[A12d][ModPack] The ModVarietyPack

Started by simon-82, November 01, 2015, 02:28:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PKGameOnly

Sorry been searching this forum for all the mods I would like for a new game and came across this one.  don't have time anymore to read all 41 pages of comments to find if this was answered before, but looking thru this mod it as a lot of different mods attached to it.  What if I don't want a certain mod to be activated when I go to play, like say the "The backstory" or "The Mechaniod Terraformer" can I turn that particular mod off and keep/select the mods I want loaded?  What if I want "Hospitiality" or "The Romance" mod can I still add these?

Thanks

Fluffy (l2032)

Turning mods off is generally more dangerous than adding new mods, because you might break something that depends on the mod. When adding new stuff, unless there's major conflicts, you're usually ok (even if any research/building costs might be vanilla style, and thus break immersion a bit, it shouldn't break the game).

As for what specific mods you can turn off, I have no idea, but I'm tempted to say the two you mention are unlikely to be depended upon by other mods.

Hospitality is already in the pack, and there's only one real way to see if adding fappington's mod works; give it a try (and report back your results!)

Finally, be aware that when you add/remove mods the warranty on the modpack ( in so far as there is any ) is pretty much void. There's any number of things that can muck up, so if it doesn't work - it doesn't work.

akisute

Quote from: Torchwood2002 on January 16, 2016, 08:01:17 PM
When I'm using the 1.22 version, I cannot place a grow zone. When I try, the measurements show up but the squares do not 'light up' and set.

You actually can. The trick is, you need to first cultivate the ground by "Architecture -> Food -> Soil(or something, I can't remember the exact name)". After you plowed the ground, you can place grow zones upon it. It's a feature of this mod pack, not a bug.

akisute

Quote from: TLHeart on January 16, 2016, 06:42:44 PM
Quote from: Fluffy (l2032) on January 16, 2016, 05:47:00 PM

Thanks, that helps quite a bit. I'm afraid there might be some issues with the CCL detour methods on non-windows platforms. I personally have neither the expertise nor access to a mac to get to the bottom of this, but I'll see what I can do.

In the mean time, you should be able to safely delete the allowmoddedheads mod (or just disable) in the latest version of MVP, the only noticeable difference will be that you won't get the new facial hair and scarred heads.

Sorry to say there is no allow modded heads mod, simon put it inside the MVP mod...Will need to delete the dll from the assemblies folder, and from the xml files manually.

Oh good! I'm all for trying this. And don't worry, Mac gamers has to handle things by ourselves 8) But I think you might want to add a quick installation note about this in your github wiki page (Mac Installation Guide). That's a good idea isn't it?

Also, I've checked the newly-added CCL detour method you've mentioned (https://github.com/RimWorldCCLTeam/CommunityCoreLibrary/compare/v0.12.4...master) and... it's just gross. No wonder it doesn't work at all in Mac or even in Linux. Perhaps I'm going to talk about this in CCL forum...  :'(

Edit: Confirmed that 1.24 works in Mac if you remove Mods/ModVarietyPack/Assemblies/AllowModdedHeads.dll and Mods/ModVarietyPack/Defs/ThingDefs/Bootstrap.xml. Thank you so much! And also I've reported the issue about this to CCL guys... but I believe this detour thing can't be fixed to run in other platforms like Mac as far as I've learned so far. Grim.

Ienkoron

every time I try to install this I get a bunch of debug notices saying that the mods are incompatible ...
If there's someone likely to over react, that's likely to be me :P

Reviire

Are beserk visitors supposed to be able to open doors and beat up colonists without generating an alert, like "Colonist under attack!"?

Quote from: Gizogin on March 16, 2012, 11:59:01 PM
I think I've been sigged more times as a result of my comments in this thread than I have in most of my other activity on these forums. 

bladegrasp

Hi guys! First and foremost: Fantastic mod pack! Loving it, wouldn't play the game without it!

I have a couple questions/problems:

1. Intense Lag: I've been building pretty much everything that's on the pack, and right now the lag is a bit out of control. My computer (as probably all of yours too) is overqualified for Rimworld, and it's not taking that much RAM at all. When I pause, everything moves smoothly, but when I hit play, regardless of speed, the game starts stuttering with lag, l ike if there's an ingame process/loop that's getting forced over and over. Any ideas/suggestions/known-workarounds on how to reduce extreme lag would be appreciated.

