But this one seems different from other modpack i install
when i follow the mac installation like the link you give me
the game not working
the screen just blank and didn't loading the main menu at all
Thank you anyway hallo
really appreciate it

Sorry for the english  :)

Hi Liono,

when you install the mod pack, everyone tells you to "just overwrite the Core folder". This is true for Windows, because Windows integrates two folders. You have the existing and the new content there.
On Mac, the Finder truly overwrites the folder, not integrate them. That means that other important files for RW are deleted. The MVP contains a texture pack whick needs to be placed in the Core folder. So when installing the mod pack, I'm sure you have accidentally overwritten the Core folder.

• First, re-install Rimworld.
• Copy the files from the mod folder to the Mods folder, but don't overwrite/replace the Core folder.
• Go to the Core folder from the mod pack and copy the Textures folder
• Go inside the Core folder of Rimworld. Paste the Textures folder here.

Find attached  screenshot of how your RW mod folder should look like. Notice that the About, Defs and Languages folders need to be there to run RW.

EDIT: Last line of the tutorial.
Nevermind! I can't believe I never googled how to merge folders on OSX >.< Hold down the option key as you drag and drop the relevant folder in. Why the option to merge is hidden by default is... well, very Mac-y :D

thank you so much pestilenz
will try it now
;D

willow512

I'm sorry I couldn't find related messages. But does anyone else have missing textures? I installed by copying the mods folder into the mods folder of the game and copying the settings to my appdata.

The mods installed and are present, the mod order seems neatly set up so the config must have been detected.

But the extra weapons and shots fired now have a red box with a cross to represent them. I tried to just remove them from the modlist and start a new game, but that gave a large amount of 'resource missing' error messages..

Do the changes to the core folder refer to the other mods in some way?

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: pestilenz on November 25, 2015, 01:10:06 PM
[when you install the mod pack, everyone tells you to "just overwrite the Core folder".

Just going to chime in and say mods should never mess with the Core folder since it will permanently break the installation. If you for some inexplicable reason have to do it anyways put a big bold warning at the front page telling people to back up the original Core folder so they can restore it on uninstall. I've recently had an influx of people in the CR thread who were having problems with corrupted installations after some other mod of theirs messed with the Core folder forcing them to re-download a fresh copy of Rimworld.
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

Fluffy (l2032)

Quote from: willow512 on November 26, 2015, 03:48:14 AM
I'm sorry I couldn't find related messages. But does anyone else have missing textures? I installed by copying the mods folder into the mods folder of the game and copying the settings to my appdata.

The mods installed and are present, the mod order seems neatly set up so the config must have been detected.

But the extra weapons and shots fired now have a red box with a cross to represent them. I tried to just remove them from the modlist and start a new game, but that gave a large amount of 'resource missing' error messages..

Do the changes to the core folder refer to the other mods in some way?
It's possible that this is a case of changing mods without restarting. Always restart the game completely after changing any mods.

simon-82

Quote from: MrWashingToad on November 24, 2015, 05:09:22 PM
Simon-82, any chance of getting in the Less Incident Trolling mod for how it uses the population based raids?
I have not played with this mod yet. But after looking at it, don't you think it would make the game a little too easy? If I understand it correctly, the raids would cap out at some point, even if your colony gets more wealth, right?

Quote from: NemesisN on November 24, 2015, 07:00:52 PM
(...)I did manually placed MD2 base core and MD2 storage containers on the previous version where you did not have those 2 mods....but you added MD2 storage in the New release v.1.16...so do I need to create a new world with this New release v.1.16 or can I play my world from the previous version with this New release v.1.16
I suggest you finish your colony and then do a fresh install.
Also, I can't support you if you add and/or modify any mods yourself. You are on your own then.

Quote from: Kitsune on November 25, 2015, 08:35:22 AM
(...)cant figure out what my cook's problem is. (...) I trie the new version and hope it works now. But i fear i need to build a new colony right? :-[
Yes the oven is fixed now. Always do a clean install when updating, sorry about that  :-\

Quote from: eeke1 on November 25, 2015, 02:46:22 PM
So I can't seem to loot personal shields off attackers.
They exist on their character but if I strip them they disappear into the Aether. Is this expected or just a bug?
I just tested this. Spawned a bunch of raiders with shields, killed them. The dead bodies still had the personal shield equipped. I sent a colonist to them to strip them. The shield was removed from the dead raider and spawned on the ground next to him. I could equip the shield with the colonist without a problem.
Do you have any errors in the debug log? Can you post your log file?

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on November 26, 2015, 04:22:39 AM
Quote from: pestilenz on November 25, 2015, 01:10:06 PM
[when you install the mod pack, everyone tells you to "just overwrite the Core folder".
Just going to chime in and say mods should never mess with the Core folder (...)
This modpack changes nothing in the Core folder. I just use it to add a couple of custom textures which won't override any other way.

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: simon-82 on November 26, 2015, 07:03:24 AM
This modpack changes nothing in the Core folder. I just use it to add a couple of custom textures which won't override any other way.

