[A12d][ModPack] The ModVarietyPack

Started by simon-82, November 01, 2015, 02:28:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TLHeart

Quote from: Martiniator on January 03, 2016, 10:21:26 PM
Since I am scared of raids (I don't find it easy to make good defenses), I played with Phoebe Chillax on freeplay (the easiest) difficulty.
When I just felt I had decent enough defenses, I switched over to Sereniz Sadistic on basebuilding diff., which in my opinion shouldn't be hard at all.
As soon as I changed, a raid party of about 20 came checking out my place, with half a minute later a warg pack. Luckily they spawned in the same location, and the raiders took care of the wargs. When I had killed off the raiders, another group came. I took care of them too, but my automated defenses were pretty much destroyed.
Immediately after that a third group of raiders joined in and took care of my colony...
So, in short, in about 2 game days I got attacked by 3 raider parties, in total I guess about 60-70 people, and a warg pack. This doesn't feel right for a storyteller who is supposed to lower the amount of raids.
I wonder if I found a glitch/bug or if this is just terrible luck.

you are not the first person to have this problem with the sereniz story teller...

so I loaded my current game, changed to sereniz, and had 3 raids in 3 days....not what that storyteller is supposed to do...

So here is a quick fix attached to this post. download it, unzip it and place it in your mods folder. Then go to the mods screen and add it to the list of mods, at the end is fine, but it must come after (below) MVP. 

It will fix sereniz to do what the description says, lots of small irritations, and fewer raids.

It is save compatible, as it only changes the sereniz storyteller.

[attachment deleted due to age]

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: Autismo on January 03, 2016, 08:39:36 PM
I was under the impression that that kind of thing WAS related to the skill of the doctor? A unskilled doctor wouldn't be able to install an advanced bionic like that even with research. If this kind of knowledge isn't gained from the Medicine skill, what is? Getting really good at suturing things? Ability to cure diseases? Why do doctors get good at those things without research, but they can't install prosthetics? It seems contradictory to me.

Medicine skill increases surgery/treatment success chances and speed, it does not unlock any treatment options or the like. A pawn with a 1 in medicine can suture internal bleedings and install bionic bodyparts, he just takes longer and has a higher chance of failing surgery/poor quality treatment.
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

simon-82

Quote from: WinterFlare on January 03, 2016, 05:53:40 PM
The reason I don't like the storage with that texture is if you reverse where it's placed IE: Hopper on the right or bottom side, it'll store items IN the hopper. I tried making them symmetrical in my base having them both face inwards, but it doesn't work that way.
Should have played around with the texture more, I agree.
I still like the idea of haveing the stack partially covered, though.
Since it is inside a deep container, makes sense to me. I'll make a new a new texture :)
Quote from: TLHeart on January 04, 2016, 02:26:50 AM
you are not the first person to have this problem with the sereniz story teller...

so I loaded my current game, changed to sereniz, and had 3 raids in 3 days....not what that storyteller is supposed to do...

So here is a quick fix attached to this post. download it, unzip it and place it in your mods folder. Then go to the mods screen and add it to the list of mods, at the end is fine, but it must come after (below) MVP. 

It will fix sereniz to do what the description says, lots of small irritations, and fewer raids.

Don't know what's up with that Storyteller. I did not change anything in it. But thanks for the fix, will take a look at it and implement it in the pack

simon-82

Quick update:

v.1.23a (find it here)
- Changed: New texture for DeepStorage
- Changed: Sereniz storyteller spawns fewer large threats 

Kitsune

What , what? I nearly missed 2 updates?! :o Dam things like relationships and love, i have to play the new shiny version. ::) ... my sweetheart will understand this... ;D

By the way i hope you all had a good start in the new year? ^o^ And simon-82 thank you for the work you do. :3 You always do a good work to ruin my colonys. xD

Zaraky

Hey guys. I've been trying to install this mod pack for a while but it just won't work, saying mod are corrupted and stuff like that every time. I reinstalled from scratch all the time, copied the files into the game folder, ran the batch file, used the shortcut it gave and restarted the game after launching it once. What I am doing wrong for the mod to not load correctly?

Kitsune

Are you playing with english or an other language? :)

Zaraky

Kitsune

Have seen you installed all from scratch, i think rimworld included right? Tried to redownload the mod pack? You know sometimes downloads like to be meany and say "you dare to download me? i will crumble all my data, look how you deal with it!". ;D

Zaraky

Yes, completely reinstalled rimworld from scratch, removed everything in the %appdata% folder, launched the newly installed game to restore the %appdata% to default, ( otherwise get error of config not being correct) then redownloaded the newly updated modpack, transferred everything, ran the batchfile, ran the game once and closed it, relaunch it and get the same error.

Would actually be easier if we could just dump the mod into the mod folder and activate them like other mod.

Kitsune

Ok i even dont do the appdata stuff and i have no problem(no problems that i can see). ;D And if you say you use the shortcut that the mods need, i'm out i dont know the problem but in the view of knowledge for files i'm a little cookie maybe the others here can help you better. :D

NemesisN

the new texture for storage has a nice 2 wooden thin stripes so you can see recourses but you can also see the floor....and now it looks like recourses are sitting on the floor....it looks like a cage for recourses

a bottom texture part would look good so it looks like recourses are placed on storage and not on the floor
Join the RimWorld fan community group on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1404635226524821/

TLHeart

Quote from: Zaraky on January 04, 2016, 09:53:50 AM
Yes, completely reinstalled rimworld from scratch, removed everything in the %appdata% folder, launched the newly installed game to restore the %appdata% to default, ( otherwise get error of config not being correct) then redownloaded the newly updated modpack, transferred everything, ran the batchfile, ran the game once and closed it, relaunch it and get the same error.

Would actually be easier if we could just dump the mod into the mod folder and activate them like other mod.

You can do that. You don't have to use the script provided. You don't have to use the shortcut, savedata folder either. All of that is there for people who want to have multiple installations of the game, with different mods running, and a vanilla version also.

Zaraky

well, since im playing with hardcore sk mod, having multiple version would be great, except it's just not working. so in the end , I might be stuck of playing on version only.

TLHeart

Quote from: simon-82 on January 04, 2016, 04:58:33 AM
Quote from: WinterFlare on January 03, 2016, 05:53:40 PM
The reason I don't like the storage with that texture is if you reverse where it's placed IE: Hopper on the right or bottom side, it'll store items IN the hopper. I tried making them symmetrical in my base having them both face inwards, but it doesn't work that way.
Should have played around with the texture more, I agree.
I still like the idea of haveing the stack partially covered, though.
Since it is inside a deep container, makes sense to me. I'll make a new a new texture :)
Quote from: TLHeart on January 04, 2016, 02:26:50 AM

Don't know what's up with that Storyteller. I did not change anything in it. But thanks for the fix, will take a look at it and implement it in the pack

That storyteller sereniz, has been broken since released by the original author. But the number of people who want fewer raids, is small, so few complaints/reports.