[1.2] High Caliber (21.08.2020) updated to R1.2 with 3 new guns!

Started by eatKenny, November 15, 2015, 11:06:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kairon156

Mostly I have finished collecting my (game mods) and am looking for UI and other visual mods Texture Packs. I'm glad I found this mod cause the YouTube video sounds amazing. I look forward to adding this to my collection of mods. Thanks for keeping it up to date.

Request: Is there any way you'll be able to do sound effects for the different crafting tables, So the sound you hear is different for each one based on their main function? IE: Stone cutting table = hammer banging on a chisel which scrapes against the stone.

eatKenny

updated to v1.02, it will be a long pause because i'm off for vacation, but keep suggestions coming.

eatKenny

Quote from: Kairon156 on December 19, 2015, 11:08:21 PM
Request: Is there any way you'll be able to do sound effects for the different crafting tables, So the sound you hear is different for each one based on their main function? IE: Stone cutting table = hammer banging on a chisel which scrapes against the stone.

i will think about it, as a complete sound overhaul might be a project that too big for me...

Florius

Quote from: eatKenny on December 20, 2015, 08:50:06 AM
updated to v1.02, it will be a long pause because i'm off for vacation, but keep suggestions coming.

I always love to use P90's in FPS, and now I can give it to my colonists, freakin' awesome, thanks a lot!!

Mister_Blind

Hi, I really love this mod :D
I would love to see Colt1911, Galil ARM and S&W Magnum .500 added (especially the last one, since no other mod has it)
Keep it up! :)

eatKenny

Quote from: Mister_Blind on January 05, 2016, 04:07:12 PM
Hi, I really love this mod :D
I would love to see Colt1911, Galil ARM and S&W Magnum .500 added (especially the last one, since no other mod has it)
Keep it up! :)

if you look closely, the vanilla pistol is the Colt 1911. ;)

Rimfire already has the Galil, i might add the S&W Magnum .500 at some point.

Lolencolony09

this is not working, it makes a bunch of log errors and it does not work in game  :-\

eatKenny

Quote from: Lolencolony09 on January 17, 2016, 08:34:02 PM
this is not working, it makes a bunch of log errors and it does not work in game  :-\

have you activ the "Realistic Gun Sounds" before you use the gun packs? can you upload a screenshot?

Komyets

Quote from: eatKenny on November 23, 2015, 05:53:38 PM
Quote from: Komyets on November 23, 2015, 04:43:58 PM
I think I'll have to delete some files manually, I actually only want the sounds, not the new guns XD

for the final release (v1.0) i will seprate the new guns.

Wwweeeeellllll........ I fell for it, I decided the new gun sounds are amazing and Used the sound pack only at first. I tasted the power and now I want more, more sound variety! So, I enabled the extra guns as well just to get the variety XD. So far so good!

eatKenny

updated to V_1.06

changes mod name from "Realistic Gun Sounds" to "High Caliber" as the gun mod part is becoming bigger ;)

Proximity_Microwave

I just tried this out and it's really neat. Liking it a lot.

Any chance the ballistic shields can be hidden when characters aren't shooting?

eatKenny

Quote from: Proximity_Microwave on January 25, 2016, 12:25:39 PM
I just tried this out and it's really neat. Liking it a lot.

Any chance the ballistic shields can be hidden when characters aren't shooting?

it's actully intended, you can hide a gun but you can't hide a ballistic shield can you? ;)

on the other side i won't equipt the shield unless there is a threat because the -0.3 speed and -10% workspeed penalties.

Grimandevil

First of all i'd like to point out that i like this mod.

However, in the CR-patch department, it rebalances all guns to have shorter ranges, which by itself is fine, but other weapon mods adapt their ranges to default CR ranges, so they're pretty much un-usable together (HC, vanilla and mechanoid guns will be inferior to any other mod guns).
I understand, that this mod contains (or aim to) all kind of weapons required for comfort play with this mod alone, but still some compatibility would be nice.
In particular, i had in mind CR+HC+RimFire combo, but theres more mods adapting for CR.
welcome to the Rimworld - a world full of cannibal drug-addicted psychos, but free of vegetarians.

eatKenny

Quote from: Grimandevil on January 26, 2016, 02:05:38 PM
First of all i'd like to point out that i like this mod.

However, in the CR-patch department, it rebalances all guns to have shorter ranges, which by itself is fine, but other weapon mods adapt their ranges to default CR ranges, so they're pretty much un-usable together (HC, vanilla and mechanoid guns will be inferior to any other mod guns).
I understand, that this mod contains (or aim to) all kind of weapons required for comfort play with this mod alone, but still some compatibility would be nice.
In particular, i had in mind CR+HC+RimFire combo, but theres more mods adapting for CR.

oh yes thanks to point it out, i didn't really think about other mods that using CR default ranges, will make a quick update.