[Request] Quality Control

Started by zecorezecron, November 01, 2015, 06:03:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zecorezecron

So, as of late I have been rather frustrated with the quality of items that my colonists are making.  So I had a few ideas of how it could work.

One would be to simply bring back the old quality distributions.  I kind of like having lots of excellent and masterwork clothing for my guys.

Second would be to have a modifer for crafting to increase the quality of what is crafted wither through increasing the work takes to craft something (like 2X for every quality level increased) or by using somewhat more resources to do it (say +25% per level increased) or both.

Third would be to have colonists "upgrade" items, but for balance sake have it cost resources and time.  Lots and lots of time. 

Fourth would be to have the relevant attributes (maniplulation, sights, ect) affect the quality of the items.  After all, a guy with bionics should be able to make a better sword than the fleshbag.

Any thoughts?

Fearle55

Hello,
I think that most of this stuff you can actually do already in the game.
Here are my observations about what you said:
- Quality is mainly dependant on crafting/tailoring skill of colonist who makes it. Makes sense.
- If you don't know how to build a rocket, or lack skill for it. It won't matter if you spend 2x or 5x time. You will never build it.
- Manipulation, sight etc. dictates crafting speed. Bionic eyes, hands, brain implants will allow your colonist to craft faster.
- If you are unhappy with quality of item then there is mod that allows you do rip clothes apart for material they were built from.
- You can use that recycled material to craft new, hopefully better quality clothes on your next attempt.
- There is no known to me way of upgrading quality of existing items. This subject was already discussed in some thread if i remember right. And such upgrading was considered easy way to gain lots of money from traders, making game unbalanced and compared to cheating.

Hope that helps,
-Cheers