that autosell uses it's own custom save/load method, which could theoretically mess with the custom folder, even though you'ld expect more people to report this then.

You could try putting the contents of the Savedata folder into %appdata%\..\LocalLow\Ludeon Studios\RimWorld and loading the game with the normal shortcut (i.e. no savefile override flag) and see if that works. If not, make an issue on the pack's github site.

Dopper

Quoteauthor=simon-82 link=topic=16735.msg180861#msg180861 date=1446463855]
Alright, thanks for all the feedback so far!
New release is up. I think I got all the serious issues that came up.

Regarding Github, it's really not that hard reporting an issue there and it's much easier to keep track of things for me. Just follow the link I gave you in the OP. I would really appreciate it :)

Isnt the glassworks fixed in this release?
Re: Glassworks and other problems reported seem to be fixed in my build.

Ataris

Prooblem!

http://imgur.com/VAavvOr

The Smithing Bench can't make artillery shells. It requires 10 Steel Bars and only can use Steel Ores for crafting.

Help!

donoya

If I wanted to add the mods: SCA11Core, Bunker Tech, CompletTechSolution, the other mods listed on the bunker tech forum page, and miscellaniousHiRes, how should I arrange them order wise?

Encrtia

simon-82, as a total nobody here - just saying great work on the modpack :) I was disappointed that the more I read through this thread, the more it derailed... Either way, the mod is looking great! I hope random turmoil hasn't dissuaded your interest here, unsure if that was the intent behind it in fact!

In regards to seeds, just thought I'd voice (quietly, with no motive beyond conversation) how I personally loathe them (though seem to always play with them). I always found it a real pain to juggle 'em, causing much stress as I simply couldn't rely on them at the start of a game anymore. But then again, let's be honest, if I were to be stranded like the people in Rimworld are, I wouldn't exactly be a master at agriculture (knowing how irrigation & whatnot functions) from the get-go. I would, however, know what to do after killing an animal with my Survival Rifle, Pistol & Knife, albeit crudley ;) Historically, agriculture was a turning point that came after hunting, so I would be mad to rely on grown produce to feed me/us throughout the year... If we got something wrong (like... growing just before winter :o ;D ROFL), we're all dead. at least until my sexy nerdy friend spent some time at the research table to know how we should tackle farming properly ;) But seriously, who grows crops in Autumn anyway?! I at least know that much! Grow 'em fresh in Spring 'n' Summer, then yield that harvest in Autumn at the latest! Can't really blame you for general ignorance though. None of us walk blindly into a road, or release documentation without proof reading it first (well...) - planting crops is no different.

So, as annoying as seeds are, especially at the start, a little bit of forethought goes a long way, applying merely primitive, deductive logic (I do like my realism). Being a non-farmer, however, I would've thought that I could simply take my recently grown apple, dig it in the ground, then grow a new apple tree... so seeds shouldn't exactly be hard to come by (which I find are hard to acquire at the start without purchasing [& I'm slow to set-up trading capabilities as is]). I mean, technically speaking, we don't even need seeds to grow plants as they're filled with meristem cells... All you need is to take a part of the plant (be it stem, root, leaf, whatever) then grow it independently. If we didn't do this, the beauty of Granny Smith would've faded over time as the genetics simply wouldn't have been carried over by the seed. In fact, every single Granny Smith apple is grown from the same tree! No seeds involved!

Anyway - your likes are what make this mod-pack; & your likes are shared by others such as myself who use it. :D A modder either creates a mod requested, or releases what he/she's done for his/her own game, giving the opportunity for others to enjoy it as well (of course open to suggestions, but not to be bullied into changing what he/she doesn't want to change). A few crucial fixes & modifications here 'n' there; your mod pack will grow & flourish – just like nurturing a SEED.

:)
~When death is smiling at you, just smile on back.

TheGentlmen

Quote from: Encrtia on November 04, 2015, 09:11:26 PM
or release documentation without proof reading it first
Heheheh...

*Whistles and looks away*

simon-82

Uhm, so I am away from my thread for a couple of days and this happens?

Oh well, nothing better than some good old Internet drama I guess? LOL

Anyway, I have been working on the modpack in the meantime :)
And I bring you today version 1.1 of the ModVarietyPack :)

What has changed:
So I heard you guys do not like seeds very much? I kinda do, but in all these posts was one idea that really got me thinking. It was this one here:
Quote from: Sukha on November 02, 2015, 04:01:02 AM
Farming is already balanced by the work required to maintain it. I would rather like to see a mod that limits the farmable land at the beginning and makes the player cultivate land first before farming is possible. I am not talking about crazy shit that requires electricity. I am talking about irrigation and fertilizer that was practiced by humans long before electricity.
So I got to work and came up with a new system without seeds.

In the new version there is a new system in place that only lets you gro on land you cultivated for growing first. On this soil you can plant the basic (Tier I I'm calling it) plants. Later you can fertilize the soil by adding Mulch to it. This allows better plants to be grown (Tier II). The next step would be to add water to the soil, this allows Tier III pants. And finally adding both (Fertilizer + Water) allows for "enriched soil" to plant the best plants in the modpack.
So far I think it's a pretty neat system.

Quote from: Ataris on November 03, 2015, 06:24:44 PM
The Smithing Bench can't make artillery shells. It requires 10 Steel Bars and only can use Steel Ores for crafting.
This bug is fixed in the new version.
Also I saw some of you guys reported issues on Github! Thanks! Much easier for me!
These bugs got fixed as well now.

As for the installation issues some of you have. Try a clean install without any other mods installed and follow the readme. It should work then.

Finally, I nerfed some Rimsenal guns quite a bit. Hope that's enough to bring them in line with the others.

Here is a complete list what changed:
- bye bye seeds, you were fun while you lasted
- welcome growing only on cultivated soil
- new building: Well
- new ressource: Water
- added water to brewing recipes
- fixed fishing pier bug
- fixed artillery shells
- rimsenal weapons accuracy nerfed quite a bit
- updated CCL
- removed Research Info

thc133

May I suggest adding Fast Floors or MoreFloorsFF into the Mod Pack?  I love the walking speed so much. Since the research requirement is high and the game pace is somewhat slow, I don't want to spend too much time hauling the items.

Wooden Floor needing 3 plank instead of 3 wood is fine for me.

JAVAgamer

This is a great modpack!

The tech tree is realistic and has a very helpful interface (those small comments and stories are humorus) and the production chains (as far as I have seen) are very simple.
Unlike some other modpacks, this one doesn't overwhelm you with over 9000 different tiny items that are a living hell to micromanage and a completely "why the fuck would I do that?" research tree that literally send you to the stone age, expecting you to research your way up.
And all the mods work so well together.

Overall, I give this modpack a 10/10 rating!