Making RimWorld Spooky -- the argument for scary and existential threats

Started by REMworlder, November 11, 2015, 08:49:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MeowRailroad

I have heard the phrase "Void Gods" before, but what does it mean? Is it referring to the AI Storyteller?
Quote from: Tynan on December 02, 2016, 05:24:06 PM
This is like being in a remote fishing town in Libera and asking, "Why can't I just pay one of the fishermen $10 to take me back to Los Angeles?"

REMworlder

Quote from: MeowRailroad on November 14, 2015, 09:09:28 AM
I have heard the phrase "Void Gods" before, but what does it mean? Is it referring to the AI Storyteller?
https://i.imgur.com/tjVBqHf.jpg

It's probably a reference to the Warhammer 40k void/warp/immaterium, a different dimension where all sorts of weird gods and demi-gods live, that allows a sort of wormhole travel in real space, and which tends to leak psychic energy and demons and stuff into real space. Granted RimWorld takes inspiration from a lot of sources; the Warhammer universe just happens to be one of them.

For in game hypotheticals, the warp gods might have two function: as a sort of channel for psychic energy -- what's up with all these psychic waves? -- or as a pandora's box the player can open -- let's desecrate this ancient religious site, what's the worst that could happen?