[A12d][ModPack] The ModVarietyPack

Started by simon-82, November 01, 2015, 02:28:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Soeter

Quote from: Canute on March 01, 2016, 02:46:27 PM
Do you use alot of the Quantum storages ? Special with warehouse and the self optimize feature one ?

Hey,

no i dont.the base is still very simple

Fluffy (l2032)

sounds like there is something throwing errors. Post the output_log.txt, you can find it in the RW dir in rimworldxxxxx_data folder.

Soeter

Entry cleared and info attached.
This way it's much better to read. :)
Greetings
Haplo

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

joshwoo69

Oh my god.... some moderator pls help and edit and put in pastebin....

jldkrocks

Will the next version have any new mods?

ResFu

Thanks devs for destroying the fun of playing mods putting in stupid localizations for other languages and my stupid home language... Research screen shows nothing, if i enable Dev Mode console shows me that because of localisation (even that im not playing games in my language - always english) something bad happened... GRR... Stupid home language localisations... always destroying the fun

Shad

I'm confused why optic weapons seem to kill enemies too easily. Single shot optic precision rifle would do a fair amount of damage, but enemies would die without losing any body parts, just burn on a few body parts. Is that intended?

Quote from: Shad on March 02, 2016, 06:17:14 PM
I'm confused why optic weapons seem to kill enemies too easily. Single shot optic precision rifle would do a fair amount of damage, but enemies would die without losing any body parts, just burn on a few body parts. Is that intended?

Problem with optic weapons IS the burn damage, for better or for worse, they will set fire to anything that's flammable. Be it you loved trees, crops, corpses, gear, etc

Ekko

Quote from: ResFu on March 02, 2016, 05:28:36 PM
Thanks devs for destroying the fun of playing mods putting in stupid localizations for other languages and my stupid home language... Research screen shows nothing, if i enable Dev Mode console shows me that because of localisation (even that im not playing games in my language - always english) something bad happened... GRR... Stupid home language localisations... always destroying the fun
My research screen also is empty..was wondering if I had missed something. What to do?
E: Reinstalling fixed it!

Shad

Quote from: 10001110 on March 02, 2016, 07:40:11 PM
Problem with optic weapons IS the burn damage, for better or for worse, they will set fire to anything that's flammable. Be it you loved trees, crops, corpses, gear, etc
1. I very rarely see fires from optic weapons, except the optic support weapon. Microwave gun, now that's another story.
2. Setting enemies on fire is generally good, as burning humanoids are too busy putting their fire out to shoot back, turning tribal/norbal raids into turkey shoots.
3. Interestingly, the optic pistol can destroy the shooting target, when used for joy (unlike any other pistol, including pulse laser).
4. What bugs me is that I though I had worked out how health works, but it seems what's true for guns (enemies downed from shock, killed if losing essential body part/blood loss), is not the same for optic weapons. Enemies drop dead without losing any body parts, just yellow damage on a couple of parts. And the are actually not on fire.

Kitsune

Quote from: ResFu on March 02, 2016, 05:28:36 PM

Calm down. :D You have done anything wrong, even if you play in an other language a few things have to work but of course its better to play it in english that the mod can work with 100%. xD The empty research screen is with a highly chance that you installed the mod wrong. I think its the most commen that you dont use the shortcut with the right command's that the game actually uses the mods. :D As it all can be read in the nice and shiny installation-instructions in the link from the first post of simon. ^~^

ResFu

Still nothing, new Rimworld download, new mod download. New instalation (everything in RimWorld game folder) and... blank research window... "Vanilla" Rimworld started in english (i didnt remove folder in APPDATA) but "modded" Rimworld was starting around 2 minutes (running via shortcut as i did earlier also) and then i saw localised Rimworld... Not ENGLISH but LOCALISED. Started new world and game. First gander (right from start - characters didnt even land) into Research - blank... After building Research Table research is still blank...

What to do?

Fluffy (l2032)

1) restart the game after changing mods, languages, or basically any setting other than volume
2) many of the mods are only localised for English. This shouldn't necessarily cause issues, but it may be a cause of some weirdness. Besides, there's so much untranslated modded content that whatever language you pick - it'll probably still be 50%+ english, might as well go full english.

ResFu

Im always using english language in games. "Vanilla" RimWorld is running without a problem (whichever settings i pick in whatever combinations). Maby i could pass some sort of error log or something?

Fluffy (l2032)

Quote from: Canute on March 03, 2016, 10:54:31 AM
The Appdata folder don't get used when you use the shortcut that got created from the setup.
Does Rimworld works well when you stay at English ? If not you prolly miss something at the installation.

Other question:
Why does the Small plasma generator produce heat. I couldn't find a <Heatpersecond> at the thingdef or is this a basic thing ?

Ok, i couldn't find out how many heat a small/medium heater generate either.

And does the <Heatingpertick> from the fusebox still got used, didn't found any entry at the wiki for that.
I wanted to create a sheet about the heat producing things, since i like to settle in cold biomes.
Generally, heat producing items have the HeatPusher comp, which can actually do both heating and cooling (negative numbers). I've never looked at these buildings/mods' code though, so they could theoretically have something hardcoded in the dll (if there's custom defs/attributes, it certainly sounds that way.)