[1.2] High Caliber (21.08.2020) updated to R1.2 with 3 new guns!

Started by eatKenny, November 15, 2015, 11:06:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eatKenny

Quote from: Grimandevil on January 26, 2016, 02:05:38 PM
First of all i'd like to point out that i like this mod.

However, in the CR-patch department, it rebalances all guns to have shorter ranges, which by itself is fine, but other weapon mods adapt their ranges to default CR ranges, so they're pretty much un-usable together (HC, vanilla and mechanoid guns will be inferior to any other mod guns).
I understand, that this mod contains (or aim to) all kind of weapons required for comfort play with this mod alone, but still some compatibility would be nice.
In particular, i had in mind CR+HC+RimFire combo, but theres more mods adapting for CR.

i separated my rebalance as another patch, you can redownload this mod. ;)

eatKenny

Any ideas of new guns/weapons that i can work on at weekend?  I'm thinking adding the AWM sniper rifle. ;)

Entropy147

maybe a DMR? (I don't know any names of any DMRs) so a rifle that fires one or two shots at long range

Grimandevil

welcome to the Rimworld - a world full of cannibal drug-addicted psychos, but free of vegetarians.

eatKenny

Quote from: Sentry on January 29, 2016, 11:34:29 AM
maybe a DMR? (I don't know any names of any DMRs) so a rifle that fires one or two shots at long range

if you look closely the M14 EBR is a DMR ;D

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mk_14_Enhanced_Battle_Rifle

and the FN SCAR-H can be a DMR too.

eatKenny

so i'll work on:

1. Accuracy International AWM
2. Heckler Koch MG4
3. XM25 CDTE (let's see if it can be balanced)

Komyets

Now these are really cool... got myself an AWM recently, it looks badass and punches holes through mechanoid armor like a boss.

Have you thought about modifying the vanilla weapon names though? Now the vanilla weapon names look way over simplified, while yours have such nice detailed descriptions on them lol.

EDIT: wait no... I believe that modifying them would probabbly be a bad idea though, the changes could conflict with other mods. Nevermind!

AllenWL

Just wondering, but what are the differences between the guns in this mod and vanilla guns?
Will they generally be superior to vanilla guns? Similar?

eatKenny

Quote from: AllenWL on February 06, 2016, 06:44:55 AM
Just wondering, but what are the differences between the guns in this mod and vanilla guns?

they are balanced to vanilla guns (or balanced with combat realism if you use the patch).
one simple reason: i just want more guns ;)

eatKenny

Quote from: Komyets on February 02, 2016, 09:19:12 PM

Have you thought about modifying the vanilla weapon names though? Now the vanilla weapon names look way over simplified, while yours have such nice detailed descriptions on them lol.

EDIT: wait no... I believe that modifying them would probabbly be a bad idea though, the changes could conflict with other mods. Nevermind!

yes i'd like to change the vanilla guns but it may bring compatibility issues.

eatKenny

AllenWL

Quote from: eatKenny on February 06, 2016, 08:43:24 AM

they are balanced to vanilla guns (or balanced with combat realism if you use the patch).
I guess I'll try them out. I've been looking for some anti-armor guns after getting combat realism and more mechanoids.
Don't know much about guns, but hoping I'll find one here.
What makes a gun a anti-armor gun anyways?

eatKenny

Quote from: AllenWL on February 06, 2016, 09:19:49 AM
Quote from: eatKenny on February 06, 2016, 08:43:24 AM

What makes a gun a anti-armor gun anyways?

normally bigger caliber, higher muzzle velocity makes the bullet having more armor-piercing capability, in this mod the Barrett M82 and AWM are very good at dealing mechanoids threads.