[A12d][ModPack] The ModVarietyPack

Started by simon-82, November 01, 2015, 02:28:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Great

Uh.They are broken(centipede) and antifun man.wtf is this.Pinpoint accuracy and so much dmg&burst.

WinterFlare

As far as I can tell mechs are supposed to be overpowered because of combat realism, you essentially need to have a decoy who sits behind a high health wall while other people toss grenades at it, if it stops firing make sure it initiates its attack against your decoy again. It being a minigun with such a long range though (considering the centipede is a fucking tank) is pretty lame though.

I need to know though, is there a way to replace or repair a colonists shoulder? I've tried looking for a harvest option, but I can't harvest shoulders. I also can't attach arms (I only mention this because Ultimate Overhaul let you fix shoulders by replacing arms, you could also make artificial bones with plasteel to fix shattered bones.)

I have Medicine 3, and have checked the Prosthetic Bench, Bionics Bench, and Organ Vat for a way to fix my colonists, but I've had no luck.

As a note, I have -NOT- upgraded to v.1.22 just yet (Only 1 version behind), but from the patch notes this isn't addressed.

TL:DR, Some jerk shot/cut my colonists shoulder off, and I can't find a way to fix him (Medical 3, checked Prosthetic Bench, Bionics Bench, and Organ Vat)

I found out that prosthetics and bionics attach from the shoulder, but regular arms do not. The only thing I wasn't able to find was how to fix my colonists shattered clavicle, but unfortunately after getting brain damage (I gave him some bionics to make up for the speed loss) he was KIA by a triple rocket launcher, I buried him in a tomb of silver.

willow512

Quote from: Great on December 16, 2015, 06:15:51 PM
Uh.They are broken(centipede) and antifun man.wtf is this.Pinpoint accuracy and so much dmg&burst.
You can get pretty far by popping out... shooting with quick shots and hiding behind cover. Its a lot of micromanagement but it gets the job done..

And i believe melee attackers can interrupt their attacks...  Though not completely sure... It works on lesser foes..

It's not fun but at least it does not end your game...

Britnoth

Quote from: willow512 on December 17, 2015, 02:59:57 AM
Quote from: Great on December 16, 2015, 06:15:51 PM
You can get pretty far by popping out... shooting with quick shots and hiding behind cover. Its a lot of micromanagement but it gets the job done..

And i believe melee attackers can interrupt their attacks...  Though not completely sure... It works on lesser foes..

It's not fun but at least it does not end your game...

Funny you say that. My last try with this modpack it did exactly end my game. Day 51 psychic ship popping out 1 centipede only.

It had enough range to hit people half way across the default map size. I could not get close enough to throw grenades even if I had them that early.

Hiding in cover as a decoy does not work. Their insane RPM means they can chew though walls in just a few bursts and then kill your colonist. Even when in a strong personal shield. Not sure how you would ever manage to get close enough while staying in quickly disintegrating cover long enough for someone to be throwing grendades either.

Pop out.. shoot.. hide behind cover. Actually worked. One problem is:

22 damage survival rifle hitting centipede armour = 3 damage. Will take so long it will start self repairing the earliest damage entirely before you can take it out... I think?  ::)

You either need EMP mortars getting in a few hits to stun it while everyone with a ranged weapon fires away (I didnt even have normal turrets up yet never mind mortars, and my best gun was the survival rifle still) OR multiple frag nades to get around its crazy armour. while somehow tanking its crazy fire that chews through walls like a sapper raid. From across the map.

Good luck with that.

H_D

I've sent 2 colonist on away mission (from tribals), weeks passed and they still didn't return. After couple of days they went "missing" and dissapeared from UI with no message from the game. Are they dead? How are those missions supposed to work?

Also, do saves work with newer versions?

willow512

Quote from: Britnoth on December 17, 2015, 04:46:25 AM
Funny you say that. My last try with this modpack it did exactly end my game. Day 51 psychic ship popping out 1 centipede only.
I was a bit more lucky. It was later on in the game and an Ancient danger room I opened myself so I had time to save load and plan. And I had a desert eagle on the guy I was working with. At any rate, stone and metal walls last a lot longer than other walls. It takes a long time to wear down a centipede and feels like abusing the limited AI of the enemy. If you do it right he'll never relocate to a point where he could actually kill you easily. I didn't notice him repairing himself either.