So why put those textures in Core instead of a new folder? My point stands, you're creating potential compatibility issues/making uninstallation more difficult for no real reason.
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

NemesisN

My colony can't use this storage....when I try to manually get something from it that has been stored it displays "(no path)"

does anyone know what the problem here is ?
Join the RimWorld fan community group on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1404635226524821/

simon-82

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on November 26, 2015, 07:32:48 AM
Quote from: simon-82 on November 26, 2015, 07:03:24 AM
So why put those textures in Core instead of a new folder? My point stands, you're creating potential compatibility issues/making uninstallation more difficult for no real reason.
I will do that! :)
Thanks for the advice, I just overlooked that simple solution, silly me :P

Darkway

im not sure where to ask but its not letting me place growing zone down any where am i doing something wrong this mod pack is the only thing i have installed thanks

paragonid

Need to create soil first. You can cultivate own plants only in built soil in food tab / hydropony

simon-82

Quote from: NemesisN on November 26, 2015, 08:06:29 AM
My colony can't use this storage....when I try to manually get something from it that has been stored it displays "(no path)"
Thanks for reporting :)
Fixed now!

Quote from: pestilenz on November 26, 2015, 01:11:22 PM
When using other mod packs, there were issues with the textures when not put in the Core folder (can't remember what exactly happened). I guess it has something to do with replacing the core game textures.
So it might not work moving the Textures outside the Core.
Yea, there were some issues when I moved them. But I got it all sorted now :)
Was a bit of work, but NIA is right. It's much better to keep everything out of Core. And it was actually kinda worth it. I spotted some errors and made a couple of new textures, which was fun!

New version is up for grabs here
- added AnimalHideWorking
- added custom TaxidermyTable texture
- made rugs craftable as art at the TaxidermyTable
- added new folder for Core override textures
- added new custom Designation textures
- modified LT_Cleaning textures to fit the other ones
- added ED shields
- added ED wireless power grid
- added CookingSupplies connector table
- added MedicalDrink (boosts ImmunegainSpeed)
- bugfixes and balancing

kazuma6666

Hello there Simon, and thanks a lot for this modpack.
I found out about rimworld a week ago from CanardPC (a french gaming magazine) and I had a lot of fun with it.
I saw a few youtube videos with modded rimworld, and it seemed much more interesting.
Looking at this forum, this modpack grabbed my attention right away. A lot more simple than trying to make all those mods work together. And what's more, I come back a week later and there is already several updates (at least two from what I've seen in the last pages).

So now a few comments :
- The quantum storage is an incredible tool, and I LOVE IT! It's great to do chains of storage that moves around without any haulers needed.
I'll do a few screenshots with a setup with a sorting room for the metal generated by the ore extractors or for the fishes. I'll probably do a new game for this version and try it with the new storage system also to maybe do a combination of both?
- Infusion of items seems a bit powerful. Affixes like infinity or scribing on most items on a pawn will make it a beast for working. Combined with the prosthetics and caffeine I got a pawn going over 30 c/s and around 200% base work speed . To that you add the manipulation bonus from prosthetics and you get a really really fast worker. To counter this, it does take a lot of time to craft enough of them to get the good bonuses. I crafted them by 25 and got 3 items that were good enough for max powergaming ^^.
Also, scribing fishing rod of invulnerability... The fishing rods are easy to make, and I don't think they should provide such good bonuses ^^

Edit  : TLHeart pointed out that I was wrong about the restriction for the hauler bots, they can be controlled.
- Haulers bots can't be restricted in their movements. They tend to go in the middle of warfare and get killed. On the other hand, the cleaner bots are really welcome. I imagine a horde of tiny roomba waltzing around the base doing work that really shouldn't be done by pawns :)
- The added science is very welcome, in my unmodded game I finished it very fast.
- The mechanoid terraformer event benefit is too powerful. The lightning attack is really an end all hostilities. If a raid arrive, I can use it and the threat will disappear. Along with the bodies, all burning down, the same as items, which counters the benefit in the end. I didn't use it anymore towards the end of my game, because I needed the biomatter :)
- The fact that you can create any ressource by the end with the ore extractor and omnigel is very welcome in long games when you mine everything on the map.

I know that you didn't make most of these mods but it seems you are doing more than compiling mods, you do a bit of coding yourself (from what I've seen in the few comments I read). If any of these things I'm talking about are in the portions of the mods you modified, then maybe you can do something. Otherwise I guess I should put the comments in the mod pages on these forums.

TLHeart

kamuuzza, hauler bots can be restricted, via their inspection tab.... in the lower right of the screen, where it says, unrestricted, click on it and assign the zone you want it to stay in.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Nipper83

any video tutorials on how to install this pack?

kazuma6666

Quote from: TLHeart on November 26, 2015, 03:01:33 PM
kamuuzza, hauler bots can be restricted, via their inspection tab.... in the lower right of the screen, where it says, unrestricted, click on it and assign the zone you want it to stay in.

Oh cool, I didn't see that :) Thanks for the info!

I did an example of the way you can set up the quantum storage system efficiently in the RT mod thread. I really had a hard time understanding how it worked at first, and didn't see an example. Maybe it can be useful for other people :)