[A12d][ModPack] The ModVarietyPack

Started by simon-82, November 01, 2015, 02:28:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

willow512

Quote from: TLHeart on December 14, 2015, 02:17:43 AM
you can't. the visitors will head for the largest room. You can set up improve relations with them so the wardens chat them up, which will stop them from going crazy most of the time.
And occasionally convince one to join your colony.. If you keep mindful of your relation to that colony you might even get away with it without antagonizing anyone!

A really cool feature for those of us who like to play basebuilder. ;)

Martiniator

I tried installing this modpack, but whenever I run setup_modvarietypack (to create the shortcut) it says there is no proper modsconfig found, and that I have to make sure I copied everything from the zip file correctly. I followed the installation instructions, so I should have done that correctly.

I'm a bit lost here, I feel I'm missing something, but I don't know what.

Edeal

Same here for me.

I've downloaded the modvarietypack.zip and unzipped it in my gamefolder and then clicked on the setup which gave me the same message "no proper modsconfig found".

Any ideas ?

Edit : I finally uninstall the game and now it works with a new clean installation

cst89

Quote from: Edeal on December 14, 2015, 11:55:11 AM
Same here for me.

I've downloaded the modvarietypack.zip and unzipped it in my gamefolder and then clicked on the setup which gave me the same message "no proper modsconfig found".

Any ideas ?

Edit : I finally uninstall the game and now it works with a new clean installation

Actually I did the same, got a completely new install, received the same error. The trick is to copy the modconfig file from the MVP zip\Savedata\Config to the \AppData\LocalLow\Ludeon Studios\Rimworld\Config and overwrite the original file. That's what the setup exe in my opinion does. This worked for me :)

simon-82

Quote from: Martiniator on December 14, 2015, 07:27:44 AM
I tried installing this modpack, but whenever I run setup_modvarietypack (to create the shortcut) it says there is no proper modsconfig found, and that I have to make sure I copied everything from the zip file correctly. I followed the installation instructions, so I should have done that correctly.
I'm a bit lost here, I feel I'm missing something, but I don't know what.
Quote from: Edeal on December 14, 2015, 11:55:11 AM
Same here for me.
Any ideas ?
Quote from: cst89 on December 14, 2015, 01:16:33 PM
Actually I did the same, got a completely new install, received the same error. The trick is to copy the modconfig file from the MVP zip\Savedata\Config to the \AppData\LocalLow\Ludeon Studios\Rimworld\Config and overwrite the original file. That's what the setup exe in my opinion does. This worked for me :)

Jeez...
The setup file should make life easier for you to get the modpack running. Not harder...

Installation instructions for windows (the setup file is only for win) are on the wiki.
Again:
- Open up the downloaded ModPack .zip file.
- Open the ModVarietyPack-x.xx folder
- Extract everything in there to your gamefolder (2 folders (Mods + SaveData) and 2 files (readme + setup file)

I highlighted the second bit there. Is that what you missing?
I kinda don't know how I can explain this more.
There is a Mods folder and a SaveData folder and the setup file.
All 3 go into the folder you installed the game in.
When you extracted everything in there, the setup file should run without any error.

Could you three guys try to follow my steps exactly and tell me if this works please? Thanks!
I tested this several times on my pc and it does work for me. 
If possible, can you also tell me your windows version and the path you installed the game in?

Got almost all the other issues fixed. Update soon.

CrazyChris

Install the mod into the MAIN Rimworld folder, not the subfolder like the mods one.

cst89

simon-82 Well I think that's exactly what I did two times, I followed the Wiki installation guide.
If I am correct, my gamefolder should look like this after the extraction?

simon-82

Quote from: cst89 on December 14, 2015, 03:11:28 PM
simon-82 Well I think that's exactly what I did two times, I followed the Wiki installation guide.
If I am correct, my gamefolder should look like this after the extraction?

Yes, looks like mine. And the setup file does not work?
Windows version?
What is the path of that folder?

cst89

Win 8.1. x64
Path: (C):\Games\Rimworld\RimWorld914Win\
Used the 7-zip for extraction, then just copied the folder content into the gamefolder.

Maybe it has something to do with a previous copy installed on my PC with another modpack? Although it was deleted from the drive before executing a clean installation of Rimworld and then MVP, including everything from my LocalLow folder...