2. Wandering Idle Colonists: I'm having an issue with colonists going idle and walking away for miles. When I select them and Draft/Undraft them, they instantly find a job to do. If I don't notice, they walk almost to the end of the map and most of the time come back fatigued directly to sleep. I've given them enough tasks, created enough bills, supplied enough materials, etc. Seems like an ingame error since they instantly go to work after draft/undraft, so the work is out there to be done. Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.

3. Stockpiles Inventory: Is there a way to know what each Stockpile is holding? After full upgrades, I'm having issues using Quantum Stockpiles for gear. We have an Inventory tab, but weapons get centralized (Ex. If I have 4 laser pistols, they get put together in the Inventory tab regardless of quality, so when I want to find and equip the one that's legendary I have to do some workaround with weapon safes that feels unintended.) Maybe a tab that would show each zone and label the Stockpiles in it with their items?

Thanks for your time!

-bladegrasp

Azulas

Hi! Thanks for making this modpack first off, secondly I am running into an issue when trying to activate the mods where the Combat Realism Core Mod is coming up as incompatible. I narrowed it down by going in and turning mods on one by one until I found the culprit. Any insight into a fix would be much appreciated. If you need any further info please ask!

dershamc903

I just started playing this mod last week and man it has been one heck of a ride. I thought the extra production chains would get tedious, but it does complement things well once you get hauling and cleaning robots to do the grunt work.

I too have the same lagging issue when you start to build a bigger base with a larger population. Things start to grind a bit after you have 12 colonists.

I also had one of my colonists get their kidney destroyed so when I captured a guy who was 1% chance to recruit I decided to harvest his kidneys and they showed up in my inventory, but going into the operations section there is no option on the drop down menu to install that new kidney in the colonist who was wounded. In my previous game with the same mod I had no problem creating organs and installing them, but strangely harvesting from someone to then install them, it doesn't show that as an option. I haven't had to try to install other harvested organs other than  kidneys.

Also one of my guys had his right clavicle broken, so I replaced his right arm with a bionic one, but it still showed his clavicle as broken. Thought I'd try replacing his top rib to see if the game thought that's what a clavicle was, but that didn't fix the clavicle either. How do you fix a broken clavicle?

Reviire

Question: Enriched soil or hydroponicss?

Quote from: Gizogin on March 16, 2012, 11:59:01 PM
I think I've been sigged more times as a result of my comments in this thread than I have in most of my other activity on these forums. 

killermen962

I'm not sure if I'm missing something but I cannot have anyone clean up messes, do I need to unlock it the research tree or is there some kind of broom I need that I'm overlooking?

killermen962

Quote from: Torchwood2002 on January 16, 2016, 08:01:17 PM
When I'm using the 1.22 version, I cannot place a grow zone. When I try, the measurements show up but the squares do not 'light up' and set.

You have to place down some tilled soil (Or whatever its called) Its found under the food tab (May need research)

killermen962

Quote from: Azulas on January 17, 2016, 12:59:11 PM
Hi! Thanks for making this modpack first off, secondly I am running into an issue when trying to activate the mods where the Combat Realism Core Mod is coming up as incompatible. I narrowed it down by going in and turning mods on one by one until I found the culprit. Any insight into a fix would be much appreciated. If you need any further info please ask!

Did you look at the installation instructions? It says you drop the modpack right into the game, should look like this (Or about) http://prntscr.com/9rdoku
After you moved the variety pack you use its shortcut and it will automatically set the game up

Logiwonk

Hello, really been enjoying this well-crafted modpack. I'm, currently running the most recent version of the modpack with no additional mods or alterations. I've run into a really annoying bug however:

I'm pretty deep into the late game and have been making use of a lot of the EPOE content - bionics and such. However, now I find that when one of my colony members lose an organ, even if I grow a new one and put it in the stockpile, I can't install in in the patient, the option does not appear.

The game clearly understands that the organ is damaged (i.e. there is no remove stomach option if the stomach is damaged, but neither is there an "install stomach" option, despite my top of the line med bay stocked with everything.)

Does anyone have a similar experience and if so is there a fix I can write into a file somewhere? Thanks very much!

Logiwonk

Addendum - The above inability to install an organ to replace a damaged/destroyed one was only present when I had an adrenaline rib in stock, once I install the adrenaline rib in another colonist I was able to install a lung and a stomach in two additional colonists.

Problem solved - don't keep ribs in the stockroom!