Won't play Rimworld again until the UI changes..

Started by Vendor-Lazarus, November 07, 2015, 05:56:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vendor-Lazarus

I registered an account just because of the changes done to the UI.
If the old UI caused or contained bugs then I applaud the developers for doing something about it but the current UI is so bad that I have been unable to play.

First of all, it's situated far too low to take in all info and feels very skewed when viewed.
It also no longer allows the opening of two windows which makes checking out pawns stats and marking job priorities a chore. I haven't gotten further but can anticipate that the latter issue would crop up A LOT when playing an entire game out.
I liked that the game used to paus when opening a different menu window but since you can pause manually beforehand (if you remember to) that isn't such a big deal.

It could probably be remedied by a mod but it would feel weird to have to use a mod for such a core thing.
I also realize that it's still in alpha and it's not yet finalized but until the UI changes I'll stay away.

You've managed to create a real enticing game and I bow before your dedication to see it done right.

null

Quote from: Vendor-Lazarus on November 07, 2015, 05:56:18 PM
It also no longer allows the opening of two windows which makes checking out pawns stats and marking job priorities a chore.
This, so much.

mokonasakura

I like the new interface, if you want to set up pawn jobs you can just scroll over the box you are looking at and it tells you what their level is. Yes there wasn't really anything wrong with the old one but no the new one isn't bad.

RickyMartini

Quote from: Vendor-Lazarus on November 07, 2015, 05:56:18 PM
It also no longer allows the opening of two windows which makes checking out pawns stats and marking job priorities a chore.

Okay, I can get behind this reasoning, didn't even think of that.

TLHeart

Even without the two windows open, which I used in the old interface, with the new interface that information is still there in the floats, and I can move quicker between colonists with the float information than I ever could with two tabs open.