Cannot pickup corpse (Animal and Person)

Started by antiskidwarpdrive, November 10, 2015, 09:01:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

antiskidwarpdrive

1. What the circumstances were: There was a pack of manhunter muffalo that had all died when clashed with a pack of visitors.
2. What happened: Needed to pickup human corpses to bury and animal corpses to butcher, however all corpses are shown as being forbidden when they are not (see attached images)
3. What you expected to happen: Settlers should be able to pickup the corpses.

Note: This is on Cassandra Classic on Extreme Difficulty and no mods are being used.

[attachment deleted due to age]

TLHeart

They are outside whatever zone you have your  colonists restricted too, that is why it says they are forbidden. And since your cropped the image, that is all the information I can give you.

antiskidwarpdrive

They are not restricted by anything. For that matter they can walk over the pile of bodies and still get the same message. The images were cropped only to save upload space. Let me know if there is a specific thing you might want to test and I can post an image of that.

[attachment deleted due to age]

TLHeart

See that bright blue, that says HOME, that means anything that is not inside the home zone is forbidden.  Now if it said unrestricted, they would have NO problems hauling the animals and everything else in that restricted area.

Or you could expand the home zone to cover the area for all the dead.

Like I said, it is due to your zone restrictions.

milon

That's really weird.  Are you running any mods?  I can't see anything obviously wrong.

@TLHeart, you can always haul from outside your Home zone as long as the item isn't forbidden. Otherwise how would you collect items on the other side of the map?

TLHeart

Quote from: milon on November 11, 2015, 02:12:20 PM
That's really weird.  Are you running any mods?  I can't see anything obviously wrong.

@TLHeart, you can always haul from outside your Home zone as long as the item isn't forbidden. Otherwise how would you collect items on the other side of the map?

Not when the RESTRICTION is set to home zone, which his is....

to haul anything it has to be set to UNRESTRICTED.

in the last screen shot, his restrictions are set to home zone, not unrestricted.

milon

Quote from: TLHeart on November 11, 2015, 03:14:16 PM
Quote from: milon on November 11, 2015, 02:12:20 PM

Not when the RESTRICTION is set to home zone, which his is....

to haul anything it has to be set to UNRESTRICTED.

in the last screen shot, his restrictions are set to home zone, not unrestricted.

Okay, maybe I was mistaken.  I don't see anything about restrictions in the screenshot.  But then I usually leave mine all unrestricted anyway, so I wouldn't know what to look for.  ;)

antiskidwarpdrive

Yes, that turns out to be true and something I had no clue about "A settler can haul only from his/her restricted zone, even if the settler might physically be on that very spot that has something to haul. (Maybe the settler got there after a fight while being drafted)."

That doesn't sound very real worldly though since if a settler can
a. can haul (== true)
b. reach to a point that has something to haul (==true)
then
a && b should be true it should be able to haul from that point.

I agree with Milon as well. I think it might be helpful to have a separate message (on right click) than explains this issue rather than the same one when the object is forbidden might clear things up.

After changing the zone to unrestricted the settler were able to haul from that pile. Thanks for that keen eye  :D

TLHeart

Not really a keen eye, this comes up every week, that people do not understand that the zones are NOT a restriction on movement, but on what work can be performed.

RickyMartini

Quote from: TLHeart on November 11, 2015, 08:55:11 PM
Not really a keen eye, this comes up every week, that people do not understand that the zones are NOT a restriction on movement, but on what work can be performed.

Do you mean areas? As long as you have one consistent area, I thought they now would respect even the path colonists take, meaning they kinda do restrict movement (and work).

TLHeart

Quote from: Skissor on November 12, 2015, 03:31:57 AM
Quote from: TLHeart on November 11, 2015, 08:55:11 PM

Do you mean areas? As long as you have one consistent area, I thought they now would respect even the path colonists take, meaning they kinda do restrict movement (and work).

Restricted area/zone all has to do with forbidding of items, not movement. I NEVER have a consistent area, as I don't build cave homes.

RickyMartini

Yeah but I mean if they are consistent, colonists actually do only move inside the area (additionally to only using items inside of it.)

TLHeart

Quote from: Skissor on November 12, 2015, 07:10:02 AM
Yeah but I mean if they are consistent, colonists actually do only move inside the area (additionally to only using items inside of it.)

I can agree with that, just don't want people who have disconnected areas, to think it restricts movement between those areas.

And even with consistent areas, they can and do stand one cell outside the zone to build/repair an item inside the zone.

ison

Not a bug. Locking.

Quote from: antiskidwarpdrive on November 11, 2015, 05:53:39 PM
I agree with Milon as well. I think it might be helpful to have a separate message (on right click) than explains this issue rather than the same one when the object is forbidden might clear things up.
True, I'll make a note.