Mod Request: Accuracy stat displayed more prominently

Started by RickyMartini, November 14, 2015, 06:28:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RickyMartini

I would like to have a simple Mod where you can easily access and control the accuracy stats of colonists. Because it's way more difficult as it is now to determine who is the most accurate shooter. Especially in larger colonies you have no other option than to write down the accuracies, which can also chance way to quickly for it to work.

So, is there maybe already an existent mod that deals with this?

Limdood

i doubt you could.  Accuracy changes PER SQUARE and per condition and per target, etc.

So a decent shooter might have a 90% base accuracy, and be shooting at a muffalo behind a tree from 10 squares away with an excellent quality sniper rifle.

ALL of those factors adjust accuracy.  The base accuracy is applied for each square, so the whole thing is multiplied by 0.9 10times.  The muffulo is a large target so the accuracy is multiplied for 1.5 or 2 (can't remember which), the excellent sniper has an accuracy of 100% past touch range, so it is multiplied by 1, and the muffalo is behind a tree, so after everything, a new calculation is done with about a 20% chance to miss.

The accuracy changes is the muffalo moves, the tree is gone, the weapon changes, the shooter moves, etc.

The only way i know of to see actual hit chance is to select a pawn (or mech), then mouse over a target, and it will show you the hit chance with all the modifiers (the "shooter" stat is the base accuracy multiplied for each square).  I can't think of any way to display that information more easily.

RickyMartini

Quote from: Limdood on November 14, 2015, 11:16:10 AM
i doubt you could.  Accuracy changes PER SQUARE and per condition and per target, etc.

So a decent shooter might have a 90% base accuracy, and be shooting at a muffalo behind a tree from 10 squares away with an excellent quality sniper rifle.

Doesn't matter, in my post I stated that I am only looking for a mod that displays the accuracy stats more prominently. I wasn't talking about a "real accuracy".

Toggle

Quote from: Skissor on November 14, 2015, 12:44:15 PM
Quote from: Limdood on November 14, 2015, 11:16:10 AM

Doesn't matter, in my post I stated that I am only looking for a mod that displays the accuracy stats more prominently. I wasn't talking about a "real accuracy".

You say "Control" the accuracy stats of colonists? I'm not sure what you mean by that. And, it's not too difficult. If they're perfectly healthy, basically whoever has the best shooting skill. I'm pretty sure there's a stat in their info too...
Selling broken colonist souls for two thousand gold. Accepting cash or credit.

RawCode

There is ATT rate that is derived from skill, sight and manipulation.

If colonist A have ATT 900 and colonist B have ATT 500, under same condition colonist A will always have better hit rate.

Basically ATT is skill*100*sight*manipulation.

Question is, where to display this value?

koisama

I made Numbers exactly because stat management was a pain. Give it a try.

Austupaio

Quote from: Skissor on November 15, 2015, 10:03:23 AM
I don't understand why the other responders where too dense to understand what I meant.
ITT a guy explains himself poorly, then calls others dense when they attempt to decipher and help.

Toggle

Quote from: Austupaio on November 15, 2015, 10:54:51 AM
Quote from: Skissor on November 15, 2015, 10:03:23 AM
I don't understand why the other responders where too dense to understand what I meant.
ITT a guy explains himself poorly, then calls others dense when they attempt to decipher and help.

Yeah. Seriously? Your only description was "I want a mod where you can easily access and control accuracy" that's a pretty bad description of Numbers.
Selling broken colonist souls for two thousand gold. Accepting cash or credit.