[A12d][ModPack] The ModVarietyPack

Started by simon-82, November 01, 2015, 02:28:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TLHeart

Quote from: Zaraky on January 04, 2016, 11:49:31 AM
well, since im playing with hardcore sk mod, having multiple version would be great, except it's just not working. so in the end , I might be stuck of playing on version only.

do a manual installation then, just like you have to do with hardcore sk....

Create a new folder (I named it MVP) to contain all of Rimworld, the mods, and the saved data. Install a clean version of rimworld to your new MVP folder. . Create a shortcut to this installation of Rimworld. Right click the shortcut, go to properties,   Add this to the target: in the properties tag. -savedatafolder SaveData Click apply, and ok. Screenshot of how the target line looks after adding the switch.

Run rimworld once to create the data files.

close rimworld.

Extract the files from the mod into the mods folder.
go to the savedata/config/ folder and delete the modsconfig file there.
copy the modsconfig file from the pack to the savedata/config/ folder.

you now have a separate modded version of rimworld.

[attachment deleted due to age]

simon-82

Quote from: TLHeart on January 04, 2016, 12:24:47 PM
do a manual installation then, just like you have to do with hardcore sk.......
(...snip)
Thanks for explaining TLHeart :)
Creating this shortcut you explained is done by the script. Nothing more, nothing less.
I had exactly that explanation on the wiki before.

In the beginning it was "Where do I put the modconfig file? appdata? What? The modpack is not working!"

So I thought, well, just put the modconfig in a folder where the game is.
Simply do a shortcut to that.
That's easier, right? ... But nope.

Then it was like "How do I create a shortcut on Windows? It's too complicated! The modpack is not working!"
So I thought, well, I just make a script for this then.
That's easier, right? ... But nope.

Then it was like "The script is not working! The modpack is not working!"
So I'm not sure what else I can do...

EDIT: DERP!
Hotfix 1.23b released here
- hotfix tailor's bench

onearchitype

Thanks for the update. Cool new features. However, I started a new game ...(clean install) with 1.23 and the tailor's workbench will not work. Is anyone else having a problem with this bench using 1.23?

Prior to 1.23 I was using kNumbers with MVP cause its another amazing mod but it seems to not like the 1.23 version. I'm hoping you will add it to your modpack.

I am now playing using only the modpack and the tailor's workbench seems to not act on assigned bills.  :(

TLHeart

Well if he has a working copy of hardcore, then he understands how to put mods where they go...

I understand what you script does, and it seems like it should always work, but there are so many configurations, options, that for some it is not... 

So I thought I would try to explain it.

Some people understand by words, some by pictures, some by doing... others will never understand, and we create scripts for those people.

Tyriss

Love the modpack mate. It got me back into the game. I'm currently conflicted though if I want to play this modpack or just use Prepare carefully with the Crash Landing mod. Crash Landing mod is amazing, I tried adding it to the modpack but it caused researching to bug out. Not sure if me or if that is replicated for everyone.

onearchitype

Quote from: Tyriss on January 05, 2016, 04:27:16 PM
Love the modpack mate. It got me back into the game. I'm currently conflicted though if I want to play this modpack or just use Prepare carefully with the Crash Landing mod. Crash Landing mod is amazing, I tried adding it to the modpack but it caused researching to bug out. Not sure if me or if that is replicated for everyone.

The same thing happened to me with this latest version when trying to use kNumbers. I had always been able to use it in the past. You may want to try Crash Landing with release 1.22.

NemesisN

Quote from: Tyriss on January 05, 2016, 04:27:16 PM

if you add other mods to a mod pack it can cause problems like that
Join the RimWorld fan community group on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1404635226524821/

Tivec

Ehm, I think something is seriously wrong with research. I built a research bench, but this is what I see when I open up the research screen: http://i.imgur.com/FgJAYdd.png

Error from log:
Exception filling window for CommunityCoreLibrary.MainTabWindow_Research: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at CommunityCoreLibrary.MainTabWindow_Research+<>c.<RefreshSource>b__29_10 (CommunityCoreLibrary.HelpDef rpd) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Linq.SortSequenceContext`2[CommunityCoreLibrary.HelpDef,System.String].Initialize (CommunityCoreLibrary.HelpDef[] elements) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Linq.QuickSort`1[CommunityCoreLibrary.HelpDef].PerformSort () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Linq.QuickSort`1+<Sort>c__Iterator21[CommunityCoreLibrary.HelpDef].MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[CommunityCoreLibrary.HelpDef].AddEnumerable (IEnumerable`1 enumerable) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[CommunityCoreLibrary.HelpDef]..ctor (IEnumerable`1 collection) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Linq.Enumerable+<CreateReverseIterator>c__IteratorF`1[CommunityCoreLibrary.HelpDef].MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Linq.Enumerable.Count[HelpDef] (IEnumerable`1 source) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at CommunityCoreLibrary.MainTabWindow_Research.DoWindowContents (Rect inRect) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Window+<WindowOnGUI>c__AnonStorey1C3.<>m__EE (Int32 x) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

Edit: Sorted out with a restart of RimWorld. Very strange.

