[A16] Izzyssentials (v1.16)

Started by IzzyHRC, November 02, 2015, 09:41:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallC

Love the tileable solar panels. Finally I can actually use all the empty space around my wind turbines for something useful!

One thing I noticed though is that the component breakdown event tends to fire pretty often on those (maybe due to the number of buildings) so with 4 wind turbines with their "clear" space filled with solar tiles, I'm having a handful a day needing components for repair. Not sure if there's anything you can do about it from your mod but just wanted to note it.

IzzyHRC

~Fixed an issue with CCL overriding CompGlower.~
Causing the standing lamp and wall lights to not give of light or change colour.
CCL and Izzyssentials should play nice now :)
~All lights, hydroponics, solar grids and switches were buildable in tribal scenario without research~
~Solar grid and hydroponics broke down at a ridiculous rate~

IzzyHRC

Quote from: BallC on July 22, 2016, 11:01:14 PM
Love the tileable solar panels. Finally I can actually use all the empty space around my wind turbines for something useful!

One thing I noticed though is that the component breakdown event tends to fire pretty often on those (maybe due to the number of buildings) so with 4 wind turbines with their "clear" space filled with solar tiles, I'm having a handful a day needing components for repair. Not sure if there's anything you can do about it from your mod but just wanted to note it.

Hey, glad you like it! And I swear I got that breakdown thing fixed in the past. How odd.
But you're right, it's back in there. Quickly squeezed the solution in the last update, so be sure to download it!

pdexpdex

I'm having a small issue using your mod:  I have Crash Landing and EdB Prepare Carefully installed, and when I use your mod along side them, during the new colony creation process, when I would click on the button to "Prepare Carefully," the button visually depresses, but then nothing happens.  I disabled several mods to test which was causing the issue, and only when I disabled Izzyssentials Core and the other Izzy mods was I able to use Prepare Carefully again.

Let me know if any additional info from me could help pinpoint the issue.  If it turns out to be EdB's mod's issue, let me know and I'll report there as well.  Thanks!

IzzyHRC

Quote from: pdexpdex on July 23, 2016, 11:54:58 PM
I'm having a small issue using your mod:  I have Crash Landing and EdB Prepare Carefully installed, and when I use your mod along side them, during the new colony creation process, when I would click on the button to "Prepare Carefully," the button visually depresses, but then nothing happens.  I disabled several mods to test which was causing the issue, and only when I disabled Izzyssentials Core and the other Izzy mods was I able to use Prepare Carefully again.

Let me know if any additional info from me could help pinpoint the issue.  If it turns out to be EdB's mod's issue, let me know and I'll report there as well.  Thanks!

I'm sorry to hear that, but it seems you're not alone.
Earlier nuschler22 reported the same issue, the only thing is that I can't recreate the problem due to lack of information.
So far I installed all the latest versions of (in that order):

CCL
CCL Vanilla tweaks
EdBPrepareCarefully
ESM-DoNotDisturb
ESM-MineVein
ESM-Smoothwall
Fluffy-Tabs
Hospitality
And my own mods.

I created a brand new world and when I got to the colonists I could press that button just fine.
I went so far as to customize every colonist using PrepareCarefully and starting the game up.

TL;DR
Yes, you could provide me with some helpful data.
If you could attach output_log.txt (found in Rimworld\RimWorldWin_Data) to your post I can go on a hunt again, and perhaps compare it to nuschler22's one.
Ah, and a modlist listed in loading order would also be nice!
(that way I could download everything myself and give it a go)

Thanks for letting me know!

pdexpdex

QuoteIf you could attach output_log.txt (found in Rimworld\RimWorldWin_Data) to your post I can go on a hunt again, and perhaps compare it to nuschler22's one.
Ah, and a modlist listed in loading order would also be nice!
(that way I could download everything myself and give it a go)

ModList:
CCL
CCL - Vanila Tweaks
Crash Landing
EdB - Prepare Carefully
Numbers
Colony Manager
Hospitality
ED - Embrasures
Medical Tab
Misc - Core
Misc - Robots
Blueprints
Misc - MAI
ED - Laser Drill
Animals Tab
Misc - Incidents
Project Fallout v1.2b
Auto Seller
Cheaper Components
ED - Moat
Infused
Misc - Map Generator
Misc Patch - Prepare Carefully
Izzyssentials - Core (followed by Furniture, Hydro, Lights, Solar, & Switch)

Let me know if there is anything else that would be helpful.  Thanks!

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

IzzyHRC

Quote from: pdexpdex on July 25, 2016, 12:36:58 PM
ModList:
CCL
CCL - Vanila Tweaks
Crash Landing
EdB - Prepare Carefully
Numbers
Colony Manager
Hospitality
ED - Embrasures
Medical Tab
Misc - Core
Misc - Robots
Blueprints
Misc - MAI
ED - Laser Drill
Animals Tab
Misc - Incidents
Project Fallout v1.2b
Auto Seller
Cheaper Components
ED - Moat
Infused
Misc - Map Generator
Misc Patch - Prepare Carefully
Izzyssentials - Core (followed by Furniture, Hydro, Lights, Solar, & Switch)

Let me know if there is anything else that would be helpful.  Thanks!

Thx for the info! I can recreate the problem and pinpointed the problem that my mod causes. Well ... kinda.
Individually all the mods work fine with Izzyssentials, but the moment I load up your load order, Hospitality reacts to izzyssentials and blocks edb from working correctly. Why that suddenly happens is beyond me.

However...

Try going to izzyssentials furniture/Defs/ThingDefs/ and delete Hidden.xml
This seems to fix the problem for now, at least on my end.
Try it out, let me know if it works for on your end.

