Visitor room/area

Started by Kitsune, November 08, 2015, 07:01:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitsune

hello everyone. I wanted to ask if someone can help me, i have the little problem that my visitors loves to hm... hang around with my pigs. :/

I build me pigs a little house where they get food and all that. The problem is all visitors looks like love that room and go there but with a little time they get stressed and go insane and kill everything they can. So my question, is it somehow possible to say the visitors that they dont go in there? I also build an house near my entrance in the hope they go in there, there are even beds but they ignore it and say hello to my pigs instead. :-\

In forward thank you for help. :D

mokonasakura

Used to be able to do this, just forbid your main door but have a side passage they would then be forced to come into. Then I would burn them to death mwhahahahaha! It was removed  >:(

Kitsune

Yes im a bit sad that the ignore forbidden doors. xD Have forbidden the door a few times to the pigs but it looks like they love my pigs. >_<

Thorin

Somewhere in the middle of nowhere, I've got a thermal generator. The Majority of the visitors love to hang out there (is in the home zone in case of fire).

At least they are not sleeping with my critters ;)
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"

milon

Not really sure what triggers this.  In my latest colony, they love to hang out in the prison, or sometimes a bed room. (They also keep stealing my beer, but that might be related to the hospitality mod.) I've got high quality furniture in those rooms, plus a table in the prison. I'm guessing it's marked as a social gathering spot or else it's just really impressive. Would that explain it for anyone else?

Limdood

no it doesn't explain it.

i often have both a barn and a dining room that i build big and impressive.  They choose the barn with 6 dogs and 7 alpacas and the "very crowded" debuff over the beautiful dining room.

I dont mind...i often have enough animals that they take care of the (frequent) visitor berserks.  I rarely have any killed animals, and my doctors get great experience from healing the animals.

However, i can definitely see it being a problem.  animal areas are often extremely crowded and extremely dirty.  it causes a lot of visitor breaks and it DOES cause animal injuries.  That can lead to dead to dead animals, injured colonists, grenades being tossed, and a serious break in realism for people who want to keep their animals and/or guests safe.

Kitsune

Count for a year: 10 dead visitors, 1 dead pig. I'm sad... really sad. :'( I wanted to sell THAT pig. ;D

Ok at least i'm not alone with that problem. I hope our beloved dev or an moder will fix this "problem". ^-^

ForestHart

This happens to me, too. The visitors all go to my barn. I put in a guest room right next to it, but they still went to the barn. Then I moved the barn deeper into my base. The visitors went straight in to go hang out with 9 chickens and four cows. I'm a little injured that they prefer a smelly cow byre to a beautiful, marble floored rec room with a plasteel dining table...  :(  Some kind of fix to this would be appreciated. They freak out and kill my chicks.

cobalt262

Same problem here, visitors always head straight to my animal yard which is packed to the rafters with Chickens, Pigs and Cows - every visit ends up with at least 1 or 2 dead animals before my guys can beat some hospitality into them - but at least I've gotten good faction relations by 'rescuing' those poor injured visitors or some decent weapons and gear by stripping their corpses.

I would like to see a zone command that limits where visitors can go in your base, the same way as is used for your own colonists to determine allowed areas.

TLHeart

Since your barn is the LARGEST room in the base, that is where they will go. Divide the barn into smaller rooms, or build a large dinning room for them to hang out in. Visitors target the largest room, not the most impressive room.

harpo99999

I also have the issue of the visitors going into and hanging out with  my prisoners and animals in my eighth largest room (the top two are growing rooms for foods, the next is my main indoors wearhouse stockpile room, then is the foods freezer, my main work hall, the hospital, the mega impressive dining hall games room, then the prison/male animal barn with nasty(6 med beds 3 monitors one large table(set to NOT meeting spot) and 8 stools(all wood) furniture and lots of sleeping spots for both the prisoners and animals, then my prisonner foods freezer and three special items stores (weapons, very good clothes and other things I do not want to sell), then the many bedrooms

milon

Quote from: TLHeart on December 16, 2015, 11:00:54 AM
... Visitors target the largest room, not the most impressive room.

Wat.  That...  really doesn't make sense.

The game already kinda knows what type of room each one is, as displayed in the room stats viewer. I think each guest should target a room based on room type, with a lesser emphasis on impressiveness, and a dash of randomness thrown in.  That would be far more intuitive and consistent with the other existing RimWorld systems.

cultist

I just can't figure out the visitor AI. I've seen them refuse to even enter the base proper (happens a lot with mountain bases), hang out in the dining room like you'd expect them to, idle near a wall, wander in circles nowhere near the base... I honestly have no idea what they are programmed to do, or what causes their weird behavior.

jzero

I thought it worked out that the visitors go to the nearest room to where they enter the map, or it might be based on the room type?. I'm not really sure, lots of my visitors either go to my battery room and freeze/go insane, or they go swarm my dining room table. So i really dont understand the visitor AI. They could also go for the room with the most room as someone else said, but it doesnt make much sense to me.
Actual cannibal shia labeouf.

Austupaio

I have this issue as well, but the visitors always crowd my hospital rather than barn or dining room. This is usually fine, but if there's a patient then it's really annoying as the "Very Crowded" debuff will very quickly drive my sick/injured to their breaking point. Not to mention the visitors breaking and having a shootout in my hospital is often quite detrimental...