[1.2] High Caliber (21.08.2020) updated to R1.2 with 3 new guns!

Started by eatKenny, November 15, 2015, 11:06:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

samurai999

No dropBox please.............Chinese goverment did not allowed any people open that one

eatKenny

Quote from: samurai999 on March 25, 2016, 04:27:12 AM
No dropBox please.............Chinese goverment did not allowed any people open that one

i will upload this mod to moddb or/and Nexus mod tonight, hope you can download from there.

eatKenny

updated to A13.

all the guns in this mod are NOT craftable, 3 reasons:

1. all those guns are real guns, mass produced from firearms manufacturer, its unrealistic if they can be crafted by a single man on a single table.
2. vanilla gun crafting system is not yet balanced in my opinion, work amount to craft a gun is way too low.
3. the whole idea of crafteable guns is for me not game fitting. you crashlanded on a planet, barely survived, but one year later you find yourself producing more pistols than Beretta do.

carpediembr

Quote from: eatKenny on April 09, 2016, 04:53:01 PM
updated to A13.

1. all those guns are real guns, mass produced from firearms manufacturer, its unrealistic if they can be crafted by a single man on a single table.
2. vanilla gun crafting system is not yet balanced in my opinion, work amount to craft a gun is way too low.
3. the whole idea of crafteable guns is for me not game fitting. you crashlanded on a planet, barely survived, but one year later you find yourself producing more pistols than Beretta do.

Few questions:
- How can you obtain weapons? Trader and Raids only I'm assuming? Are there in any Cargo Drops?
- Are raids attuned to be balanced to match you not being able to craft them?
- With this mod, do you block the vanilla weapons from being crafted as well?

Thanks

eatKenny

Quote from: carpediembr on April 13, 2016, 12:12:10 PM
updated to A13.

Few questions:
- How can you obtain weapons? Trader and Raids only I'm assuming? Are there in any Cargo Drops?

Thanks

- you can obtain guns from traders and raiders only, no cargo drop sorry (omg it's raining guns ::))
- raids are balanced, as in vanilla game, to your total wealth if i'm not wrong, it's not about the guns.
- vanilla weapons are untouched, you can still craft them.

TIP: ballistic shield(which can be crafted) + pistols are more useful than you think, especially in early game. ;D

carpediembr

Quote from: eatKenny on April 13, 2016, 01:02:40 PM
Quote from: carpediembr on April 13, 2016, 12:12:10 PM
updated to A13.

Few questions:

Thanks

- you can obtain guns from traders and raiders only, no cargo drop sorry (omg it's raining guns ::))
- raids are balanced, as in vanilla game, to your total wealth if i'm not wrong, it's not about the guns.
- vanilla weapons are untouched, you can still craft them.

TIP: ballistic shield(which can be crafted) + pistols are more useful than you think, especially in early game. ;D

>(omg it's raining guns ::))
well, nothing different from OMG is raining meat, steel or people =P

Can you disable the crafting of the vanilla weapons via a mod? If so, how would I go about to do that?

Jessi

Will you be adding more weapons? I'd like to see some accurate high damage SMG's that appear once you reach a certain 'wealth' point.

Also we need WW2 era weaponry, please! MP40, PPSH, Degtyaryov, Thompson, Colt, MG42, Sten M2, Lee Enfield... I feel the MG42 would really slow you down though, that shit could be carried but it was a fucking mounted machine gun.
A curious little creature...

eatKenny

Quote from: carpediembr on April 13, 2016, 09:30:17 PM
Can you disable the crafting of the vanilla weapons via a mod? If so, how would I go about to do that?

yes you can, with some simple .xml editing. i've made one for you(you may have to start a new game though), check the attachment.

however the researches about the gun crafting are not disabled unless you edit the vanilla file, but i'm not bothered :P

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

eatKenny

thanks for the support!

about adding more guns:

for me quality is more important than quantity. Inspired by the game "Rainbow Six", i'm trying to make all the guns/equipments situational, that said, you have to choose weapons wisely for diffirent kinds of threats, i hope this will bring the gameplay into a more deeper tactical level.

all the ideas are welcome, however due to limited time i may not able to add all of them.

WW2 weapons are rather out of my consideration, this mod is more focused on modern weaponry, and in mod "Rimfire" there are already some well made WW2 guns.

dareddevil7

I started a colony with this mod on, I spawned in a glock 17 for one character, and a .500 S&W for another because I wanted to use the guns before I got stuck in a loadout, the guy I gave the glock 17 to wanted a prosthetic, I thought "I'll just have my one colonist shoot him and pull an Adam Jensen on him", so I have them stand in a hall and my colonist with the .500 S&W shoots his entire leg off.

eatKenny

Quote from: dareddevil7 on April 16, 2016, 12:44:14 PM
I started a colony with this mod on, I spawned in a glock 17 for one character, and a .500 S&W for another because I wanted to use the guns before I got stuck in a loadout, the guy I gave the glock 17 to wanted a prosthetic, I thought "I'll just have my one colonist shoot him and pull an Adam Jensen on him", so I have them stand in a hall and my colonist with the .500 S&W shoots his entire leg off.

jesus christ the .500 S&W is for bear hunting...

dareddevil7

Quote from: eatKenny on April 16, 2016, 03:20:54 PM
Quote from: dareddevil7 on April 16, 2016, 12:44:14 PM

jesus christ the .500 S&W is for bear hunting...
Wouldn't you want a stopping rifle for bear hunting, because you're screwed if the .500 S&W is too much for your wrists

dareddevil7

I noticed you only have one "Shotgun" and even that would be considered an assault rifle, do you plan to add shotguns?

Zeta Omega