[A12d][ModPack] The ModVarietyPack

Started by simon-82, November 01, 2015, 02:28:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitsune

Quote from: TLHeart on December 08, 2015, 11:45:40 AM
The norbals are vikings. The hammer was a legendary weapon of their god. It was powerful enough to destroy mountains. So the norbals hammer can not destroy mountains, but can devastate a colonist.  I have no problem with them being equipped with the hammer.

If you go this way you can give all weapon typs something legendary, for me i would prefer gungnir above mjolnir. ;) In the way for rimworld norbals are fine i think BUT! not with the actual setting you know, just one way high tech weapon and armor OR low tech weapon and armor. Like the tribes only in viking theme. And i think the cooldown for the hammer are a way to low for its strength maybe a bit higher and the problem is already gone. ^-^ And for the legendary hammer that explodes uhm if the hammer explode its gone right? Because explosion bäm you know. xD So maybe make it one use only. But i think to discuss about norbals its not the right place here, right? :D

Edit: Oh and of course its a thing about what someone likes with the exploding hammer they are harder but if someone likes it, its ok. ^-^

simon-82

Quote from: Grogfeld on December 08, 2015, 02:09:24 PM
Hi Simon. It's me again, and again with prosthetic issue. It's the same problem like in other things. This time its about bionic arm but I imagine that is the same bug with everything that needs other 1st or 2nd level prosthetics to craft so I advise you to look at it.
I just crafted a bionic arm, no error. I upgraaded it to advanded bionic arm, no error.
Do you get the same error as before? As in "item not made from stuff" -> assigning default?
Or what is the error?

Grogfeld

So actually now I have created bionic arm without problems. And yes it was the same error "item not made from stuff" -> assigning default" but it was just an initial error the breaking one was when it tried to finish the prosthetic it just can't and Pawn goes on and on, but like I said today it finished fine so it's for me a random situation.
It's strange because this "item not made from stuff" -> assigning default" showed today when I've build embrasures. :D But then it just continued building and ended without errors.

Grogfeld

Quote from: paragonid on December 09, 2015, 03:06:17 AM
"The hammer was a legendary weapon of their god" and "Based on combat realism" in one modpack devastates me.

Wait what? So you're the one that don't believe in Santa as well! ;)

TLHeart

Quote from: Grogfeld on December 09, 2015, 01:50:22 PM
So actually now I have created bionic arm without problems. And yes it was the same error "item not made from stuff" -> assigning default" but it was just an initial error the breaking one was when it tried to finish the prosthetic it just can't and Pawn goes on and on, but like I said today it finished fine so it's for me a random situation.
It's strange because this "item not made from stuff" -> assigning default" showed today when I've build embrasures. :D But then it just continued building and ended without errors.

would really like to see your output_log file for when that happens. If using windows,
The file is located within the folder /RimWorld914Win/RimWorld914Win_Data

Flubbr

I got a small problem, i installed the modpack, ran the tools to create a shortcut but the mods do not load. Anyone who has the mod order so i can put it in manually?

Edit:
Nevermind i redownloaded the mods and put the savedata folder in fixing it.

Grogfeld

Quote from: TLHeart on December 09, 2015, 02:02:57 PM
would really like to see your output_log file for when that happens. If using windows,
The file is located within the folder /RimWorld914Win/RimWorld914Win_Data

If It happens again I'll post it.

Seloune

Hello  ;)

I have a problem with this great mod: I can't put any area farm, the grid doesn't appear when I clic and drag with my mouse.

I installed the mod as instruted by the readme (with the special shortcut) and my game is in english.

Thank you for your help and sorry for my bad english ;)

convictvx

Quote from: Seloune on December 10, 2015, 04:43:24 PM
Hello  ;)

I have a problem with this great mod: I can't put any area farm, the grid doesn't appear when I clic and drag with my mouse.

I installed the mod as instruted by the readme (with the special shortcut) and my game is in english.

Thank you for your help and sorry for my bad english ;)

u need tilled soil to be able to make a farm plot. Or it is even called fertilized soil, sorry can't remember the exact name but i know it doesn't just works on normal dirt / grass, been a while i played this pack. I might wanna look into it again.

Seloune

Thank you for your help but I tested on this tilled type and the problem persists:

The good tilled:

The grid doesn't appear:

And bonus, I have this message  :o

Oh and my OS is Win 10, maybe it can be the source of the problem...

Fluffy (l2032)

1) you need to BUILD tilled soil, it's under the food menu in the architect.
2) you shouldn't reload mods without reloading the game, this leads to all sorts of unexpected behaviour.

Seloune

Oh ok, I didn't understood it was on the menu... ::)

Everything works now, thank you very much!

simon-82

Quote from: Seloune on December 11, 2015, 04:24:16 AM
Oh ok, I didn't understood it was on the menu... ::)

Everything works now, thank you very much!
Glad you worked it out. :)
I added a lot of information to the first post now.
Hopefully new players can find out faster what is included in the modpack.
The same information is also available on the wiki on github for everybody to see. :)

paragonid

Quote from: Grogfeld on December 09, 2015, 01:59:15 PM
Wait what? So you're the one that don't believe in Santa as well! ;)

I do though: http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/02747/BADSANTA_2747800b.jpg

PS: eh, can't put spoilers in this forum?

Milso

When i uninstall and install a terraforming pump if it finished its job before uninstalling it does not work after installing again.
If i remove before it finishes it resumes where it left off instantly finishing up to that point at the new location.

also when making flour it takes 0.5 nutrition but wheat has none so it will not craft flour from wheat