[B18] AA - Advanced Agriculture v1.0 Lay soil and improve it!

Started by wolfsilver00, May 15, 2018, 09:52:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wolfsilver00

Advanced Agriculture

But what is it?:
For now it's a revamp of soils, allowing the player (With the right research) to, first and foremost, lay soil on smooth terrain... And then, work your way up through the tiers (4 for now, 2 more planned, for the "Technological phase" of this mod, right now it's like prehistoric) until fertilized terrain... Not the same as rich soil, which btw, was nerfed.

Tbh it's quite grindy (And I like it that way because it's way too powerful if not), and I'm expecting feedback, to make it easier or harder (Or maybe 2 different versions.. And if (A big if) I learn how, sliders to modify it)...

This project started as a patch for compatibility between 2 of my favorite mods, Soil Enhancement and Tilled Soil.. And then I realized I wanted more.. So I made it.. I will add ways to terraform later too..

Ok ok.. Stop with the blah blah blah.. What does it do?
Adds a way to make soil, tilled soil, rich soil, tilled rich soil and fertilized soil.
With respective research and items needed to be crafted to put the terrain..
Each tier gives more fertility, up to 2.0 at fertilized soil (Which will be lowered to 1.8 when I find a way to make water matter)
Author

Meh.

Also Mehni basically was the real MVP, teaching me C# and giving me examples to learn my way around things, this mod wouldn't be possible without him.

Download

https://drive.google.com/file/d/12DJpVZl26FD5AcOviug0lpSl63lLGRra/view?usp=sharing

How to install:
- Unzip the contents and place them in your RimWorld/Mods folder.
- Activate the mod in the mod menu in the game.

License :

Mod packs? Yeah!
Modders wanting to destroy and rebuild the code? Yeah!
Whoever wants to make a patch? Of course!
Do whatever you want with it, just be sure to credit Mehni.

Jdalt40

macbuk

Well, there are mods which do exactly the same already, so...

Jdalt40

Hey wolfsilver00, there seems to be one slight error regarding your mod.

QuoteException parsing <terrainAffordanceNeeded>SoilDirt</terrainAffordanceNeeded> to type Verse.TerrainAffordance: System.ArgumentException: Exception parsing Verse.TerrainAffordance from "SoilDirt" ---> System.ArgumentException: 'SoilDirt' is not a valid value for Verse.TerrainAffordance. Valid values are:
� Undefined
� Light
� Heavy
� GrowSoil
� Diggable
� SmoothHard
� SmoothableStone
---> System.ArgumentException: The requested value 'SoilDirt' was not found.
  at System.Enum.Parse (System.Type enumType, System.String value, Boolean ignoreCase) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Enum.Parse (System.Type enumType, System.String value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.ParseHelper.FromString (System.String str, System.Type itemType) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
  at Verse.ParseHelper.FromString (System.String str, System.Type itemType) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
  at Verse.DirectXmlToObject.ObjectFromXml[TerrainAffordance] (System.Xml.XmlNode xmlRoot, Boolean doPostLoad) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.DirectXmlToObject:ObjectFromXml(XmlNode, Boolean)
System.Reflection.MonoMethod:InternalInvoke(Object, Object[], Exception&)
System.Reflection.MonoMethod:Invoke(Object, BindingFlags, Binder, Object[], CultureInfo)
System.Reflection.MethodBase:Invoke(Object, Object[])
Verse.DirectXmlToObject:ObjectFromXml(XmlNode, Boolean)
System.Reflection.MonoMethod:InternalInvoke(Object, Object[], Exception&)
System.Reflection.MonoMethod:Invoke(Object, BindingFlags, Binder, Object[], CultureInfo)
System.Reflection.MethodBase:Invoke(Object, Object[])
Verse.<AllDefsFromAsset>c__Iterator2:MoveNext()
Verse.ModContentPack:LoadDefs_Patch1(Object, IEnumerable`1)
Verse.LoadedModManager:LoadAllActiveMods()
Verse.PlayDataLoader:DoPlayLoad()
Verse.PlayDataLoader:LoadAllPlayData(Boolean)
Verse.Root:<Start>m__1()
Verse.LongEventHandler:RunEventFromAnotherThread(Action)
Verse.LongEventHandler:<UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent>m__1()

wolfsilver00

No worries, that's expected :p It works anyway ^^ Rimworld doesn't like when you add terrain affordances and for some reason, even with error, it works, but doesn't let you add anymore..

