[A16] Mind Altering Device (v1.16)

Started by IzzyHRC, November 02, 2015, 06:36:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IzzyHRC

Quote from: harpo99999 on September 01, 2016, 07:01:09 AM
you might want to look at the OP, then look for the word 'download'( in big BLUE letters with a blue open box), then click on it, BUT it is only for a14 at present

... Thankyou ... for pointing that out so I didn't have to <3

Thundercraft

This is a cool mod and all. But, is there any chance we will see a separate version which can only remove certain traits (or 'bad' traits) instead of giving them 2 or 3 new random generated traits in their place?

To balance it, you could give the machine a chance to fail or increase the risk of brain damage. (Or maybe have a risk of replacing it with a bad trait instead of removing the old trait?)

I would attempt to try to alter this myself. However, I assume that doing what I wanted would require delving into C++ programming and recompiling the .DLL. Or am I wrong?

Pink Omega

So I installed this and misc robots ++ and..Was having fun on the dev mode (creative mode?) then I wondered, what happens if I put a robot only capable of hauling in the backstory altering device? BOOM, an ascetic, prosthopobe and space researcher robot with melee and shooting skills. Awesome.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

<=To Be Continued/\/

Smexy_Vampire

Quote from: Yoshikage Kira (Pink Omega) on November 23, 2016, 07:24:19 PM
So I installed this and misc robots ++ and..Was having fun on the dev mode (creative mode?) then I wondered, what happens if I put a robot only capable of hauling in the backstory altering device? BOOM, an ascetic, prosthopobe and space researcher robot with melee and shooting skills. Awesome.
LOL put that bot on drugs and hes a super soldjer . i was having the same bug where it would do the ... on there chiold hood and it was hard to make them usefull agin

MechanoidHater

Tried loading this mod in alpha 16 (with changed about.xml of course) but it makes an error log appear whethever I'm right-clicking on pawns.

TimTumm

Can this mod be made for A16? (or is there a coding reason it can't)

vgex

I love your mod my man, if you feel like updating it, would you consider making it that If you want to have control over the changed traits and or backstory it would require a tier of research, like tier one is the ability to randomly get new traits, tier two traits and backstory are changed randomly now, tier three you can set the traits but not the new backstory, tier four you can set both the backstory and traits. Just a thought, but thanks for doing this regardless.

IzzyHRC

Changelog
Updated to A16

Also ...
For some reason I did not get any mail notification from this forum.
Hence me thinking there was no intrest from this end, and only from steam users...
I should have checked.

I'll look through all comments once I updated everything.

IzzyHRC

Quote from: Thundercraft on November 23, 2016, 04:18:42 PM
This is a cool mod and all. But, is there any chance we will see a separate version which can only remove certain traits (or 'bad' traits) instead of giving them 2 or 3 new random generated traits in their place?

To balance it, you could give the machine a chance to fail or increase the risk of brain damage. (Or maybe have a risk of replacing it with a bad trait instead of removing the old trait?)

I would attempt to try to alter this myself. However, I assume that doing what I wanted would require delving into C++ programming and recompiling the .DLL. Or am I wrong?

Lots of people want to change but one trait... Someone even asked to be able to pick which one.
I still think that screws over the random nature of this mod, as... well... Rimworld likes screwing with you.
My mod likes that as well. I did have something else in mind (other kind of mod) but simply found no intrest in it anymore.
And yes, you'll have to delve into some programming :)
(Highly recommend you try it if you are interested, be warned though, coding can be addicting!)

Quote from: Guido (Pink Omega) on November 23, 2016, 07:24:19 PM

I ... ok that's just funny.
My mod only checks whether or not its a colonist...
So yes, I can see that working... sounds OP... But that side-effect is simply to funny to fix!

Quote from: vgex on January 11, 2017, 10:07:29 PM
I love your mod my man, if you feel like updating it, would you consider making it that If you want to have control over the changed traits and or backstory it would require a tier of research, like tier one is the ability to randomly get new traits, tier two traits and backstory are changed randomly now, tier three you can set the traits but not the new backstory, tier four you can set both the backstory and traits. Just a thought, but thanks for doing this regardless.

Well.. To you and everyone else... It's updated now!
As for your suggestion, I'm afraid its the same answer as I gave to Thundercraft.
The tier system is a nice touch though!
Sounds good for a different mod.
(going to keep it in mind)

I just like the random nature of this one, being able to help you or screw you over. Just like Rimworld itself! :p

asquirrel

That was an freaking awesome video man!! :)

picatso

can't believe I didn't see this until now, now I know what I will be doing with my most guilty prisoners...
awesome video too

Stage

Quote from: Guido (Pink Omega) on November 23, 2016, 07:24:19 PM
So I installed this and misc robots ++....

Well...my medic annoyed me with having some crappy traits and backstory, so I thought he might be volunteer for my MAD project. And I too use Robots ++

Result: hillarious...and regarding backstory somehow fitting...

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

raras

i want to turn all my 50 prisoners into cannibals so they stop complaining about the human meat nutrient paste and got into a fight with my wardens every 10 minutes.
i need to know how to configure your mod to just a single trait change. :D

Sebastian Cigar

Could this possibly be made compatible with Several Puffins' 'Romance Diversified'?
Also, could you add a flick switch for your machine please?..