[A12d][ModPack] The ModVarietyPack

Started by simon-82, November 01, 2015, 02:28:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IAMEPSIL0N

Quote from: Encrtia on March 16, 2016, 05:41:16 PM
Second, Medicine.
I have colonists with missing noses, lungs, tibias, ARMS even! - you name it. But I have no option (after Medicine III & having built the respective organ + housing Medicine) to "Install Lung" or "Install Nose" or "Install Arm". I can go bionic, but I'm needing organic here.

Could you check which race they are?

Encrtia

Quote from: IAMEPSIL0N on March 16, 2016, 06:22:09 PM
Quote from: Encrtia on March 16, 2016, 05:41:16 PM
Second, Medicine.
I have colonists with missing noses, lungs, tibias, ARMS even! - you name it. But I have no option (after Medicine III & having built the respective organ + housing Medicine) to "Install Lung" or "Install Nose" or "Install Arm". I can go bionic, but I'm needing organic here.

Could you check which race they are?

Human.

Edit:

Ok. Something weird happened. I don't know when or why, but the Nose + Lung option suddenly appeared. Nothing notable had changed... so I can't "replicate" this... Eitherway, Tibia is still an issue beyond getting a negative from "harvesting" the person's leg to then replace it. (Or so I predict)

Also, the arm is still missing with no "Install" prompt.

Final Edit FYI:

In order to get around, I had to install a Steel Arm + a Peg Leg, to then be able to Install an Arm that was shot off, & replace a broken Tibia.
~When death is smiling at you, just smile on back.

IAMEPSIL0N

Darn, I am at a bit of a loss if they were humans.

If they had been Norbals I figured it was just recipes not extended to them.

I'll have to keep my eyes open for other cases like that.

WinterFlare

Quote from: Encrtia on March 16, 2016, 06:44:26 PM
Final Edit FYI:
In order to get around, I had to install a Steel Arm + a Peg Leg, to then be able to Install an Arm that was shot off, & replace a broken Tibia.

I know exactly what causes the Arm issue, but not the Tibia Issue (But it might be similar to the Arm issue.) AFAIK hierarchy upper body limbs goes Shoulder > Arm > Hand, All manufactured "Arms" are installed at the Shoulder, but natural arms are not. I have no idea why it behaves this way, but it does.

Ultimate Overhaul had a way to fix individual bones without replacing body parts, but I'm not sure what mod it actually was. They were called "Artificial Bones" and they were made from plasteel (and some other shit) inside of a chemlab. They had 2 uses, 1, to be a pain in the ass item to be used to make the prosthetics and bionic parts, and 2, repair any natural bones instead of having to replace entire limbs.

Found it: FixBone by Latta https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=11171.msg111221#msg111221

Encrtia

Ah, I see. I figured it was something simple like this. I'm aware of the "Artificial Bones" mod, which I've used in the past with great joy - but as it was not in this mod, I haven't installed it in order to avoid mod instability. (I'm only good at mod tweaking in The Elder Scrolls haha)

Have you tried applying that mod within the Mod Variety pack?
~When death is smiling at you, just smile on back.

Nebbeh

Any chance of having robots added to the items menu of EDB Prepare Carefully? Would love the ability to start with a hauler or miner robot at the cost of something else with points like everything else. :)

Delekhan

Starting with a robot probably wouldn't work, since there's no power for a while. The robot would run out of power and self-destruct, even if you rush Power I. Remember you also need Crafting I to be able to build steel bars so that you can build a steam generator or wind turbine.

Nebbeh

Quote from: Delekhan on March 17, 2016, 03:37:48 AM
Starting with a robot probably wouldn't work, since there's no power for a while. The robot would run out of power and self-destruct, even if you rush Power I. Remember you also need Crafting I to be able to build steel bars so that you can build a steam generator or wind turbine.

The MVP_Robots do not require power, so thats of no issue as long as they can reach their base station.

WinterFlare

Quote from: Encrtia on March 17, 2016, 03:02:06 AM
Ah, I see. I figured it was something simple like this. I'm aware of the "Artificial Bones" mod, which I've used in the past with great joy - but as it was not in this mod, I haven't installed it in order to avoid mod instability. (I'm only good at mod tweaking in The Elder Scrolls haha)

Have you tried applying that mod within the Mod Variety pack?

Sorry, when I linked that I linked it as more of a suggestion than anything, I think I read earlier in the thread that A13 may be coming out soon, so modders are saving their efforts for that. Perhaps when that rolls around some new things will be added / updated with the pack.

grugel

I cant seem to place growing zones even though i have researched agriculture I. Am i missing something?

grugel

Think i found it now - cultivated soil?

Shad

Shad

Do fissures run dry? Or are they permanent?

Yck

Hey there! I really love the mod, except for one little thing: facial hair. Is there a way to disable it, but keep everything else?

bmilreu

Hello, did you disable the group/draft hotkey stuff from Miscellaneous? If not, how to use it?

edit:
Since it´s my first post, thx for the great modpack and thx to all mod creators.