[A12d][ModPack] The ModVarietyPack

Started by simon-82, November 01, 2015, 02:28:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WinterFlare

Just making a list (mostly for myself) of the mods that haven't updated to A13 that are in this pack. (Last Updated 4/26)

Advanced Lamps by Igabod
Cats! by Fluffy (l2032)
ModdedHeads by Fluffy (l2032) (Links back to the github, cannot find on Fluffy's Page)
Clutter? by mrofa (Broken Link on Modlist Page)
DoorMat by Latta
Infusion by Latta
RedistHeat by Latta
NoCleaning by Latta
MechanoidTerraformer by Rikiki
FishIndustry by Rikiki
M&Co. by Rikiki
EdBInterface by EdB
EdBPrepareCarefully by EdB
MoreHair by Shinzy (Do texture versions even matter?)
Norbals by Shinzy
EndTable by TLHeart
EnhancedDevelopment by Jaxxa
FinerThings by DeaconBlues
Jabbamonkey's Graphics Overhaul (Do texture versions even matter?)
MD2 by mipen
NeuffsTextures by neuffs (Do texture versions even matter?)
RoofSupport by Nommy (Don't think this version matters either.)
Sleep (Syringe) by Z0MBIE2
StorageSearch by meonester
SuperiorCrafting by Abrexus (Pretty sure Simon has customised this.)

Moved (but updated) mods.
Community Core
CTS - Complete Tech Solution
FloorLights by Temeez
GlassworksIX by ITOS (Discontinued and transferred to jacob814)
BackstoriesCore by mipen (Modmaker quit, transferred to NoImageAvailable) Thanks to Pheanox for pointing this out.

After looking into how many outdated mods there are, it's no wonder that it is going to take simon quite awhile before he can update the pack.

Pheanox

Quote from: WinterFlare on April 25, 2016, 06:39:03 PM

BackstoriesCore by mipen

This has been updated to Alpha 13, here is the new location. https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=18615.0

Apparently mripen left modding and gave NoImageAvailable custodianship.

calmatt

Quote from: WinterFlare on April 25, 2016, 06:39:03 PM
Just making a list (mostly for myself) of the mods that haven't updated to A13 that are in this pack. (Last Updated 4/26)

Advanced Lamps by Igabod
Cats! by Fluffy (l2032)
DoorMat by Latta
EdBInterface by EdB
EdBPrepareCarefully by EdB
EndTable by TLHeart
EnhancedDevelopment by Jaxxa
FinerThings by DeaconBlues
FishIndustry by Rikiki
Infusion by Latta
Jabbamonkey's Graphics Overhaul (Do texture versions even matter?)
M&Co. by Rikiki
MD2 by mipen
MechanoidTerraformer by Rikiki
ModdedHeads by Fluffy (l2032) (Links back to the github, cannot find on Fluffy's Page)
MoreHair by Shinzy (Do texture versions even matter?)
NeuffsTextures by neuffs (Do texture versions even matter?)
NoCleaning by Latta
Norbals by Shinzy
RedistHeat by Latta
RoofSupport by Nommy (Don't think this version matters either.)
Sleep (Syringe) by Z0MBIE2
StorageSearch by meonester
SuperiorCrafting by Abrexus (Pretty sure Simon has customised this.)

Moved (but updated) mods.
Community Core
CTS - Complete Tech Solution
FloorLights by Temeez
GlassworksIX by ITOS (Discontinued and transferred to jacob814)
BackstoriesCore by mipen (Modmaker quit, transferred to NoImageAvailable) Thanks to Pheanox for pointing this out.

After looking into how many outdated mods there are, it's no wonder that it is going to take simon quite awhile before he can update the pack.

Aren't cats in the game now? Can probably remove the Cats! mod.

Listen1

TheWanderingColonist

Please, ModVariety Pack.. Please come back to us! WE LOVE YOU AND NEED YOU!

teknotel

Quote from: TheWanderingColonist on May 06, 2016, 10:05:14 AM
Please, ModVariety Pack.. Please come back to us! WE LOVE YOU AND NEED YOU!

