[A12d][ModPack] The ModVarietyPack

Started by simon-82, November 01, 2015, 02:28:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitsune

Quote from: Listen1 on January 20, 2016, 04:41:16 AM
Quote from: WinterFlare on January 20, 2016, 04:22:58 AM

Quote from: Mechanoid Hivemind on January 19, 2016, 04:58:27 PM
how do i disable the cloths? i dont like them, i cant find the mod that adds them

There isn't any support outside legitimate bugs for most, if not all modpacks. Someone might know how, but you're most likely SOL on the matter.

I've made the textile stuff to disassemble clothes, and allowed my colonist for the use of basic pants, button down shirts, t-shirts, duster and cowboy hats. And dissabled all the others. Don't like the clutter of clothes either, and that was the solution I was given

Its the same i do, building a nice house for my clothmaking business a few stockpiles with materials and one bigger with clothing enabled that i dont want. And setting a loom with the order to tear apart anything and only the range of the house, viola you have only ever to worry about it anymore if your stockpile get flooded with textile materials. ;D

killermen962

Not sure if this is a mistake or not but I got some traders with 15,000 gun-parts for sale and selling each for only 50 cents :| I feel like your paying 50$ for any gun in the game really there

Pjstaab

Quote from: Treason5240 on January 20, 2016, 12:00:06 AM
Quote from: 10001110 on January 19, 2016, 11:47:13 PM
Quote from: Pjstaab on January 19, 2016, 09:11:44 PM
What's the secret to fighting norbals? After awhile it's fine but starting off it's almost fun getting zerged by 3 times as many norbals as colonist with explosive throwing axes. They don't seem to retreat ever either. I'd honestly rather take any other faction attacking than norbals.

Embrasures and lots and lots of turrets? My best guess :D

Prepare carefully.  Bring along 3 Machine Guns.  Eats through suicidal mobs, even the Zerg rushing shield-equipped Pirates and Norbals.

Unfortunate. After the first few it's fine since you have more than a starting pistol and survival rifle. Without guns though they just hunt you down, chop everyone to bits, and carry off the survivors. You can't reasonably fight them off with melee since you're extremely outnumbered and guns are effective until you have to reload and that's when the chopping to bits happen.

Treason5240

Quote from: Pjstaab on January 20, 2016, 03:43:45 PM
Quote from: Treason5240 on January 20, 2016, 12:00:06 AM
Quote from: 10001110 on January 19, 2016, 11:47:13 PM
Quote from: Pjstaab on January 19, 2016, 09:11:44 PM
What's the secret to fighting norbals? After awhile it's fine but starting off it's almost fun getting zerged by 3 times as many norbals as colonist with explosive throwing axes. They don't seem to retreat ever either. I'd honestly rather take any other faction attacking than norbals.

Embrasures and lots and lots of turrets? My best guess :D

Prepare carefully.  Bring along 3 Machine Guns.  Eats through suicidal mobs, even the Zerg rushing shield-equipped Pirates and Norbals.

Unfortunate. After the first few it's fine since you have more than a starting pistol and survival rifle. Without guns though they just hunt you down, chop everyone to bits, and carry off the survivors. You can't reasonably fight them off with melee since you're extremely outnumbered and guns are effective until you have to reload and that's when the chopping to bits happen.

Alternatively, if you have someone who's fast on their feet (jogger, fast walker, etc) have them aggro the invaders and run around in circles, keeping them occupied while your gun equipped colonists take pot shots until they die (Norbals don't retreat; no honor in running from a fight).

Kitsune

Or naturaly, this modpack is to make the game harder, turn down the storyteller difficulty to that point you survive the first few norbal plundering and turn the storyteller up again. :) Of course if this advice go to an guy that loves challanges, try harder that is what you want. xD

Plasmatic

Quote from: Kitsune on January 21, 2016, 03:12:11 AM
Or naturaly, this modpack is to make the game harder, turn down the storyteller difficulty to that point you survive the first few norbal plundering and turn the storyteller up again. :) Of course if this advice go to an guy that loves challanges, try harder that is what you want. xD

How hard is it to modify the storyteller post start?

Kitsune

Its very simple. If you loaded your safe you can go in the settings and there should be an option to change the storyteller. If you like i can make a screenshot. ^~^

Plasmatic

Quote from: Kitsune on January 21, 2016, 04:44:57 AM
Its very simple. If you loaded your safe you can go in the settings and there should be an option to change the storyteller. If you like i can make a screenshot. ^~^

Oh I had no idea it was in the game, I thought it was modifying the save file.. I should be able to find it in the menu no problem, Thanks!

Kitsune

Hai, a few updates ago it was not in the settings in the game. Its more a new shiny thing we got.  ::) And i'm happy that i can help. :3 Enjoy. xD

killermen962

These traders are so annoying.... They are dis-allowing me to harvest power XD
1st Trader: http://prntscr.com/9u36qj
2nd Trader: http://prntscr.com/9u39st
Happens every fucking time...

Fluffy (l2032)

Quote from: killermen962 on January 24, 2016, 02:39:08 AM
I seem to recall that the caravan traders actually seek out wooden flooring when looking for an area to set up camp. It's supposed to be a feature so you can control where they go.

Try using the 'clear wind turbine cells' option in the manager, that'll give cut designations on any plants that dare grow in wind turbine range.

Kitsune

Quote from: killermen962 on January 24, 2016, 02:39:08 AM

I smell... sabotage. :O

@Fluffy: Love your avatar. *~*

Treason5240

Enemy mortars are disgustingly accurate >:(

TLHeart

So are your mortars... make decimation of the raiders that mill around quite easy.

Hauler_bot

Having great fun so far. Thanks for a great mod pack.

It was a bit difficult in the beginning, but I'm starting to get the hang of it. Although I'm sure there are still many things I haven't discovered.

A question:
It seems prisoner recruitment numbers are higher then in vanilla? Either that or I have been extremely unlucky. Most of them have been in the high 90s. Many 99. In addition, and I guess this is because of the combat mod, enemies are more often killed then wounded. So in effect I have a hard time getting new people for my colony. I know you can try and recruit guests, but the hostility you get in return doesn't seem to be worth it. Are there still slave ships? I haven't seen any the 1,5 year my colony has lasted.