[A12d][ModPack] The ModVarietyPack

Started by simon-82, November 01, 2015, 02:28:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Devilsgamer666

Quote from: TLHeart on December 23, 2015, 02:06:19 AM
Quote from: Devilsgamer666 on December 22, 2015, 09:03:32 PM
Hopefully the last newb question from me, How do I acquire sand?

I realize now that I have forgotten to thank all the people who have helped me up to this point, so Thank you
you grind rocks into sand at the stone table. Same place you make stone blocks.
Thank you for the help.

I had assumed it involved dredging a lake or something like that. this explains why I never found the option.

Cmoa666

Quote from: TLHeart on December 23, 2015, 02:13:37 AM
Quote from: FurryLovingGuy on December 22, 2015, 10:36:18 PM
How do I safely remove Infusions from the mod? I just find it silly that every piece of equipment is infused to drastically increase charisma psych or all these crazy things. Like, literally every single weapon or piece of clothing is "special". I tried simply removing LT-Infusion from the mod order, but then the game crashes the moment an infusable item is shown.

I'm going to be doing my own research, will edit this post if I find a way.

there is NO easy way to remove the infused items from a current game...

don't want the infusing happening, remove the infusion mod from the game, create a new world, and start a new colony... no more infused items.

In fact, it is the rule for every mod that you want install/remove. Especially if the mod add script (it is not always necessary if the mod only add item/workbench).

Selgald

I am running a colony with 12 people, and it is lagging like hell. When the colonists go to sleep, everything is fine.

So what mod in the pack makes the AI super slow?
Deutsches RimWorld Let's Play: YouTube Selgald

Fluffy (l2032)

Are they idle?

Pawns looking for work to do create a log of work behind the scenes, especially if they have a lot of worktypes enabled. This is a common theme in RW, with or without mods. The modpack just adds even more things that they could do, which means even more work behind the scenes.

If they are idling, try lowering the amount of jobs each pawn is allowed to do, and generally streamlining your workflow a bit, or just give them something to do that gets checked early (workgivers are checked in turn by order of priority, so having a pawn check all worktypes just to end up doing a hauling job is a pretty big resource drain in the long term).

If they're not idling, have you taken a look at the log to see if any errors pop up? Repeated errors can massively slow down the game. You can open the log with the '~' or '`' keys (top left on the keyboard for US-based ones, or just turn on devmode in the game's options and it'll auto open on errors. If you have any errors, go the the folder where you installed the game, then RimWorld914_xxxdata, and paste the output_log.txt you find there on the forums so the modders can have a look.   

losinator501

Finally started my playthrough on this modpack, loving it so far! Well-balanced so far in my opinion.

ThePhoenix007

I really appreciate this pack dragging things like the research tree, etc out... but its no fun when you get a heat wave at the start of the game that decimates your colony because researching power is so far away... think whomever wrote the mod for that can you know, extend the length of time before you can get your first heat wave?  this has happened 3 times now, and if I don't have AC's by the time it hits, its game over.... every time.

Also, If everything requires some sort of refined resource. E.G.  Steel bars,  Wouldn't it make sense that you wouldn't know how to build something that requires steel bars if you didn't know how to make steel bars?

"I've come up with an idea to hold energy... it requires these metal.... things.... made out of this hunk of steel...  I'm not sure how to make the metal things, but I do know if you put 15 of them together, it will hold energy....  "

Long story short, maybe before "Power 1" or "Anything 1" there needs to be some sort of "Refining materials 101". Not only does it make sense, but people don't have to try to figure out what research you have "steel bar crafting" under.

TLHeart

Quote from: ThePhoenix007 on December 23, 2015, 08:38:15 PM
I really appreciate this pack dragging things like the research tree, etc out... but its no fun when you get a heat wave at the start of the game that decimates your colony because researching power is so far away... think whomever wrote the mod for that can you know, extend the length of time before you can get your first heat wave?  this has happened 3 times now, and if I don't have AC's by the time it hits, its game over.... every time.

Also, If everything requires some sort of refined resource. E.G.  Steel bars,  Wouldn't it make sense that you wouldn't know how to build something that requires steel bars if you didn't know how to make steel bars?

"I've come up with an idea to hold energy... it requires these metal.... things.... made out of this hunk of steel...  I'm not sure how to make the metal things, but I do know if you put 15 of them together, it will hold energy....  "

Long story short, maybe before "Power 1" or "Anything 1" there needs to be some sort of "Refining materials 101". Not only does it make sense, but people don't have to try to figure out what research you have "steel bar crafting" under.

If you read what crafting I says, and I will quote it here, ""We also need to find a way to get the metal out of these rocks. Maybe if we smelt the ore in some kind of furnace?"

Then it tells you that a smelting furnace is available after researching crafting I.

Pheanox

I asked this earlier and not sure I got a response.  Is there a change to the way you get animals mate?  I have done several colonies now with a year+ to them and tamed animals are not mating.

TLHeart

Quote from: Pheanox on December 23, 2015, 10:12:52 PM
I asked this earlier and not sure I got a response.  Is there a change to the way you get animals mate?  I have done several colonies now with a year+ to them and tamed animals are not mating.

no change from vanilla. I have no problems with tamed animals mating, just keep them in close proximity, not in a dark mountain cave, and watch the offspring eat all your food.

Pheanox

Quote from: TLHeart on December 24, 2015, 01:59:29 AM
Quote from: Pheanox on December 23, 2015, 10:12:52 PM

no change from vanilla. I have no problems with tamed animals mating, just keep them in close proximity, not in a dark mountain cave, and watch the offspring eat all your food.

Seriously after posting this I started a new colony and had animals mating within a month of taming them.  Guess I've just been super unlucky up until now.

cst89

This mod is great so far! :) Could anyone explain to me how the insulation / heat resistance work, please? E.g. when the item is -7°C minimum comfortable temperature. What does it mean? Does it decrease the level at which the pawn gets uncomfortable when the heat wave strikes?

TLHeart

Quote from: cst89 on December 24, 2015, 10:41:45 AM
This mod is great so far! :) Could anyone explain to me how the insulation / heat resistance work, please? E.g. when the item is -7°C minimum comfortable temperature. What does it mean? Does it decrease the level at which the pawn gets uncomfortable when the heat wave strikes?

When the item says -7C minimum comfortable, it changes the minimum comfortable temperature down by 7 degrees, does not affect the maximum comfortable temperature. No it does not change the temperature of when the colonists complains about the heat. It does change the temperature of when the colonists complains about the cold, to a lower temperature.

There is for every pawn a minimum and a maximum comfortable temperature. Want to see the stats click on the pawn, in the pawn inspection panel in the lower right of the screen, find the "I" in the upper right corner of the inspection panel, click on the "I" and it will bring up a stats screen, with all the information for that pawn. Then if you click on the stat you want more information on like minimum comfortable temperature, you will get to see every thing that affects that pawns stats.

cst89

Antony101

Sorry if it has already been asked, but is there a way to remove cultivated soil and what not? It's petty but it annoys me when I have to relocate a farm and the old soil is just sat there.

TLHeart

Quote from: Antony101 on December 26, 2015, 12:20:40 PM
Sorry if it has already been asked, but is there a way to remove cultivated soil and what not? It's petty but it annoys me when I have to relocate a farm and the old soil is just sat there.

sorry, no way in game to remove a terrain feature, which the soils are.

If you want to remove it via dev mode, open dev mode, open debugs action menu, look for tool: set terrain, and make it what every terrain you want.