Great

Quote from: WinterFlare on December 17, 2015, 12:26:15 AM
As far as I can tell mechs are supposed to be overpowered because of combat realism, you essentially need to have a decoy who sits behind a high health wall while other people toss grenades at it, if it stops firing make sure it initiates its attack against your decoy again. It being a minigun with such a long range though (considering the centipede is a fucking tank) is pretty lame though.

I need to know though, is there a way to replace or repair a colonists shoulder? I've tried looking for a harvest option, but I can't harvest shoulders. I also can't attach arms (I only mention this because Ultimate Overhaul let you fix shoulders by replacing arms, you could also make artificial bones with plasteel to fix shattered bones.)

I have Medicine 3, and have checked the Prosthetic Bench, Bionics Bench, and Organ Vat for a way to fix my colonists, but I've had no luck.

As a note, I have -NOT- upgraded to v.1.22 just yet (Only 1 version behind), but from the patch notes this isn't addressed.

TL:DR, Some jerk shot/cut my colonists shoulder off, and I can't find a way to fix him (Medical 3, checked Prosthetic Bench, Bionics Bench, and Organ Vat)

It's funny because the lore say they fought mech with heavy armor(siege armor)and shotgun(siege,again).Yeah,no,artificial and unfair difficulty is not fun,a lot of moder think it's,but it's not.(Like Misery for example,where you go up a cliff and instantly get one shoted by a grenade even while wearing the best armor)

Having one shot minigun centipede with a gigantic range is broken(other centipede are okay i think-maybe i did not see all of them)

Also,the fact peoples die instantly from random wound(not headshot) and not from reaching 0 hp.I mean,seriously,i killed a trumpoo by shooting at it,nothing got below 270 hp,and he fall dead,with only minor blood loss.The same,my bionic super soldier die from losing one lung instantly-or torso bruise-.

Quote from: Britnoth on December 17, 2015, 04:46:25 AM
I was a bit more lucky. It was later on in the game and an Ancient danger room I opened myself so I had time to save load and plan. And I had a desert eagle on the guy I was working with. At any rate, stone and metal walls last a lot longer than other walls. It takes a long time to wear down a centipede and feels like abusing the limited AI of the enemy. If you do it right he'll never relocate to a point where he could actually kill you easily. I didn't notice him repairing himself either.
[/quote]

Yeah,there's only one way to kill them,it's abusing the AI,it's not fun-again,it's like Misery-

WinterFlare

I didn't say the miniguns range is fair, because it definitely isn't. It makes sense for scyther attacks to cover the entire map, but centipedes are basically heavy tanks. I'm more afraid of them than I am of 6 scythers. Whenever mech's arrive I send everyone inside and try to lure a centipede to a hallway that grenades will work well in. Getting shot at by a minigun from across the map is a death sentence.

One weird thing I did see (Not with Mechs though) is that suppressing fire will work on units with shields.

Quote from: Great on December 17, 2015, 12:14:07 PM
Also,the fact peoples die instantly from random wound(not headshot) and not from reaching 0 hp.I mean,seriously,i killed a trumpoo by shooting at it,nothing got below 270 hp,and he fall dead,with only minor blood loss.The same,my bionic super soldier die from losing one lung instantly-or torso bruise-.

Well I mean if you were running around in a cloth shirt and got hit by a bullet to the heart or liver I'm pretty sure you'd die too. Put something heavier or your people or be more careful with their placements. I've been having a lot of fun letting enemies come to me while I use rapid-fire short range weapons.

Great

Quote from: WinterFlare on December 17, 2015, 01:57:41 PM
I didn't say the miniguns range is fair, because it definitely isn't. It makes sense for scyther attacks to cover the entire map, but centipedes are basically heavy tanks. I'm more afraid of them than I am of 6 scythers. Whenever mech's arrive I send everyone inside and try to lure a centipede to a hallway that grenades will work well in. Getting shot at by a minigun from across the map is a death sentence.

One weird thing I did see (Not with Mechs though) is that suppressing fire will work on units with shields.

Quote from: Great on December 17, 2015, 12:14:07 PM

Well I mean if you were running around in a cloth shirt and got hit by a bullet to the heart or liver I'm pretty sure you'd die too. Put something heavier or your people or be more careful with their placements. I've been having a lot of fun letting enemies come to me while I use rapid-fire short range weapons.

