Come help us test the game!

Started by Semmy, January 20, 2014, 02:02:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Semmy

At this moment we have enough testers. Thank you all for replying.
If you want to be a tester in the future put this topic on "notify" and as soon as it opens up you can respond to it.
We will most likely expand the test team every major update.

At the moment we are looking to expand the closed testing team.
This team tests builds before they are released to the public.

If you have the time and are willing to spend some hours per week on testing new builds (at peak bugcrushing moments 1 build per day is released) than send me a pm/email.

Please tell us your experience with bugtrackers, your experience with testing, the amount of time you can spend on testing the game and which system/os you can test on.

It is important for testers to be able to write clear bug reports with reproduction steps.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Edmund Burke

OriginalCanadian

Experience with bugtrackers: I have submitted a few bugs for Ubuntu 13.10 on there tracker
Experience testing: I have tested a few games including World of Warplanes when it was a closed beta, Silent Hunter Online, Planetside 2, Starmade, and Kerbal Space Program
Amount of time available: Around 1-2 hours a day however I am going on vacation this Wednesday and wont be back until the 7th or 8th of febuary
OS: I would be testing on the Ubuntu 13.10 OS and would be able to cross check it with the windows version of the game (I run a duel boot system)

invited

Mullie0

Experience: Not that much in beta testing but I have some basic programing experience. Most experience with tracking bugs is with my IT department.

Amount of time: Depending on my job up to a couple of hours a week.
OS: Mac OS X (10.9) on a macbook pro (early 2011), Windows 8.1 on a macbook pro and on a PC

I dont have a lot of time but if I can I would love to help

Many thanks to everybody who is making this possible

invited

palandus

Age as in physical age or mental/cognitive age?

Jordan Bear

I'd love to help if I'm suitable for it- can't wait to see this game released!

Experience: I've modded games as a constant hobby for a good 3-4 years, working with some fairly complex scripting, which means I have a good idea of what information people might need to single out the cause of a bug; most importantly, that the most irrelevant details make the most likely culprits! ;P The process of repeating my steps to work out the cause of a bug is certainly not new to me, and I can provide detailed but clear reports as to what I saw, with screenshots if needed. I am used to testing and providing feedback for other modders and have taken part in a few AAA game betas, most recently Elder Scrolls Online and Planetside 2.
Time available: In general a few hours a week would be no problem at all. During exam periods/coursework deadlines, I will have to focus more on my course- this will only be for a week at a time usually at most, and I can provide notice well in advance or even a timetable, if needed.
OS: I can test on a 2012 Macbook Pro running OSX Mountain Lion (currently 10.8.4, can update). I also have access to a Windows 7 computer, though I'm sure you have plenty of Windows bug testers :P

Edit: Forgot to mention that I own a copy of and have played the game quite a lot :P

invited

Darthaidan

EXP: I have been in many betas but none like this sort of game most of my betas have been for MMO's.

OS: I am currently on a Mac OS X version 10.8.5 I also have a windows 7 laptop and would enjoy the other betas as well (I payed $40 for the pre-Alpha and am willing to help).

Time: I am still in school but I can ignore most classes and my evenings are free and would love to be filled with beta testing.

invited

jsteele726

Experience: I'm new to tracking bugs, but I do have some experience testing alpha and beta games and would like to expand on that experience by helping here.

Time: Time is what I definitely have to offer here. I am between jobs at the moment, and attending online classes, so I have access to ample amounts of time to help here.

Invited

TheLovablegeek

I'm a programmer by trade so I know what you're after for bug reports, reproduction steps etc...
I'm running Ubuntu 12.04 as my main OS but don't mind firing up VMs for any other Linux distros that need testing.

I try to get an hour or two a day on the game, I don't always manage it but I'd try even harder knowing that I was getting a sneaky peek at the latest builds!

invited

Tynan

Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Zier

Experience:  I've Alpha and/or Beta tested every WoW expansion, SW:TOR, Star Trek Online, FFXIV A Realm Reborn, as well as numerous other games.  Just about every game I've tested used an internal Bug Report feature.

Availability:  I'm available a large portion of the week as I work from home for 2-4 hours a day, 3 or 4 days a week analyzing data.

Writing Capactiy:  I am able to write information in a clear and coherent fashion that gets the point across.  I generally keep a tracking log of what I'm doing when I play games that don't have any sort of crash or error log tracking on their own.

Invited

KeLLer KinD

Since everybody does it that way..

Experience: Am I even allowed to tell you what games I already beta tested?  :o
Briefly speaking: I tested some games (closed/open beta mainly mmo's) so bug reporting shouldn't be a problem.

I could also help doing the german translation at a later point, if needed.
(In fact I'd really appreciate it, since many german translations are really awkward.  ;D)

Amount of time:
That's where the problems start, since I'm in my exams (studying software development) right now, there will not be that much time for gaming until febuary 15. (last exam for the first term, yay..)

Approximately an hour per day would be okay I think.

I could also ask my (not so) little brother to play the game, if you wish to. (he really likes it and is asking me almost every second day if there was a new update for RimWorld x) )

Computer Specs:
AMD Phenom II 1090t (6 core)
AMD HD6970 2GB
8GB DRR3 ram

Additions:
1. I bought the game, think it's really awesome and I'd like to help. :)
2. I'm really interested in game development so it would be really nice to see how the game improves over the time.

invited

BrokenPancake

Experience: I am an app and software developer so am constantly building/testing something, (mostly testing, unfortunately!), and although I have not really done much testing for games, I have a good idea of what to look for and what you're after regarding reproduction steps, as I send those to team members looking to fix bugs I have found.

Amount of time: I will probably be able to spend around an hour a day as a baseline, but it will almost certainly be more than that, especially on weekends and such.

invited

Semmy

Thank you all for the quick response.

For the moment we have enough people to test out the new build.

If you put this topic on notify you will get alerted as soon as we need more testers.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Edmund Burke