[A12d][ModPack] The ModVarietyPack

Started by simon-82, November 01, 2015, 02:28:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cmoa666

I used it with the previous version of the modpack (1.22), but it should work with this one (It didn't change the techtree, but is unlocked by ElectricSmelting tech aka crafting II)

Cherna

Quote from: skullywag on February 19, 2016, 08:28:51 AM
Quote from: Cherna on February 18, 2016, 02:06:57 PM
Is it possible to install Mind Altering Device https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=16743.0 on MVP? Keep on getting some errors with marble floor turns into sand and some visual glitches no matter where I put it in mod list.

this sounds like the age old problem of not restarting after visiting the mod page, run your game but dont visit the mod page, if you turn a mod on, restart the game and then do not visit that page.
Thank you, haven't heard about this problem. Works fine for me now, got android trait at one useless bitching colonist and totally ruined the other one.

Curgon

Getting errors with this with version 12.914 that some mods are not compatible.

Astasia

Quote from: Nanao-kun on February 19, 2016, 03:43:54 PM
By the way, does that modified Mending mod on page 42 work? Might be that, or maybe the mod variety pack itself, but after a certain point, checking the "researched" tab in the Research tab screws up that part of the UI, making it blank and unclickable. It fixes itself after restarting the game, but will happen again if you click it again. (Just in case it isn't clear, this is with that modified Mending mod installed.)

It works fine. Your issue sounds like you added a mod and didn't restart the game right away. If you do anything with your modlist, you need to quit the game after and restart it, or you'll have problems. Add the mod to you folder, start the game, turn the mod on, quit the game, restart the game, start a new colony.

Cherna

Looks like I found a bug. Infused items didn't affect on my norbal colonists, tested on version 1.24.

simon-82

Quote from: Cherna on February 21, 2016, 10:41:29 AM
Looks like I found a bug. Infused items didn't affect on my norbal colonists, tested on version 1.24.
The Infusion mod is coded to work only on humans. And as Norbals are technically not treated as humans by the game, infusions don't work on them.

Curgon

I still cant figure out how to make aluminum

simon-82

Quote from: Curgon on February 21, 2016, 01:50:17 PM
I still cant figure out how to make aluminum
To quote wikipedia:
"Bauxite, an aluminium ore, is the world's main source of aluminium. It consists mostly of the minerals gibbsite Al(OH)3, boehmite γ-AlO(OH) and diaspore α-AlO(OH), mixed with the two iron oxides goethite and haematite, the clay mineral kaolinite and small amounts of anatase TiO2. In 1821 the French geologist Pierre Berthier discovered bauxite near the village of Les Baux in Provence, southern France. In 1861, French chemist Henri Sainte-Claire Deville named the mineral "bauxite"." :P

Version 1.26 released

Changelog on the website

Curgon

So anyone able to give me a serious answer? Appreciate it.

Fluffy (l2032)

Milso

Quote from: Curgon on February 21, 2016, 02:02:43 PM
So anyone able to give me a serious answer? Appreciate it.

the modpack developer already did.

Bauxite you smelt Bauxite

Curgon

Then I mustve completely forgot how to unlock the electric smelter, cause I cant seem to find it?

Kitsune

I test some mmo's and shiny-duck-simon releases a bunch of new versions, how dare you! xD *grabs the new version and locks her door that no one can interupt her playing and mutters to herselfe* ... happy playing~~~...

Edit: Dont know if its already known but the description in the sand-crafting is wrong. :D It say's 20 sand for 1 chunk. But its only the description actually you get 30 sand. ^~^

simon-82

Quote from: Kitsune on February 22, 2016, 05:18:30 AM
I test some mmo's and shiny-duck-simon releases a bunch of new versions, how dare you! xD *grabs the new version and locks her door that no one can interupt her playing and mutters to herselfe* ... happy playing~~~...
I am so sorry Kitsune, please don't be angry, ok? :(
Next time I ask you before I do something! I PROMISE! :)

QuoteEdit: Dont know if its already known but the description in the sand-crafting is wrong. :D It say's 20 sand for 1 chunk. But its only the description actually you get 30 sand. ^~^
I changed it in the last version, so you don't have to mine an entire mountain just for sand :D
But I forgot to change the description! Silly me :/ Thanks for reporting it! Will fix :D

Kitsune

*pats simon's head* How can i be angry with you in real, after all you do the work on the mod. ;)

Because the first thing i liked to build in rimworld are extractors to get metal AND stone, so i really like that we now get more sand. ^~^
And kindly me forgive your little failur for the sand discription. xD Will report more if i dig something up... but excuse me,
i have to erase all the norbal-present of the world first. :D