(Totally offtopic question: How to cook or butcher the Blueblade fish in your mod? Can't figure out :( ) Thanks!

NemesisN

there is no Power armor and power helmet to craft (the default ones from vanilla)....just a light power armor and light power helmet which is weak....I also noticed some guns can't be crafted like LMG (Light Machine Gun)....all these things you can select with Prepare Carefully option before start but you can't craft them in game

All research has been done to the full
Join the RimWorld fan community group on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1404635226524821/

simon-82

Quote from: cst89 on December 14, 2015, 03:37:31 PM
Win 8.1. x64
Path: (C):\Games\Rimworld\RimWorld914Win\

Maybe it has something to do with a previous copy installed on my PC with another modpack? Although it was deleted from the drive before executing a clean installation of Rimworld and then MVP, including everything from my LocalLow folder...

(Totally offtopic question: How to cook or butcher the Blueblade fish in your mod? Can't figure out :( ) Thanks!
Hm, what the heck? Should work without issue.
I have the game in a much deeper path than you and run win10 pro x64.
Works just fine for me.
I have multiple copies on my pc, no issues with this. No need to do anything with locallow folder.
All the script does, it looks for "currentfolder"/SaveData/Config/ModsConfig.xml
Then it looks for the "currentfolder"/Mods/ModVarietyPack folder.
If both are there, it creates a shortcut. If not = error.

Are you maybe programming a lot? (Have you messed a lot with your environment variables?)

You can butcher the fish at the food prep table.

Quote from: NemesisN on December 14, 2015, 03:45:37 PM
there is no Power armor and power helmet to craft (the default ones from vanilla)....just a light power armor and light power helmet which is weak....I also noticed some guns can't be crafted like LMG (Light Machine Gun)....all these things you can select with Prepare Carefully option before start but you can't craft them in game

All research has been done to the full
Yep, this is on purpose. There are other powerful armors / weapons for you to craft.
No need to have everything craftable. Because a) the lists on the benches get too long / cluttered b) enjoyment of finding something cool from raiders / traders

cst89

No, I'm not a programmer at all. There was no problem with the extraction, if you mean the length of the folder name. I thought the exe actually alters the LocalLow folder and replaces the old modconfig with the MVP one (from the SaveData folder). That's how the other mods I used before worked, I thought yours does the same.

So I repeated the test:
Deleted the LocalLow folder to make sure it has no previous data. Made Vanilla installation of the Rimworld to the drive (actually copied a prepared vanilla installation on my drive), launched vanilla game once, just changed the Language in the menu to English and closed the game. Default Rimworld config folder in LocalLow was generated. Then I downloaded a new MVP 1.21.zip from github. Extracted the file with 7zip to my desktop. Content of the folder was copied directly to the gamefolder. Launched the exe and got this error:

Osiris

cst89

Quote from: Osiris on December 14, 2015, 04:15:27 PM
Does Mods\ModVarietyPack exist?
You mean in my installation? Of course, it was part of the content extracted from MVP 1.21 zip.

simon-82

Quote from: cst89 on December 14, 2015, 04:03:04 PM
No, I'm not a programmer at all. There was no problem with the extraction, if you mean the length of the folder name. I thought the exe actually alters the LocalLow folder and replaces the old modconfig with the MVP one (from the SaveData folder). That's how the other mods I used before worked, I thought yours does the same.

So I repeated the test:
Deleted the LocalLow folder to make sure it has no previous data. Made Vanilla installation of the Rimworld to the drive (actually copied a prepared vanilla installation on my drive), launched vanilla game once, just changed the Language in the menu to English and closed the game. Default Rimworld config folder in LocalLow was generated. Then I downloaded a new MVP 1.21.zip from github. Extracted the file with 7zip to my desktop. Content of the folder was copied directly to the gamefolder. Launched the exe and got this error:
Thanks for doing this. It helps me finding the error.
I have a first idea. No way to test it for me, as the script runs fine on my pc.
You are doing everything right.
Can you try and run the script I attached here for me? Just put it in the folder you have now and run it. I just added one line for now. Not sure if it changes anything. If it still is doing the same as before, I need to change more

[attachment deleted due to age]