[A12d][ModPack] The ModVarietyPack

Started by simon-82, November 01, 2015, 02:28:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zenophobe

Plaed all day yesterday. Try to load game today using modvariety created shortcut and all mods unloaded and no game saves? When i enable mods get an error that they can't work together. Ideas?

nuschler22

Wanted to try this out. 

Is there a way to disable the facial hair?  I'm not interested in seeing a bunch of bearded women, especially when I'm using the EdB prepare carefully to choose who I want to start the colony.  Nor do I want women coming into the colony after I start with beards. 

I saw some talk about facial hair when I searched, but I couldn't find a resolution.  Perhaps because there might not be one. 

Thanks for the help. :)

maniacal1

...I was hoping to find a mod pack with a bit less micro-management than hardcoreSK, but this one just does not want to work.  The first time I installed, the combat realism mod wouldn't work no matter what order I put it in.  Deleted, reinstalled, and this time it worked until I tried to load a save ( save integrity is something I always check first, on any game ) and it just loaded me into some weird white-on-black rainy screen with no control and a big error log full of combat_realism crashes and fails.  So I deleted, and tried AGAIN.  This time it worked fine, loaded into it, saves work...but now I can't set grow zones.
Oh, and I STILL get combat realism errors every now and again when I load in.  I've been using the CR mod in hardcore for weeks, but something in this pack just does not want it to work.

maniacal1

Quote from: Canute on March 22, 2016, 03:17:18 AM
You just need a fresh Rimworld install (don't forget Hardcore SK change Core), execute the setup, start Rimworld with the Link that the setup created and you are set.

Hrm.  Well, I was not aware that it modified the core folder.  I didn't know that any mod did that, so maybe that is my issue.  Appreciate the head's-up, I'm gonna try that right now.

Galleg

Hey guys

I cant start the mod, shall I unzip de files inside the Mods folder or inside the general game?
Because I don't find the new shortcut.

IAMEPSIL0N

Quote from: Galleg on March 22, 2016, 10:39:49 AM
Hey guys

I cant start the mod, shall I unzip de files inside the Mods folder or inside the general game?
Because I don't find the new shortcut.

There are steps if you are like me and just want to manually put everything in it's place and don't care about the ability to quickly start the game with no mods or having saves seperated.

To use the autoinstaller I am pretty sure you want to start with a fresh install of rimworld so that only the unmodified core is left in the mods directory. Then extract the modpack to the main game folder so that the new mods folder is merged into the existing mods folder but the savedata folder is just in the main game folder. There is then a script that will create the new shortcut.

Quote from: maniacal1 on March 21, 2016, 11:03:09 PM
This time it worked fine, loaded into it, saves work...but now I can't set grow zones.
Oh, and I STILL get combat realism errors every now and again when I load in.  I've been using the CR mod in hardcore for weeks, but something in this pack just does not want it to work.
We answered the food thing just a few days ago, you have to till the land before you can set a grow zone, it is in the food category.

Strange, I've been playing for a few hours and haven't noticed any errors, is it bringing up the debug screen? Any other behaviour I should be on the look out for.

Quote from: nuschler22 on March 21, 2016, 05:19:31 PM
Is there a way to disable the facial hair?  I'm not interested in seeing a bunch of bearded women, especially when I'm using the EdB prepare carefully to choose who I want to start the colony.  Nor do I want women coming into the colony after I start with beards. 

I saw some talk about facial hair when I searched, but I couldn't find a resolution.  Perhaps because there might not be one. 

Thanks for the help. :)
Bearded women? I can't say I've seen that happen yet but I'll try to replicate it myself. Has it actually occurred to you with game generated colonists or only in prepare carefully?

Unfortunately there is not a mod that just adds beards and such as it is mixed in with the MVP files, I think I saw instructions on how to remove that content but it was from a few versions back. Edit: the instructions were not intended to do specifically that and I am not keen on saying just delete this file as for all I know that will just cause the game to crash every time it tries to display a mod face.

nuschler22

I happened in the prepare carefully part of it.  I didn't try a new game because I was unable to get any of the female faces not to have a beard.

WinterFlare

"If (for whatever reason) the shortcut/script does not work for you, you can copy the modconfig.xml from the savedata folder to C:\Users\YourUsername\AppData\LocalLow\Ludeon Studios\RimWorld\Config overriding the one that is there. Then just start the game with the original .exe file."

Literally on the Github ReadMe. https://github.com/simon-82/ModVarietyPack/blob/master/README.md

Oshien

I am really enjoying this mod pack but I am having trouble getting more than 7 colonists. Even with a warden with 17 social and highest level of happiness from the prisoners, it is only giving me a 1% chance to recruit and I am doubting at this point that it is even that high lol. Any ideas or is there a soft cap?

WinterFlare

The game itself has a soft cap based on what storyteller you're using, aside from that Norbals are notorious for not wanting to join in most circumstances.

Yck

Quote from: nuschler22 on March 22, 2016, 01:26:52 PM
I happened in the prepare carefully part of it.  I didn't try a new game because I was unable to get any of the female faces not to have a beard.

I also saw bearded women in the Prepare Carefully, and was able to change them into beardless, then started the colony. But one of the first female visitors I got was a bearded woman. :/

hoochy

Well there are bearded women in real life, so, nothing wrong with that ;)

Thanks again for this modpack simon and all the mod creators behind it! Its great fun, much better than vanilla. It is strange how crap vanilla is compared to the mods, not that it is a poor game it was still fun. But you can't go back to vanilla without a lot of these mods. Hopefully the base game is improved in other ways, like fixing bugs (colonists too fast become permanently invisible) and the performance being crap even on a great computer just because of pathfinding or job finding. I wish they would multithread that part because I have 6 cores being unused and the game slideshowing on big maps.  It is possible, even with Unity 5, but depending on how the game is coded might be a big job to rewrite it to use multicores.

Playbahnosh

Is there a way to re-enable turrets from the TurretCollection?
I guess most of them were removed for balance issues, but right now mechanoid weapons (shock lance, minigun) all out-range every turret or weapon I have, even the AM turret and the Minigun turret, utterly useless against mechanoids in particular. They just sit there outside weapons range and plink away at my defenses without opposition. The only turret that can shoot that far is the Cannon, but for some reason (maybe the Combat Realism changes) even with an operator of 19 Shooting skill, it can't hit the broad side of a barn, let alone a mechanoid. Also, the Cannon cannot fire over sandbags or through embrasures, so the operator gets killed almost instantly too.

I want my GAU-5, Chaingun and Howitzer back, game balance be damned.

Shad

I'm quite sure sniper weapons (including AM rifle) should have more range than mechs.

Playbahnosh

Quote from: Shad on March 25, 2016, 09:37:09 AM
I'm quite sure sniper weapons (including AM rifle) should have more range than mechs.
I'm quite sure any colonist I sent out with a sniper against minigun and shock lance wielding space maggot got pureed into a red mush in under a second. And yes, AM turrets SHOULD outrange mechs at least. Failing that, I want big bertha and BRRRRRT! back in my arsenal.