[1.2] High Caliber (21.08.2020) updated to R1.2 with 3 new guns!

Started by eatKenny, November 15, 2015, 11:06:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eatKenny

Quote from: Monzer on August 16, 2016, 08:05:38 PM
hey love that mod man made the game much cooler . so I can't creat the weapons right ? just loot them . btw I had heckler koch MG4 (supr) and it very very accurate i mean it almost hit every single bullet not sure it's because its superior maybe

MG4 is more accurate than vanilla LMG, but not that accurate, maybe your pawn has really good/enhanced shooting skill(bionic eye, bionic arm etc.)

or: are you using this mod with combat realism without patch?

feversmirrors

Are you able to craft the guns in this? I saw it mentioned earlier in the comments but wanted to make sure.

123nick

shouldnt the desert eagle and SW model 500 be shield-equippable?

eatKenny

Quote from: feversmirrors on August 17, 2016, 12:28:52 PM
Are you able to craft the guns in this? I saw it mentioned earlier in the comments but wanted to make sure.
no those guns are not craftble, otherwise it will be too OP.

eatKenny

Quote from: 123nick on August 17, 2016, 12:36:11 PM
shouldnt the desert eagle and SW model 500 be shield-equippable?
no, actually no. if you shoot those guns with one hand you put your wrist at risk, and you get 0 accuracy.

123nick

should i just delete HC_grenades, weapons, and weapons_misc if i only want the ballistic shield?

Monzer

Quote from: eatKenny on August 17, 2016, 10:10:15 AM
Quote from: Monzer on August 16, 2016, 08:05:38 PM
hey love that mod man made the game much cooler . so I can't creat the weapons right ? just loot them . btw I had heckler koch MG4 (supr) and it very very accurate i mean it almost hit every single bullet not sure it's because its superior maybe

MG4 is more accurate than vanilla LMG, but not that accurate, maybe your pawn has really good/enhanced shooting skill(bionic eye, bionic arm etc.)

or: are you using this mod with combat realism without patch?
I'm not using combat realism . well my shooters are above 10 skill points

Schwartz

The sledgehammer feels pretty OP. It's easy to get and doesn't suffer from the 'goblinite' syndrome of generally bad quality levels. I'd lower the damage a bit and possibly allow it to have quality levels. That would be a nerf, overall, I think.

Almost forgot, they also don't yield any resources when smelted down.

Love your mod otherwise.

Rafe009

Quote from: eatKenny on August 17, 2016, 12:46:01 PM
no those guns are not craftble, otherwise it will be too OP.

So the guns in this mod are not balanced and outperform vanilla weapons? Vanilla allows one to craft weapons, everything from pistols to sniper riffles. How are your guns different than vanilla guns?

Nanao-kun

Quote from: Rafe009 on August 25, 2016, 08:20:13 AM
So the guns in this mod are not balanced and outperform vanilla weapons? Vanilla allows one to craft weapons, everything from pistols to sniper riffles. How are your guns different than vanilla guns?

I think he mentioned something about colonists outproducing weapon manufacturers, so maybe his colony produces like 25k guns per year or something?

eatKenny

thanks for all the feedbacks, i will solve those issues in A15 update, and i will make those guns craftble since lots of asking...

Rafe009

Quote from: Nanao-kun on August 25, 2016, 05:18:04 PM

I think he mentioned something about colonists outproducing weapon manufacturers, so maybe his colony produces like 25k guns per year or something?

Hmmm, that's an issue for balancing the sale price of guns though which has a reference point in how much teh vanilla sniper can sell for, or the vanilla assault riffle.  i can't say i even know what a sale price is for most of the guns in the game because i tend to smelt them down because  of the low availability of steel and platesteel. Also spending you very finite and precious steel on building guns depletes components which can be catastrophic if you are not at a component assembly table tech.

Art and human leather - assuming you have a psychopath are the best ways i find to get money. Though i do build guns i scatter them across my base in weapon racks for quick response at various regions within my base, i just never sell them.

Though i do sell the triple rock launchers from time to time and get about 300 a pop for them. Still for some people i think 10 or 20 steel is worth 300 silver sometimes.

I'm  personally don't care how far you are in the tech tree spending about 15 to 20 components to get armor or a weapon hurts like hell, i think balancing it that by modulating component costs - increasing them - would be best, reducing sale price to traders,  etc.

Edit: looks like eatkenny responded. Thanks eatKenny. I really love your SCAR and P90. I just have to have them!

hendrikpfaff

Hey eatkenny.
I just started with modding and am now working on a gun mod.
I use your mod as an example when I'm stuck, even though it is not so smart
because it works with your own high caliber core but it is still useful.
I'm now at the point that I search for gun sounds, but that's really a lot of work to look up every gun sound.
I want to ask if I may use gun sounds from your mod.

Schwartz

I don't think they -have- to be craftable. There's a ton of guns here that would clutter up the crafting menu. That, and they're generally a bit better than vanilla weapons. Their accuracy percentages are better, particularly long-range, and there's some sniper guns with rather low cooldowns (and less damage, but still). I think them not being craftable gives them some nice extra value.

eatKenny

Quote from: hendrikpfaff on August 26, 2016, 10:18:54 AM
Hey eatkenny.
I just started with modding and am now working on a gun mod.
I use your mod as an example when I'm stuck, even though it is not so smart
because it works with your own high caliber core but it is still useful.
I'm now at the point that I search for gun sounds, but that's really a lot of work to look up every gun sound.
I want to ask if I may use gun sounds from your mod.

sure go ahead ;)