prosthetic "foot"?

Started by jay_rab, September 21, 2015, 08:31:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jay_rab

Hi all glad to be able to interact with everyone (boy was that registration tricky with the questions!)

I had a quick question in regards to prosthetic legs, in that I was wondering if they are the correct use when someone has a foot that was ether chopped off or shot off?

Reason that I ask is because I have never come across a prosthetic foot ^_^

Thanks for your time!!
Jay

JonoRig

No prosthetic feet I'm afraid, have to chop the rest of the leg off and replace the whole thing :D

jay_rab

Quote from: JonoRig on September 21, 2015, 08:38:18 AM
No prosthetic feet I'm afraid, have to chop the rest of the leg off and replace the whole thing :D

Thanks for the quick reply! I just wanted to make sure I wasnt doing any unneeded doctor work!

SpaceDrunk

You don't need prosthetic feet anyway, as a person who has lost a single foot can still walk, albeit with the same 50% movement penalty as someone who has lost a leg.

Britnoth

Quote from: SpaceDrunk on September 24, 2015, 04:26:58 PM
You don't need prosthetic feet anyway, as a person who has lost a single foot can still walk, albeit with the same 50% movement penalty as someone who has lost a leg.

A peg leg is not 50% though. It is irritating to cut off an entire leg just because they have lost a foot.

jay_rab

Thanks for the replies SpaceDrunk and Britnoth!

For me it was more of a quality of life thing, if I have the resources to make the colonist life better then I wanted to do so, even if that gain was only slight

Wex

The weird part about this is: we have 2 possible hands replacement, but only full leg prosthetics. Also, why not vanilla bionic hands?
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
    Harlan Ellison

Jarwy

I think the real injustice here is that you don't get any meat for your colony's cannibals from removing what remains of the leg.

Jamini

If a foot is shot off, there is no downside (except cost) for replacing it with a bionic limb. Same with a hand.

So yeah, just replace the leg.

Shurp

So I tried it out; peg leg moves at 60%, vs 50% for missing foot.  Not much of an improvement; is it really worthwhile?  I suppose it gives your doctors some experience...
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

Oragepoilu

Quote from: Shurp on November 20, 2015, 07:08:53 PM
So I tried it out; peg leg moves at 60%, vs 50% for missing foot.  Not much of an improvement; is it really worthwhile?  I suppose it gives your doctors some experience...
doing from 50% to 60% mean 20% improvement for something that your pawn will do most of his time (moving). So yeah, it's a good thing to do.

Shurp

Yeah, he's definitely getting to the battle faster, he can almost keep up with the squad.
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.