[A12d][ModPack] The ModVarietyPack

Started by simon-82, November 01, 2015, 02:28:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NemesisN

This mod is great...my suggestion is that you keep it as much as the way it is....don't make it like other modpacks with 50 mods where we don't even use half of them and have tons of materials to figure out and work with

the only thing I would personally think would be good for this modpack is to remove RT Storage since you added better MD2 storage I don't see the use of RT Storage since MD2 storage is a lot better, efficient, clean and organized

Also the only thing I see missing in this modpack that can be useful is Animal Operation since animals get hurt and you can't operate on them....but its not really a necessary thing to add

Just don't overdo this modpack with adding tons of mods this mod has enough things to make it good
Join the RimWorld fan community group on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1404635226524821/

kazuma6666

Hey NemesisN,

Would you look at the post I made in the RT mods thread about what you can do with RT storage please. You can almost completely get rid of hauling for resources. I don't know what you can do with MD2, but I've seen people on that thread saying the system was not as good as quantum storage.
Quantum storage let you do incredible stuff with resources. It is not ideal for anything else, but for resources it's great. Does the MD2 storage port things? If not it cannot replace quantum storage completely.

I'll make a new game today and test the latest version of the modpack and I'll see what you can do with MD2 storage.

NemesisN

so you mean RT Storage teleports recourses ?

MD2 Storage is used only for storing large amount of recourses in 1 space (2250 recourses in 1 storage), MD2 Storage looks nice and organized and it allows more free space for your storage

RT Storage looks really messy and confusing....if it can teleport items that is ok I guess but you have bots in this Mod that haul things for you...I don't know I just don't find any use of RT Storage and I find very difficult to see what recourses I have in RT Storage spaces since items go on top of each other and it looks messy like that
Join the RimWorld fan community group on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1404635226524821/

simon-82

Quote from: NemesisN on November 27, 2015, 07:14:09 AM
This mod is great...my suggestion is that you keep it as much as the way it is....don't make it like other modpacks with 50 mods where we don't even use half of them and have tons of materials to figure out and work with

the only thing I would personally think would be good for this modpack is to remove RT Storage since you added better MD2 storage I don't see the use of RT Storage since MD2 storage is a lot better, efficient, clean and organized

Also the only thing I see missing in this modpack that can be useful is Animal Operation since animals get hurt and you can't operate on them....but its not really a necessary thing to add

Just don't overdo this modpack with adding tons of mods this mod has enough things to make it good
Don't worry. I select very carefully. And often I only choose certain parts of a mod which I include, not everything. And no more ressources are planned. There are already lots of ressources in the pack.

Plans on adding next:
- more variety to meals for all the plants we have
- factions (which are a lot of work to balance)

Kitsune

Maybe its only for my game but if not.. oh no's! The cleaning-button is missing! :o

In the zoning menu with the home/no-roof/clear-snow, before the update there was the nice cleaning zone button but now its gone. Is this intended? :)

Edit: By the way its only the button its missing the mechanik behind the cleaning zone still works and its in the "expand allowed area".^-^

Edit²: Ok i think the problem is on my game something went wrong i restartet and now its all ok. o.o Dont really know whats wrong. ???

kazuma6666

Quote from: NemesisN on November 27, 2015, 08:36:02 AM
so you mean RT Storage teleports recourses ?

MD2 Storage is used only for storing large amount of recourses in 1 space (2250 recourses in 1 storage), MD2 Storage looks nice and organized and it allows more free space for your storage

RT Storage looks really messy and confusing....if it can teleport items that is ok I guess but you have bots in this Mod that haul things for you...I don't know I just don't find any use of RT Storage and I find very difficult to see what recourses I have in RT Storage spaces since items go on top of each other and it looks messy like that

The way I use the quantum storage is almost always only 1 resource for a stockpile/warehouse. Less messy this way. Also, the porting resources can really make a nice base if you like organizing stuff. I love the way I can design a very advanced resource manager with it. Did you look at my post? It is complicated but I explained how you can teleport resources with quantum storage in it. Maybe I'll do a new version mixing it with MD2 storage when I try the latest version of this modpack.

