I have problem with drinking :(

Started by Fearle55, November 01, 2015, 03:10:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fearle55

Hi Guys,

As in the topic, I have problem with drinking :( And I need serious help!

... Related to the mods about brewing and similar stuff.
I noticed that colonists only use about 1/5 of all those brewed goodies. They drink tea, and coffe, and beer. However they completly ignore other kinds of goodies. They don't smoke weed (I mean autonomously), root beer, they don't eat candies or any other sweets, they don't use 80% of all others products related to this kind of items.

My question is, is it supposed to work like that? I noticed almost all items have some effect on health or moods, yet most of this stuff is treated like it is not there. And it is annoying to tell all colonists to eat it manually. Is it some kind of bug? Do those items need to be somehow supported by AI that is inconvinient or hard to do? Did anybody had similar issues? Am I missing something important?

-Cheers

Fluffy (l2032)

http://www.aa.org/ might be able to help...

(I think with alcohol they'll just go for whatever is closest, have you tried providing only one kind of item to see if they eat/drink it when nothing else is available? Meals have a desirability rating, which may interfere with 'special' foods that count as meals and have a low(er) desirability rating.)

cuproPanda

Quote from: Fearle55 on November 01, 2015, 03:10:39 PM
Hi Guys,

As in the topic, I have problem with drinking :( And I need serious help!

... Related to the mods about brewing and similar stuff.
I noticed that colonists only use about 1/5 of all those brewed goodies. They drink tea, and coffe, and beer. However they completly ignore other kinds of goodies. They don't smoke weed (I mean autonomously), root beer, they don't eat candies or any other sweets, they don't use 80% of all others products related to this kind of items.

My question is, is it supposed to work like that? I noticed almost all items have some effect on health or moods, yet most of this stuff is treated like it is not there. And it is annoying to tell all colonists to eat it manually. Is it some kind of bug? Do those items need to be somehow supported by AI that is inconvinient or hard to do? Did anybody had similar issues? Am I missing something important?

-Cheers

Strictly speaking about beer and root beer:

This has to do with the <baseChance> listed in JoyGivers. Basically, since beer has a chance of 4, it has a much higher chance to get consumed than root beer, which has a chance of 2. I'll make a note to look into balancing this for Soda Brewing, since everything has a chance of 2. With beer at 4 and my sodas(can't speak for the other mods) at 2, your colonists should be drinking beer twice as often - not exclusively.

Depending on how much it bothers you, you could easily go into the Mods/Core/Defs/JoyGiverDefs/JoyGivers.xml and find the following:
<!-- Consumption -->

<JoyGiverDef>
<defName>DrinkAlcohol</defName>
<giverClass>JoyGiver_DrinkAlcohol</giverClass>
<baseChance>4</baseChance>
<thingDef>Beer</thingDef>
<joyKind>Chemical</joyKind>
</JoyGiverDef>

Then change <baseChance>4</baseChance> to something around <baseChance>2</baseChance>
cuproPanda's Mods: Survivalist's Additions, Additional Joy Objects, Cupro's Drinks, Quarry, Cupro's Stones, Zen Garden, Cupro's Alloys, Preset Filtered Zones, & more!

dismar

Quote from: Fluffy (l2032) on November 01, 2015, 05:26:29 PM
http://www.aa.org/ might be able to help...

(I think with alcohol they'll just go for whatever is closest, have you tried providing only one kind of item to see if they eat/drink it when nothing else is available? Meals have a desirability rating, which may interfere with 'special' foods that count as meals and have a low(er) desirability rating.)

made me laugh

Fearle55

It's good to see that sometimes people manage to get some laugh when finding catchy title :D

Anyway, at the moment i have only "root beer" available, so if there isn't anything else i guess colonists should use it no matter how desireable it is. I tried colonists with chemical interest and chemical fascination trait but they ignored it too. I didn't try to deny all food with exception to root beer, I will test it. When it comes to normal beer, colonists drink it almost to every meal, so i guess they like it :D They pretty much drink it all the time if I have it. Could "nutrition vaule" be important here? I noticed root beer is only 5% so i would guess, that eating grass would be more desireable, than drinking beer. Could it also be issue with item tags, like if it is edible or something? :D Perhaps moving brewed stuff to more general category would be better. Maybe simply to improve bad moods?

-Cheers

Edit: I denied any possible food for my colonists, and let it run for a while. It appears that they prefer to die from starvation insted of drinking root beer, which was the only thing available on whole map. :(

cuproPanda

Quote from: Fearle55 on November 03, 2015, 04:06:24 AM
It's good to see that sometimes people manage to get some laugh when finding catchy title :D

Anyway, at the moment i have only "root beer" available, so if there isn't anything else i guess colonists should use it no matter how desireable it is. I tried colonists with chemical interest and chemical fascination trait but they ignored it too. I didn't try to deny all food with exception to root beer, I will test it. When it comes to normal beer, colonists drink it almost to every meal, so i guess they like it :D They pretty much drink it all the time if I have it. Could "nutrition vaule" be important here? I noticed root beer is only 5% so i would guess, that eating grass would be more desireable, than drinking beer. Could it also be issue with item tags, like if it is edible or something? :D Perhaps moving brewed stuff to more general category would be better. Maybe simply to improve bad moods?

-Cheers

Edit: I denied any possible food for my colonists, and let it run for a while. It appears that they prefer to die from starvation insted of drinking root beer, which was the only thing available on whole map. :(

It sounds like you're using a version of Soda Brewing that came before v1.21, when I added a JoyGiver to the sodas. Without it, colonists have to be forced to drink them, they won't choose to do so on their own. I didn't realize that was the case in the early versions of the mod. If you are using v1.21 or higher, I have no idea what's going on; my colonists have no problem drinking root beer, and yesterday I watched my colonists take both root beer and beer during their joy period. It's a coincidence I had those two on hand, I wasn't testing it.  The only things colonists will drink(from Soda Brewing) due to starvation are syrup and chocolate soda.
cuproPanda's Mods: Survivalist's Additions, Additional Joy Objects, Cupro's Drinks, Quarry, Cupro's Stones, Zen Garden, Cupro's Alloys, Preset Filtered Zones, & more!

Fearle55

@cuproPanda
I think you may have just hit the nail. I checked mod info file and it is version 1.20. I used somewhat older version to be more compatibile with modpack. I guess i will have to ditch modpack, and pick some mods i like by hand :(. But also you mention that they use them during "Joy" time. Is that a requirement? Or do they can drink soda in other time zones like "Anything" or "Work" ?

-Cheers

cuproPanda

You should be able to just remove SODA 1.20 and add in the newest version, but I don't know what your modpack changes. I know UOM changed a lot, so that won't work.

Since the action is listed as a joy activity, they will only do it when they need joy. If they are joy deprived, they should still drink the sodas. Any time your colonists are currently drinking beer, they'll also have the option to drink sodas. I just like setting a time for my colonists to all gather together before the day shift goes to sleep and the night shift works. Seen below is my current dining room.

This way, most of my colonists will congregate into the dining room, where they can drink and talk socially. The flower shape is something I found that works out pretty well for allowing travel and access to the food racks.

The newer versions of SODA have food racks, which will automatically hold sodas. They can also hold meals, but rottable meals are unchecked by default.

Fearle55

Big thanks for explanation. I will check it out. I used both UOM and SK, problem seemed to occur in both. I guess they both used pre 1.21 version of your mod, so thats why it didn't work. I guess modpacks are no longer reliable since for compatibility reasons they use too outdated mod versions, and it tends to bug game a lot. Thanks for quality support :)

-Cheers