[A12d][ModPack] The ModVarietyPack

Started by simon-82, November 01, 2015, 02:28:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

losinator501

Yeah that would be a nice thing... be able to place dirt, but only on top of cultivated soil

victaria

Has anyone had success adding Crashlanding to this back and using Prepare Carefully?

Froggy

Quote from: Froggy on December 20, 2015, 06:55:51 PM
Just installed the modpack and I've got everything workout out perfectly, except one tiny thing. That is kinda crucial. My Work-Tab, is all blanked out as can be seen here: http://prntscr.com/9glnoi
I've checked all the other tabs and everything seems to be alright except for that. Any suggestions on how to solve it?
Anyone?

TLHeart

Quote from: Froggy on December 28, 2015, 04:39:31 AM
Just installed the modpack and I've got everything workout out perfectly, except one tiny thing. That is kinda crucial. My Work-Tab, is all blanked out as can be seen here: http://prntscr.com/9glnoi
I've checked all the other tabs and everything seems to be alright except for that. Any suggestions on how to solve it?
Anyone?

This is a shot in the dark, since more information is critical....

Work tab does not center in alpha 12, like your screen shot, so I would say you are not using alpha 12 rimworld. Update to alpha 12 rimworld, install mod and see if it works.

Reflexial

Quote from: victaria on December 27, 2015, 10:50:52 PM
Has anyone had success adding Crashlanding to this back and using Prepare Carefully?

I use this, and it works fine.  I actually took the one from the Hardcore mod pack, but I think the normal version should work.  You can configure many options in the mod files.

Froggy

Quote from: TLHeart on December 28, 2015, 08:07:10 AM
Quote from: Froggy on December 28, 2015, 04:39:31 AM
Anyone?

This is a shot in the dark, since more information is critical....

Work tab does not center in alpha 12, like your screen shot, so I would say you are not using alpha 12 rimworld. Update to alpha 12 rimworld, install mod and see if it works.
It is updated to alpha12. Rimworld 0.12.906 Rev 1015 compiled aug21-15.
If there are any kind of information you need to help me solve it. Just say the word and how to get it and I'll do my best to provide.

TLHeart

Quote from: Froggy on December 29, 2015, 03:16:48 PM

If there are any kind of information you need to help me solve it. Just say the word and how to get it and I'll do my best to provide.

output log file.

located in windows, in the directory, rimworld914win/rimworld914/data/output_log.txt.

A copy of that will help tell what is going on. If your on an apple machine, I am of no help.

Froggy

Quote from: TLHeart on December 29, 2015, 04:03:44 PM

output log file.

located in windows, in the directory, rimworld914win/rimworld914/data/output_log.txt.

A copy of that will help tell what is going on. If your on an apple machine, I am of no help.

Decided to do my 4th attempt on a full reinstall and now it seems to work. Beats me what I did differently the other 3 times. But at least it works. Thanks for the time you spent on my sorry arse :)

TLHeart

Quote from: Froggy on December 29, 2015, 06:32:18 PM
Quote from: TLHeart on December 29, 2015, 04:03:44 PM

output log file.

Decided to do my 4th attempt on a full reinstall and now it seems to work. Beats me what I did differently the other 3 times. But at least it works. Thanks for the time you spent on my sorry arse :)

Not sorry arse :), just want to play the game... And computer software with mods, so much can go wrong on installation, or an OLD config file is still in the hidden appdata folder, to cause problems... Glad you got it working, now have fun :)

ZozZ

im sorry if it has been posted(i'm too lazy to search) but can i get a mod list ?

TLHeart

Quote from: ZozZ on December 29, 2015, 11:52:43 PM
im sorry if it has been posted(i'm too lazy to search) but can i get a mod list ?

maybe just click the link on the first post. It will list what is included...

ZozZ

Quote from: TLHeart on December 30, 2015, 12:44:36 AM
Quote from: ZozZ on December 29, 2015, 11:52:43 PM

maybe just click the link on the first post. It will list what is included...
i did but was that all of it, like 50+ mods?
it seems to me the modpack is kinda small so i just wanted to check if there isn't any unmentioned mods,i want a modpack with 80+ 90+ mods not a hardcore one too

Cmoa666

In fact, this modpack is compiled in a few "mod", not like the old UOM (for example, the mod "Vegetable Garden" is included in the mod but not in a separate file)

Shad

Loving this Modpack!

A couple of minor things:
1. Cheese spoils fast when refrigirated? This seems a bit odd, as cheese keeps for years.
2. Typo in Cooking II desctription (there a "/n" in there) and colored lights (common -> come on)
3. Integrated circuits have the same value as electronic chips from which they are made. This makes it preferable to buy them from traders while selling your stockpiled electronic chips. In general, electronic chips are require a little too much raw resources in my opinion.

Martiniator

I have 2 questions about the manager.
Sometimes when I assign a job in the manager screen, I find double bills in my workstations. For example, right now I have a bill to make glass 21 times, and a bill to make glass 37 times. Is there a way to prevent this from happening?
Secondary, I have some chickens, mainly for eggs, so I keep the hens away from the rooster. Can I use the manager to keep 1 hen near the rooster, so she can lay fertilized eggs, to keep the population up? Or is that something I have to do manually in the animals menu?

edit: I have a third question too, whenever I try to set up something in the livestock menu of the manager, the game makes a very annoying noise like it is trying to select something constantly. Only in the menu for handling chickens this doesn't happen. Is this some sort of bug I should report?