Otherwise I can't really say how long it'll take for me to find the root cause.

pdexpdex

QuoteTry going to izzyssentials furniture/Defs/ThingDefs/ and delete Hidden.xml
This seems to fix the problem for now, at least on my end.
Try it out, let me know if it works for on your end.

Sorry for the slow response.  Still don't have time to load up and play to test, but I did get the mods activated and go through the new colony process and was able to get into the prepare carefully dialog using the workaround you suggested.  Thank you for working on it and figuring out a solution! I'll look forward to trying your stuff out (as soon as RL lets me play for a while...)!

coemgen98

Hello! I have been using your mod and I found your stuff to be really useful especially the wall switches. I'm sorry if this has been asked before but is the wall switch compatible with Haplo's Power switch? What I mean is will/have you integrate/ed the same "sensors" he has for detecting pawn presence? I don't know anything about coding and modding for this game so I would like to ask if this will/has be/en done. After all, it would really save time if switches activate automatically indoors instead of manually flicking them around. Other than that, thanks for your mods!

123mind123

I came across what I think is a bug with this mod. When you start the game you only get accesses to the small solar panels and not the large ones and since the large panels produce almost twice as much  power as the small ones taking up the same space, it is nice to have the option. Other than that the mini panels are really cool. Thanks.

IzzyHRC

Quote from: pdexpdex on July 31, 2016, 12:13:58 AM
Sorry for the slow response.  Still don't have time to load up and play to test, but I did get the mods activated and go through the new colony process and was able to get into the prepare carefully dialog using the workaround you suggested.  Thank you for working on it and figuring out a solution! I'll look forward to trying your stuff out (as soon as RL lets me play for a while...)!

I'm sorry for my own slow response as well. RL is a bitch right? ...
I'm glad you got it to work though!

Quote from: coemgen98 on July 31, 2016, 09:27:21 AM
Hello! I have been using your mod and I found your stuff to be really useful especially the wall switches. I'm sorry if this has been asked before but is the wall switch compatible with Haplo's Power switch? What I mean is will/have you integrate/ed the same "sensors" he has for detecting pawn presence? I don't know anything about coding and modding for this game so I would like to ask if this will/has be/en done. After all, it would really save time if switches activate automatically indoors instead of manually flicking them around. Other than that, thanks for your mods!

I've got no clue what Haplo's power switch does and, as such, have not tried it with my mod. When I get some more free time (like maybe this weekend) I'll see what his mod does and see what I can do, compatibility wise. And if maybe/perhaps/whoknowsamIright I'll try to replicate what he does with his switch... But I'll probably have to ask his permission to do so...

Quote from: 123mind123 on August 03, 2016, 12:29:05 AM
I came across what I think is a bug with this mod. When you start the game you only get accesses to the small solar panels and not the large ones and since the large panels produce almost twice as much  power as the small ones taking up the same space, it is nice to have the option. Other than that the mini panels are really cool. Thanks.

As stated in the description, those are hidden by default and you just have to follow the steps to reactivate them.

As for "the large panels produce almost twice as much  power"
If you take a look at the code, the power that regular solar panel produces is displayed as a float with the value of 1700.
The regular solar panel also takes up 16 squares. so thats roughly 106.25f power for each square.

My own solar grid takes up 1 square and generates 100f power. So that's only 6.25f worth of difference each square...
if you multiply that by 16 squares (like the regular one) it gives a total of 1600f which is 100f lower then the regular panel.
This 100f power loss is the price you pay for not using components for the solar grids and the fact they do not breakdown (which is abit OP ... that might change...)

So either you miscalculated or (more likely) you'll probably be using another mod which changes the regular solar panel.
And now I've typed 'solar' so much that the word sounds strange...
solar
soooolaaar.

Anyway In case you can't find it in the description I'll quote it for you down here.
QuoteExtra:
- By default the vanilla solar panels, stools, tables and lamps are hidden by this mod.
(By hidden I mean that they're not gone! You simply won't be able to build new ones.)
- Follow the following steps to turn this off.
- Go into the follow directory RimWorld/Mods/Izzysentials *insert addon name* /Defs/ThingDefs
- Delete the Hidden.xml file
- The default items should now be available alongside the mods items.

IzzyHRC

1.15 Because I can't count.
~Updated to A15~
~Added in a new block 'Sensor'~
Can switch on automatically when a pawn is within radius.
when the research is complete the wallswitch will have this function as well.
(suggested by: coemgen98)
~Added some custom textures to the buttons to switch colour on lights~

PotatoeTater

Quote from: IzzyHRC on September 11, 2016, 09:16:25 AM
1.15 Because I can't count.
~Updated to A15~
~Added in a new block 'Sensor'~
Can switch on automatically when a pawn is within radius.
when the research is complete the wallswitch will have this function as well.
(suggested by: coemgen98)
~Added some custom textures to the buttons to switch colour on lights~

Thanks for the update. You're hydro tables are always a welcome addition to my base.

Hope you are staying healthy and well.

Keep up the good work!
Life is Strange

blud

want to try this but i don't see a steam link and when i try searching through there it gives me the A14 versions

Nommy

Thanks for the update, this mod looks cool. There's two things which don't make sense to me about the functional walls though:
Why do the wall switches have less HP than normal walls?
Why do wall switches and wall lights cost more stuff (stone/wood etc) to build than regular walls?

I'd have expected to pay the cost of a wall+switch or wall+light for a wall with a light/switch on it, have it be equally as strong and take longer to construct to balance having combined functionality.

Hope you're feeling better too BTW, good luck!