You don't die instantly.And you don't die from a bullet in the liver lol(from infection later,of course,unless you are treated)!Also,i said bionic super soldier.They run around with +90% armor.
short range weapon strong?In this modpack?In my game every one only have long range burst like pulse and optic/shard.Short range is suicide.(for all-mechanoid included-)

Also,man,later in the game,you get more than 1 centipede in event/spaceship crash.If they have more than 1 minigun,it's gg,don't matter all your dude are demigod with 90%/110% dmg res.
And about the mecha *realism*centipede are not mecha,the federator and his melee version are mech(they also have pilot)-and they are balanced,the fed have problem hiting moving target and long coldown,the melee one is slow and,well,melee-.centipede is just a mechanoid-robot-.

And if we follow *realism*,my dude in closed heavy armor should be immune to minigun fire because of all this sloped armor..

WinterFlare

If your entire liver is destroyed by the shot it will kill you, and that's the way organs work in this. They're either damaged or just completely shredded / blown out, more often than not the organ is destroyed by whatever it's hit with. Generally though, I've had more people die from infections or flus than I have to firefights with low calibre weapons.

I hopped on this because Ultimate Overhaul folder, so I'll just list some gripes I have, this isn't really directed at the pack maker, just some things i've observed.

COMBAT:
The minigun on centipedes are overpowered as fuck, the gun itself has such a quick wind up period, and does LOADS of damage (Along with ridiculous amounts of armor penetration, accuracy, and range.)

I don't particularly like the turret selection, but that's probably because I don't use turrets often. Along with them being loud, I see nothing they can do that my colonists can't, especially so because I want to use them as backups rather than my main defence. (There's no shotgun turret available.) It also seems a bit odd that the browning M2 uses 500 Watt, when the Minigun uses 600 (Only 100 more)

I've had 4 federation invasions and I've been able to snipe them before they even start attacking my base. I'm not sure if that's a bug or not, but it seems when I start taking pot-shots at norbals / tribals they come to wreck my shit. Maybe it's just my imagination.

OTHER:
Ship Parts don't have nearly enough HP for the amount of work put into making them, I literally just had a lightning storm take out half my ship and the time / parts required made me take a real hit in morale, I mean it fits the theme of the game, struggling to leave the planet, but if you have something made out of huge chunks of plasteel and steel that's traversing the universe for years at a time, you'd expect it to have a bit more resistance to it. It's not like it's cheaper to make ship parts than plasteel walls if you're worried about that.

Stuffed Animals have no quality, and as far as I can tell always offer 100 beauty, this seems pretty weird to me seeing as how other artwork has quality, and its difficult for those (which require a lot more work) to even get close to 100 beauty.

roushguy

Can someone please tell me the order in which these are supposed to load, and how I can leave the Combat Realism thing out, preferably? (I kind of like how it is in vanilla)
In addition, despite following the directions, it seems I can't actually play. I seem unable to select anything once the game actually starts, not my colonists, not any of the tabs, not the stuff on the ground.

BiggyLew

Just tried to install the MVP and when running the setup script from a fresh install got this error: http://imgur.com/Uv2QeS7 .

The modconfig is in the correct location so I assume there is a slight error with the modconfig that comes in the pack download.

WinterFlare

Quote from: roushguy on December 19, 2015, 08:01:33 AM
Can someone please tell me the order in which these are supposed to load, and how I can leave the Combat Realism thing out, preferably? (I kind of like how it is in vanilla)

You're probably stuck with it seeing as how the modpack is built around Combat Realism, which as far as I'm aware means most weapon files are edited to fit with that.

As for load order, last time I downloaded the pack it came with the modconfig file.
Quote from: BiggyLew on December 19, 2015, 12:11:35 PM
The modconfig is in the correct location so I assume there is a slight error with the modconfig that comes in the pack download.

The installer didn't work for me either, so I ended up just placing the modconfig manually and it ended up working for me. It can be found in AppData\LocalLow\Ludeon Studios\RimWorld\Config

roushguy

Manually installed the modconfig file, still seeing same problem. I am unable to bring up the escape menu, select colonists, animals, or items on the ground, I am unable to bring up any of the tabs on the bottom, and there is nothing shown when trying to mass-select things.

WinterFlare

My only thought is to get a fresh version of the newest rimworld, make sure to delete everything in the Ludeon Studios Folder, and go from there. I just installed the newest version of the pack and I'm not having the problems you are.