Registration verification questions

Started by bobman279, November 12, 2015, 05:20:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobman279

I had a little bit of trouble 1 because im tired and 2 I don't know much and I actually had to google on who discovered gravity and for the last question because I am tired If you were painting you might use a horsehair paint_____: I DONT KNOW I DONT PAINT WITH A HORSE HAIR PAINT______________________________________________________________!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DeltaV

Both of those are extremely common knowledge.
Quote from: Douglas AdamsIt is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

zandadoum

Quote from: DeltaV on November 12, 2015, 07:15:51 AM
Both of those are extremely common knowledge.
first question might be hard to answer for someone that has been grown and educated in of of those creationists schools & environments
second question might be quite hard to answer for someone not native english that doesn't speak the language well.

a simple catcha code should suffice and if you want to be THAT extremist about your forum privacy and security, then use two numeric captchas and ask the user to sum them both.

mathematics is a universal and absolute language, unlike <paintbrushes> ...

masterzed

What a heck with that registration!!!! Who Discovered Gravity????? REALLY????? >:( >:( >:(

If you were painting you might use a horsehair paint_____: brush

The TV show with Captain Kirk is called Star ____: trek

RimWorld is made by _____ Studios: ludeon

The primary colors are red, green, and ______: blue

The drink is called Coca ____: cola

Type without the punctuation or numbers: 5g1n,o.m,.2e: gnome

Last name of the man who discovered gravity: newton (not sure) WTF question is that!!!!

Tynan

Are those two questions causing a problem?

I'm open to replacement suggestions.

I'd prefer to use a captcha but every time I try it either gets immediately, massively broken by spammers, or it just doesn't work for mysterious reasons. The questions seem to actually work.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Mossy piglet

I'd just like to say the gravity question might have multiple viable answers. One could argue that Einstein discovered gravity as we know it today.
Tardigrades are superior to all other life forms in every way.

Ps I secretly am one I am the king of their civilization.

Crowbar Felt

Obviously one of the questions needs you to state the third law of thermal dynamics.
Someone's organ harvested.  x5

Songleaves

What about a Rimworld specific question such as "What is the name of the game you are verifying your registration for?"

Shaye

And then I have to verify again just to post this

ThiIsMe007

Quote from: bobman279 on November 12, 2015, 05:20:17 AM
I had a little bit of trouble 1 because im tired and 2 I don't know much and I actually had to google on who discovered gravity and for the last question because I am tired If you were painting you might use a horsehair paint_____: I DONT KNOW I DONT PAINT WITH A HORSE HAIR PAINT______________________________________________________________!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Erm, wow. Just wow :o

Sirportalez

Quote from: zandadoum on November 12, 2015, 07:44:17 AM
first question might be hard to answer for someone that has been grown and educated in of of those creationists schools & environments
second question might be quite hard to answer for someone not native english that doesn't speak the language well.

Really? If it is so, why is he allowed using a computer? xD
Religion is a b*tch!
OP is really embarrassing, especially in times of google and not knowing that one paint with a paintbrush.

mumblemumble

As man is to woman, light is to _____ : Dark.

What goes up, must come ____ : Down

As iron sharpens iron, as does a man sharpen another ____ : man

just a few ideas
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.

MizzusPayne

Green is NOT a primary color. Green is achieved by combining blue and yellow. Primary colors are Red, Yellow and Blue!

Trylobyte

Quote from: MizzusPayne on November 15, 2016, 03:49:45 PM
Green is NOT a primary color. Green is achieved by combining blue and yellow. Primary colors are Red, Yellow and Blue!
True for paint and pigments, but not light.  Then the primary colors are Red, Green, and Blue (RGB).  That's because your eyes perceive red, green, and blue and mix them to get other colors.  It's also why electronic displays (TVs, monitors, phones, etc) display every color as some combination of red, green, and blue.