will he live?

Started by jzero, November 06, 2015, 09:33:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jzero

I have a pawn named noobits who got an infection in his torso and the infection is major and he only has 43% immunity. Is there any chance he will live? (all I have is regular medicine)
He is my chief doctor and grower and I really don't want him to die
Actual cannibal shia labeouf.

FyrnSkulblaka

Yeah, he's probably gonna die. Only thing you can do is keep him in bed (Constantly) and make sure he gets treatment asap every time. You could also try praying to the Rimworld gods....

zandadoum

if you have a hospital bed with a monitor next to it, medicine, another doctor with healing skills... maybe he survives. just maybe
43% at "major" is bad news... so he is probably gonna die

thing is, how did he get an infection? was it in battle? you shouldn't send your main doctor/grower into battle to be honest...

mokonasakura

If hes not at least 80% by extreme he's going to die.

Innese

You could always try tossing him in a cryo casket... Technically he'd still live, but otherwise he is probably going to die.

jzero

all I have is a regular bed and the only other person besides him who can docter has a skill of five so I guess I can say goodbye to him :'(
Actual cannibal shia labeouf.

cultist

He might make it. I've seen tribal prisoners treated on the ground survive some pretty crazy infections. I think the pawn's age is a factor, as well as the skill of the doctor treating him. I believe the medicine simply boosts the doctor's ability, so regular medcine should be okay if the doctor has a high skill. Oh, and you'll also need the RnG gods on your side, but that should be obvious with this game.

DoctorNick

I would be nice if there was some sort of overall indication of general health, rather than just waiting and wishing for good luck.

It gets kind of old to have a colonist at 92 percent immunity suddenly up and die of the flu without any other sort of warning besides "Hey, they're sick."
Hi everybody!

Limdood

well....infections generally ARE a game of waiting and wishing for good luck....up until the fever breaks (developed immunity), infections and fevers generally just get worse and worse and worse until death or miraculous recovery