A fast explanation of the porting mechanics : a warehouse will teleport to and from a relay if configured correctly. To teleport to a relay you configure the relay to ask for some resource. To teleport to the warehouse from the relay you set up a stockpile zone around the relay, and everything on it will be ported to the warehouse if the warehouse is set to accept it.
It is a very powerful tool, but hard to understand. I had to do a lot of testing to really understand it and I'm not sure I got everything right yet, but I can do what I want to do so I am good with that.

NemesisN

Quote from: Kitsune on November 27, 2015, 10:27:50 AM
Maybe its only for my game but if not.. oh no's! The cleaning-button is missing! :o

In the zoning menu with the home/no-roof/clear-snow, before the update there was the nice cleaning zone button but now its gone. Is this intended? :)

Edit: By the way its only the button its missing the mechanik behind the cleaning zone still works and its in the "expand allowed area".^-^

Edit²: Ok i think the problem is on my game something went wrong i restartet and now its all ok. o.o Dont really know whats wrong. ???

I had that same problem then I quit and loaded up my world again and the problem was gone I had cleaning zone again

probably a bug

TLHeart

RT storage is very powerful, and can organize a storage area very efficiently, if the storage is set up correctly. You can just let it stack 8 stacks of any item per cell, or you can create stockpiles under each Quantum so all 8 stacks are the same. The warehouse consolidates stacks, so you don't have 55 steal in one stack, and 20 in another, taking up two spaces. The relays when used, can move items to and from the production benches.

MD storage only stacks one item to 2250 and takes 2 cells of space.

willow512

Hey all.. Using mvp I'm having some problems getting through the first winter. I tend to run out of food as soon as the first snow falls... I usually get about 4x100 farming cells harvested before it becomes too cold. How do you guys make sure you have enough food? Is it possible my chickens (I like chickens) eat so much that i get shortages?

Kitsune

I survived my "last" "first" winter with lots of hunting. :) Of course you need a bit of luck that enough animals are around. Dont know about the chickens, i tend to slaughter the animals i have if my food stock is to low but i think they eat 1 time a day and if you give them cooked meals it will burn your food of course. xD

NemesisN

Quote from: willow512 on November 27, 2015, 01:03:02 PM
Hey all.. Using mvp I'm having some problems getting through the first winter. I tend to run out of food as soon as the first snow falls... I usually get about 4x100 farming cells harvested before it becomes too cold. How do you guys make sure you have enough food? Is it possible my chickens (I like chickens) eat so much that i get shortages?

build your farms inside the closed roofed area (cave for example), add a sun light and control the temperature so its a normal temperature and not freezing

willow512

Thank you nemesisn kitsune.. I did try the indoor farm. But a 10x10 was not enough.. How big are your farms?
I really suspect the chickens.. I saw one today munch through 8 potatoes.. And i had 12 of the little blighters... I can tell you this.... We're eating chicken tonight.. I suspect the chickens need some work.. They eat too much. Even the eggs don't weigh up against that... Its a shame because they're really fun to have around...

simon-82

Quote from: willow512 on November 27, 2015, 04:02:59 PM
Thank you nemesisn kitsune.. I did try the indoor farm. But a 10x10 was not enough.. How big are your farms?
I really suspect the chickens.. I saw one today munch through 8 potatoes.. And i had 12 of the little blighters... I can tell you this.... We're eating chicken tonight.. I suspect the chickens need some work.. They eat too much. Even the eggs don't weigh up against that... Its a shame because they're really fun to have around...
I like chickens, too  :)
And they are pretty cool tbh. Chickens lay 1 egg every 2 days. And they eat native grass. An egg is worth 0.25 nutrition. For a simple meal you need 0.5 nutrition. So only 2 eggs make a simple meal. That's pretty good.
Compare that to potatoes which have 0.05 nutrition. So for one meal you need 10 potatoes.
I can make a small-ish colony live mostly from eggs. To do so, I almost only plant hay over the summer and have the chickens eat grass while it's not too cold for them outside.
When it's winter, I bring them inside where they have it nice and cosy.
I feed them the hay I have stocked up and make sure to let them outside to eat grass as much as the weather allows.
They do pay back for all my caring with lots of delicious eggs to get my colonists over the winter. Plus the chickens are cute!