I concur. You spoilt us with your edited and logical research progressions combing all the mods. I know its so spoilt of me but after playing your modpack nothing else will do lol.

I added virtually all the mods available right now and it just doesn't feel the same :(. I am not a coder or a developer but if there's easy tasks or time consuming jobs I can do to help you I would be happy to.

God speed.

NemesisN

damn waiting for ModVarietyPack since the release of Alpha 13....best pack so far....any info about it ? is this abandoned or there are plans to update it ?
Join the RimWorld fan community group on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1404635226524821/

Headshotkill

Quote from: NemesisN on May 10, 2016, 12:30:50 PM
damn waiting for ModVarietyPack since the release of Alpha 13....best pack so far....any info about it ? is this abandoned or there are plans to update it ?

Quote from: simon-82 on April 06, 2016, 05:45:25 PM
Hi guys :)

Didn't have much time to work on the pack. That's why there was a lack of updates.
I just watched the A13 release video and the changes look awesome :)

Unfortunately that means most of the mods in the pack will either need updating or have to be changed or rebalanced. Some mods can also be removed because they are in the core game now. Like the trader caravans.

So here is how it goes. To update the pack I need to firstly have a chance to play the vanilla game and look at the modlist to see what I want to keep. Then I will look at the parts I did for the modpack and see what I can update / change myself. The research tree obviously needs to be redone and the ressource system needs to be adjusted for the new vanilla "component" ressource. This means tons of recipes need rebalancing for example. Next, I need to update the core mods I want to have. The pack was always built around CombatRealism, which received a major update recently (with another on the way).

At a first glance, this is what I want to do. Much more will surely pop up while do this. But the biggest problem right now is that I don't have the time to do all this because RL is pretty busy.
I just wanted to post this and inform you all what's going to happen and that I really really want to update as soon as possible.
But again, I just don't have the time right now to do it :(
I'll keep you updated how the progress goes though.

As you can read from a post on page 60 from the OP, development is ongoing though as you can imagine, where updating one mod isn't always very simple, updating a whole pack can be a nightmare. ;)

niteruner

I downloaded the current version of this modpack from github and tried it with A13. Works very smooth, with almost no bugs.
The only thing I noticed are the missing sprites or animations for the trander's muffalos and the fact that the .cmd file has to be executed before every start in order to get the modpack to work.

Old Marm

Just want to add my voice to those who appreciate your thoughtfully integrated mod.  I love this game, and have played it unmodded, with a few mods, and with mod packages.  Yours is by far the most enjoyable and well balanced.  I know you haven't had much time, or perhaps even access to the mods you incorporated, and the new release will soon be here.  Again, I just wanted to thank you and express my hope that you will create the ModVarietyPack for the next version.

Delekhan

This has been by far the best modpack ever made for Rimworld. Even better than Nine's Ultimate Overhaul Modpack. It works beautifully and is loads of fun.

I'd really love to see it updated for A14 when that comes out. Any chance of that Simon?

Also is it true that this works bug-free for A13? Can anyone else confirm that with a game from start to finish?

Keldo

You can play with the last version on github. There is some texture bug, some of them are really easy to solve (ex : for the plant just put an uppercase on all the .png files in \Mods\ModVarietyPack\Textures\Plant).
You will also find some weird things (can't craft the advanced turret on any workbench, some tec can't be unlocked because there is no "multianalyser" tec ...).

Chaos_Therum

Yeah the github version is pretty solid I've got a 10 or 20 hour old colony on it and it seems pretty solid.

Edit: So just checking in there are some slight problems with redistheat the exaust port doesn't work but other than that so far so good.

thc133

Is there any way to remove the "Combat Realistic" part from the MOD pack?  I love the other part of this mod pack except that one.  I tried to disable the Combat Realistic mod but got error message.

Chaos_Therum

The entire modpack is based around combat realism. I would suggest trying mod mega pack I think you can disable combat realism in that one.