wolfsilver00

Quote from: macbuk on May 16, 2018, 04:30:38 AM

There are also like 10 mods adding weapons.. What's your point?
Also, you need 2 different mods to get something similar to mine.. Which does it in one and is also tiered, not only one level like the tilled soil mod..

Anyways, thanks for checking it out!

macbuk

Quote from: wolfsilver00 on May 16, 2018, 12:08:02 PM
Quote from: macbuk on May 16, 2018, 04:30:38 AM

There are also like 10 mods adding weapons.. What's your point?
Also, you need 2 different mods to get something similar to mine.. Which does it in one and is also tiered, not only one level like the tilled soil mod..

Anyways, thanks for checking it out!

Pretty sure Fertile Fields does exactly that and has been around for quite some time. Also each weapon mod is somewhat different.

Anyway, hope it evolves into something more some day.

wolfsilver00

Quote from: macbuk on May 16, 2018, 06:10:14 PM

Pretty sure Fertile Fields does exactly that and has been around for quite some time. Also each weapon mod is somewhat different.

Anyway, hope it evolves into something more some day.

Well, don't know that mod...  I made it my way.. But I don't get the negativity, no one is forcing you to install anything, don't like? Just keep going, I just spent some of my time to make this shit, had to learn a bit of C# in the progress, and I'm sharing it for the community, so I would appreciate it if you weren't an ass.

Also, If each weapon mod does something differently, I'm pretty sure mine does too to that mod you mentioned.

Canute

I don't mind also to have another mod for agricultre.
It is good to have another alternative, and maybe it lead to new things.

But i dislike that you want change Soil/Rich Soil.
This may cause trouble with other mod. You shouldn't touch vanilia stuff.
You can add up new soil types with upto the same fertilize like hydroponic's with the proper research and not to forget huge construction cost.

About water, maybe combine it with Dub's hygiene mod, they allready got sprinkler to increase the growing speed.

wolfsilver00

Quote from: Canute on May 17, 2018, 01:40:45 PM
I don't mind also to have another mod for agricultre.
It is good to have another alternative, and maybe it lead to new things.

But i dislike that you want change Soil/Rich Soil.
This may cause trouble with other mod. You shouldn't touch vanilia stuff.
You can add up new soil types with upto the same fertilize like hydroponic's with the proper research and not to forget huge construction cost.

About water, maybe combine it with Dub's hygiene mod, they allready got sprinkler to increase the growing speed.

Soil wasn't changed, only rich soil and it's only fertility, also I used the new patching technique so there CAN'T be any mod interactions :3 Of course, if another mod comes and modifies the same thing, it's about load order, but that would happen only if the same value has to be modified :3 Unless they don't use the patching, then that would cause problems (But not on my end, just the other way round)

I modified it because I always felt rich soil was too much with a 60% increase, so I downed it to 40% and replaced that 1.6f spot with tilled rich dirt, which is basically, work over rich soil.. Just to balance things a little bit.

The soil that is placed, although the same in values and everything, it's actually different terrain things, so i am not modifying source at all, except for the F value on rich soil, already explained :3

Hope you enjoy it (And I will be trying to make sliders to change F values)

macbuk

I suggest not posting on the forums if you can't take critique, not every negative remark is being an ass. As I said, I have nothing against your mod - there are just better alternatives and I would suggest making your mod unique so people like me will have a reason to try it out.

Miyaluzbell

The mod is great and i think that the water is very important to agriculture