Kitsune

@Tivec: Had the same problem and fixed it the same way. xD Very very strange.~

So but i have another problem, in the outfit menu i cant find the cowboy hat and a few others. By the way above hats, i really really love the new seperation for the hats and the other clothing. ^~^

simon-82

Quote from: Kitsune on January 06, 2016, 01:56:27 PM
@Tivec: Had the same problem and fixed it the same way. xD Very very strange.~

So but i have another problem, in the outfit menu i cant find the cowboy hat and a few others. By the way above hats, i really really love the new seperation for the hats and the other clothing. ^~^
Hm, yea this can happen when the mods get changed (or loadad the 1st time). That's why I recommended to restart the game after loading the first time.

Thanks Kitsune :) Glad you are still playing with the modpack and that you like the changes.
About the hats missing, I had a quick look at the code and it seems I missed the 2 vanilla hats while doing the switcheroo of the tables, I think.
Can you confirm that only the 2 vanilla hats (cowboy + tuque) are missing?
It looks like that to me. The others are all there I believe. (so many hats...(yay! :)))

Oh by the way, have you seen the new heads? The males can have beards now.
But I had a hard time getting good ideas for the female heads :(
So now I have one female head with freckles and 2 with (badass) scars.
You surely have some good ideas for new female heads, right? Let me know! :) 

skullywag

Lipstick. Beauty spot. Eyeliner. Piercings. Go.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Kitsune

Quote from: simon-82 on January 06, 2016, 02:18:56 PMThanks Kitsune :) Glad you are still playing with the modpack and that you like the changes.
Rimworld is a game that is to nice to put aside. :D Sometimes it gets boring but as soon something gets an update im back and i like mods and mod packs with a better research so your mod pack is a must have for me. ^~^ I was busy over the holidays, things like my darling and friends need love and i cant put games in their way because they will get mad if i do that. xD

Quote from: simon-82 on January 06, 2016, 02:18:56 PMAbout the hats missing, I had a quick look at the code and it seems I missed the 2 vanilla hats while doing the switcheroo of the tables, I think.
Can you confirm that only the 2 vanilla hats (cowboy + tuque) are missing?
It looks like that to me. The others are all there I believe. (so many hats...(yay! :)))
As far as i seen only the 2 vanilla hats are missing but im not 100% sure only uhm 90%. :D

Quote from: simon-82 on January 06, 2016, 02:18:56 PMOh by the way, have you seen the new heads? The males can have beards now.
But I had a hard time getting good ideas for the female heads :(
So now I have one female head with freckles and 2 with (badass) scars.
You surely have some good ideas for new female heads, right? Let me know! :)
The only downside for me with the new heads is, with all new clothing, i need so much time in the charcreation. So much scrolling. :'(
Sadly, freckles are the only thing beside scars i can imagine most time i prefer "clean" faces. ;)

Quote from: skullywag on January 06, 2016, 02:36:58 PM
Lipstick. Beauty spot. Eyeliner. Piercings. Go.
I think piercings are hard to make because with the images they have to be tiny and i think they will be to tiny. :D Lipstick will be no option i think no colonist shows their mouths. :o Eyeliner and beatuy spots sure i think. And "Go" i dont know actualy im not nativ english and i think the translation "going" is wrong. xD

skullywag

"Go" i just meant GO start working in it. :)

still think lipstick (as in big red lips) would look amazing. :p
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

wakko151

This is such a great modpack so far. I am really loving the new progression as it makes me feel like after 2 hours of play its not just repetion. This game is very hard in the beginning for me because I play Randy on Normal. But it is still possible I would say 4 out of 10 starts don't end in complete disaster which is lower then the original game which was 9 out of 10. Still it feels more satisfying when i reach even the power plant stage. Please don't ever rush with this modpack. I think we all appreciate the level of attention to detail and balance that you have put into the game so far.

Thank You.

Kitsune

Quote from: skullywag on January 06, 2016, 04:07:15 PM
"Go" i just meant GO start working in it. :)

still think lipstick (as in big red lips) would look amazing. :p

Woopsie. :D Hm i think i agree with you but somehow i have a little bit fear, that colonists with mouths dont look good. ;D

Quote from: wakko151 on January 06, 2016, 04:07:43 PM
This is such a great modpack so far. I am really loving the new progression as it makes me feel like after 2 hours of play its not just repetion. This game is very hard in the beginning for me because I play Randy on Normal. But it is still possible I would say 4 out of 10 starts don't end in complete disaster which is lower then the original game which was 9 out of 10. Still it feels more satisfying when i reach even the power plant stage. Please don't ever rush with this modpack. I think we all appreciate the level of attention to detail and balance that you have put into the game so far.

Yep with better research progression rimworld gets a nice feeling even sometimes my beloved sweet pheobe near kills me with basebuilder difficulty. :D For my actual game... grow season apr-nov i think it was and the HALF of it had cold snap. If i had no good hunter i already had lost it. But i fear the winter a bit. ^-^

I actualy build a colony with an hotel(for the time now sadly with tiny rooms) but i can already give 7 guests fluffy beds for sleep. :D A guest already left some silver as a reward, i like this. ^~^