[A12d][ModPack] The ModVarietyPack

Started by simon-82, November 01, 2015, 02:28:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NemesisN

wow you attack mechanoinds in this modpack from close range, with no cover and all colonist close to each other....that is one of the dumbest thing you can do because they will slaughter all of your colonist without them being seriously damaged at all....even in vanilla you don't attack mechanoids with this kind of tactic

the best way to deal with them is from a long distance with anti-tank mortar and EMP mortar behind a wall

also you can't do damage to them with regular bullets, rifles...you need explosive power on them like rocket launchers, grenades, mortars, mines

yes the range is ridiculous but hide behind a wall with mortars
Join the RimWorld fan community group on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1404635226524821/

simon-82

v.1.18 is out. Find it here as always :)

This one is mostly about meals + some bugs are fixed.
Thanks go to TLHeart again for finding bugs and his great suggestions!

Detailed changelog:
- lots more texture rework (for meals, beverages mostly)
- added new meals
- tofu is now a true meat substitute
- increased nutrition of pineapples (as they need more space to grow)
- recipes now spread more sensible (i.e. burgers grilled on the grill, flour & sugar made at the food prep table)
- canning station unlocks earlier (Agriculture II)
- water bucket now made from woodlog/bamboo + cost decreased
- fixed bug: batteries were not properly increasing efficency with research
- fixed bug: heaters can now be placed on conduit/lighted walls

Cerulean_Turtle

I just started this mod pack a few days ago and im starting to use bionics, but i havent been able to install them in the operations tab, anyone know a fix?

IAMEPSIL0N

Looks very interesting, there is so much contained in the MVP section of the mods that I have no idea what to suggest. Hopefully I will be able to play this soon and then I will try to help on the github.

onearchitype

Quote from: simon-82 on November 24, 2015, 03:41:46 PM

- As a second request, I am still looking for some screenshots for this thread to put on the first page.
Show me your awesome colonies you made with the modpack! :)

Here is my 2 year colony.

The soil and food growing changes make a lot more sense now! I have been having a lot of fun so far.
I still wish for torches, storage items for drinks, and wardrobes to hold multiple clothing items. Its the clothes and weapons that become overwhelming. As you can see I like a tidy colony.

simon-82

Quote from: onearchitype on November 29, 2015, 02:20:03 AM
Here is my 2 year colony.
Nice :)
Added to the front page for everyone to enjoy :)

Kitsune

Dont know what colony picu's you like but here is my actual... what i will destroy and start with the new patch. u.u Its obviously not finished and somewhat early but if you like it, take it. :) If not throw it away. xD

paragonid

Did I miss changes in organ replacement system? I can't seem to be able to set a ticket to install a new human harvested lung, I have a medical bed and a lung available in the stockpile. There's just no option for it.
Uh, unless that lung is a norbal and not human? Can't imagine any other reason.

anexiledone

You can only replace organs when you reach a certain level of medical research. Same with installing various prosthetics and bionics.

kazuma6666

Ok, I tried around 20 hours of gameplay on the 1.17 version. My game completely crashed on reload twice. The first time I got back to a save with only a warning instead of the crash and I continued. The second time I had to go back an hour of play and I'm not sure I won't just get the error again later.

Here is a screen of the crashed game : http://imgur.com/CaLo6iV.
I guess the important parts are the errors :

I did a lot of wall conduits, and one of them seems buggy.
and what I can still access in the menu :

Here are screenshots of the base an hour before that, maybe there is something you can see that may be problematic. The upper part has all the resource sorting part of the setup. The bottom part has most power generation and the middle part has the rest.

I tried creating a new game with version 1.18, saved it. Then I quit the game and tried loading it again and I get a warning :
I don't know if this will lead to the same type of problems I had before.
I'm going to try with version 1.18 and see if I get the same problems.

This is my mod order for v1.18, I don't have the one for V 1.17 anymore, but I didn't change anything in that.

I have no idea where the problems are coming from and hope somebody can point me in the right direction.

TLHeart

Kazuma, I have also gotten that error,  after building the conduit walls and saving.

mattb150

@kazuma

If you could, click on those errors in the console; this will bring up some additional info.  Make the window as large as you can by dragging the bottom-right corner to re-size it, then, for each line, bring up this extra info and take a screenshot and share it here.  If you could do this for each red line there, and also provide access to your save file somehow (compress and upload online somewhere, for example), it could maybe be manually resolved in the save file's code.  I'm not extremely experienced with code myself but if you'd like to upload the above stuff I'd be willing to poke around and see what I see at least until someone more experienced shows up.  No guarantees but probably could at least shed some light on it for you.

simon-82

Quote from: Kitsune on November 29, 2015, 05:51:10 AM
Dont know what colony picu's you like but here is my actual... what i will destroy and start with the new patch. u.u Its obviously not finished and somewhat early but if you like it, take it. :) If not throw it away. xD
Thanks Kitsune, very nice colony you have there :)
Oh oh, two of your colonists are naked! I might have to add a "rated M" to that picture :P
I like your bright red hair, that's pretty neat. And are those poor muffalos allowed outside or are they trapped in that tiny barn? o.O
Of course I will add it to the first page!

Quote from: kazuma6666 on November 29, 2015, 12:11:25 PM
(...) I did a lot of wall conduits, and one of them seems buggy.(...)
TLHeart also reported a load / save error with conduit walls to me on github. I was trying to reproduce the error by starting a new game, placing ONLY conduit walls down and saving / loading that. The error never came up for me, so I was assuming the save got corrupted somehow.
Now you report the same error. So something is clearly wrong.
As I still can't reproduce the error myself, can you maybe upload your savegame + world somewhere?
Easiest thing to do would be to just zip the entire SaveData folder, upload that and tell me which save throws the error. Hopefully by seeing the bug in a live game I can fix it :)

TLHeart

here is my current game with the error.

[attachment deleted due to age]

simon-82

Quote from: TLHeart on November 29, 2015, 02:14:08 PM
here is my current game with the error.
Thanks for uploading :)
Still trying to find the root cause of this error.
If somebody wants to help, here is my progress so far:
https://github.com/simon-82/ModVarietyPack/issues/47

EDIT: will be fixed in the next release :)