RadGH

I've been playing this modpack a whole lot recently and it's really fun. A couple things need fixed though.

Why on earth does the "hunt" action make the colonists sit at maximum range? They have a 1% chance to hit. The hunt command is completely useless with a ranged weapon. They'll use a shotgun to the point where they might graze the fur of a rabbit. It's much better to recruit and hunt manually, but this is very tedious. The best weapon to use hunting that I've found to use so far is the RPG-7 since you'll miss, but you might kill something else. And my hunters I've ensured all have over 98% ranged accuracy, and over 10 ranged skill. I also check the weapon stats themselves and go for the best accuracy. Doesn't help at all, pretty sure it just makes them stand farther away! Even the sniper rifle is useless, they'll open the door and start shooting. Very likely to hit an ally that way too, so I had to give a closer ranged weapon.

Anyway, Is there any way to fix this? I can use a melee weapon, duh, but after every hunt they go rest in the medical bed because of a minor bruise on their pinky toe and then I have to micro manage the medicine!

--

Also, after probably 20 quickloads I've determined it is ABSOLUTELY IMPOSSIBLE to kill whatever this is (without turrets). If I leave it any longer, I get invaded by them anyway. So I'm forced to cheat, or start over.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/l3txqpiw4h7acgc/2015-11-27_23-58-59.mp4?dl=0

What's with the minigun the fat ones get? 300 shots, crazy damage and accuracy and reload speed? It's like the stats were designed by a child. They can snipe you from across the map, and it's impossible to dodge mechanoids. Extremely imbalanced with this gun mod...

simon-82

Quote from: RadGH on November 28, 2015, 12:14:12 AM
I've been playing this modpack a whole lot recently and it's really fun. A couple things need fixed though.

Why on earth does the "hunt" action make the colonists sit at maximum range? They have a 1% chance to hit. The hunt command is completely useless with a ranged weapon. They'll use a shotgun to the point where they might graze the fur of a rabbit. It's much better to recruit and hunt manually, but this is very tedious. The best weapon to use hunting that I've found to use so far is the RPG-7 since you'll miss, but you might kill something else. And my hunters I've ensured all have over 98% ranged accuracy, and over 10 ranged skill. I also check the weapon stats themselves and go for the best accuracy. Doesn't help at all, pretty sure it just makes them stand farther away! Even the sniper rifle is useless, they'll open the door and start shooting. Very likely to hit an ally that way too, so I had to give a closer ranged weapon.

Anyway, Is there any way to fix this? I can use a melee weapon, duh, but after every hunt they go rest in the medical bed because of a minor bruise on their pinky toe and then I have to micro manage the medicine!

--

Also, after probably 20 quickloads I've determined it is ABSOLUTELY IMPOSSIBLE to kill whatever this is (without turrets). If I leave it any longer, I get invaded by them anyway. So I'm forced to cheat, or start over.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/l3txqpiw4h7acgc/2015-11-27_23-58-59.mp4?dl=0

What's with the minigun the fat ones get? 300 shots, crazy damage and accuracy and reload speed? It's like the stats were designed by a child. They can snipe you from across the map, and it's impossible to dodge mechanoids. Extremely imbalanced with this gun mod...
So a couple of things:
You are playing with the CombatRealism mod here, so hunting is best done with short range weapons  like pistols, shotguns, SMGs.
Using these weapons, you shouldn't have any problems hunting at all.
Then, the thing you encountered is the Mechanoid Terraformer.
Looking at your video, I have to say what you are doing is quite silly tbh.
First of all, there are several ways to deal with this thing. Not all involve combat.
Secondly, you are trying to brute force it without any tactics. These mechs are powerful and will kill you easy when attacked like that. Imagine a group of soldiers standing in front of a tank trying to shoot it with guns. In your case it's even two tanks.
Here is a possible tactic you can use:
Build an EMP mortar, send one or two colonists out to destroy the building. As soon as the mechs appear, pull them back and let the EMP mortar target them. When they are stunned, you can get in and shoot them. You can bring a colonist with EMP grenades to stun them further. Again, the mechs are meant to be that powerful. Going head to head with them is never a good idea, you need to be a little bit more clever :)