[A12d][ModPack] The ModVarietyPack

Started by simon-82, November 01, 2015, 02:28:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wakko151

It makes a save file on my desktop but it doesn't read from that save file. It does not save at all. I followed the instructions. Tryed to deviate. Tryed to redirect. Nothing works. I am sad now.

cst89

I'm gonna try this modpack instead of Hardcore SK for now. First impression was nice!
Anyways, adding the Storage Search mod to to MVP would be great :) That little tweak should be hardcoded to vanilla.

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=16658.msg179978#msg179978

NemesisN

Quote from: TLHeart on December 12, 2015, 11:24:27 PM
Quote from: NemesisN on December 12, 2015, 10:22:08 PM
Quote from: TLHeart on December 12, 2015, 10:11:23 PM
Well NemesisN, you have added mods to the modpack, so you are on your own. Adding any other mods to the modpack can cause unexpected problems.

Outputlog is located in the folder /rimworld914win/rimworld914_data/

It is a text file with information to locate what is the problem...

I added 1 mod only and I don't think that this mod causes any problems at all because I used it in older versions of this modpack and it did not cause me trouble....also I don't see any error indicating that Turret Collection is causing any problems but errors that indicate something about bots and human corpses

Here is my output_log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qa9qmofz1ztwtgu/output_log.txt?dl=0

you can check it out if you want to

Adding mods can always cause problems, that is why modpacks are difficult to make.

Now if you would like help fixing your save, I have found the problem, you had a dead corpse in an MD storage unit. I had to delete the storage unit, and the corpse,  was a colonist corpse. That is where all the other errors were coming from, including the hauling bots. The bots were trying to haul the corpse, but could not, due to the corruption.

The now deleted md storage unit is at the bottom of the hallway with all the stone cutting table.

Attached you will find the fixed save.

thank you for finding the problem

if I understood you right that is the same MD storage I guess where when I click on it the game screen brakes as I showed in screenshot....ok I will try deleting that, also did you delete it with dev clear tools or just regular deconstruction ?
Join the RimWorld fan community group on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1404635226524821/

( Tchey )

Hello,

I searched the word "linux" in all 23 pages, found nothing.

Is it possible to install this mod on Linux ?

Thanks

TLHeart

Quote from: NemesisN on December 13, 2015, 09:22:18 AM

Adding mods can always cause problems, that is why modpacks are difficult to make.

Now if you would like help fixing your save, I have found the problem, you had a dead corpse in an MD storage unit. I had to delete the storage unit, and the corpse,  was a colonist corpse. That is where all the other errors were coming from, including the hauling bots. The bots were trying to haul the corpse, but could not, due to the corruption.

The now deleted md storage unit is at the bottom of the hallway with all the stone cutting table.

Attached you will find the fixed save.

thank you for finding the problem

if I understood you right that is the same MD storage I guess where when I click on it the game screen brakes as I showed in screenshot....ok I will try deleting that, also did you delete it with dev clear tools or just regular deconstruction ?
[/quote]

NO the dev tools will not fix it, you will have to EDIT the save file. That is why I attached the fixed save file to my post. And yes that is also what was causing your graphic glitch.

The save file is corrupted on the human corpse, and no way in game to fix it.

Want to fix it yourself, open the save file, search for the human corpse# that is throwing the error, delete the entire <thing> definition, along with the bugged storage unit at the same location.

NemesisN

oh ok I did not noticed the attached save file...will check it out now
Join the RimWorld fan community group on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1404635226524821/

NemesisN

worked great...no errors....I will be earful with the MD storages from now on....I must have forgot to edit the storage settings to not store corpses in that one

thanks for the time and help....appreciate it

NemesisN

MD2Storage option to store corpses has to be remove because it brakes the game or at least that all storage options are set up as "X" by default instead of green checked mark once you build up deep storage

I already posted on Mechanical Defense where MD2Storage was taken off about this problem so hopefully they will update it....if you can simon try to update it yourself.....if possible fix the chunk stacking problem also being removed once you load up your world

other then that you just need to watch to avoid storing corpses in deep storages until someone fixes this

Fluffy (l2032)

Quote from: ( Tchey ) on December 13, 2015, 09:53:43 AM
Hello,

I searched the word "linux" in all 23 pages, found nothing.

Is it possible to install this mod on Linux ?

Thanks
No reason it shouldn't work, let us know what happens! :D

wakko151

The game does not save. Is there a location I am supposed to put the RImworld folder itself to get it to path correctly to the saves?

Poetx

Well I've run into a brick wall. Cant find/make a well for water and no where can I find any instruction on how to do so.

TLHeart

Quote from: Poetx on December 13, 2015, 08:59:18 PM
Well I've run into a brick wall. Cant find/make a well for water and no where can I find any instruction on how to do so.

there is a help tab, type well in the box, and it will give you the information you are looking for. Takes agriculture III, to unlock the well, then you have to build the well with 400 blocks.

TLHeart

Quote from: wakko151 on December 13, 2015, 08:57:26 PM
The game does not save. Is there a location I am supposed to put the RImworld folder itself to get it to path correctly to the saves?

The savedata folder needs to be a sub folder of the rimworld914win folder.

Poetx

Quote from: TLHeart on December 13, 2015, 09:24:28 PM

there is a help tab, type well in the box, and it will give you the information you are looking for. Takes agriculture III, to unlock the well, then you have to build the well with 400 blocks.

Well I thought I had looked in the help section, I might have searched for water bucket instead but yep there it was, ag 3 which I am already researching.  :)

Now, how do i keep all the visitors from heading straight into my barn to slowly go crazy from lack of food which they have on them. I have setup tables and chairs and made them all kinds of food but all they do is pace back and forth, go crazy and start killing all my animals.

Thanks

TLHeart

Quote from: Poetx on December 13, 2015, 10:55:57 PM
Quote from: TLHeart on December 13, 2015, 09:24:28 PM

Well I thought I had looked in the help section, I might have searched for water bucket instead but yep there it was, ag 3 which I am already researching.  :)

Now, how do i keep all the visitors from heading straight into my barn to slowly go crazy from lack of food which they have on them. I have setup tables and chairs and made them all kinds of food but all they do is pace back and forth, go crazy and start killing all my animals.

Thanks

you can't. the visitors will head for the largest room. You can set up improve relations with them so the wardens chat them up, which will stop them from going crazy most of the time.