[1.2] High Caliber (21.08.2020) updated to R1.2 with 3 new guns!

Started by eatKenny, November 15, 2015, 11:06:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragonregure

Quote from: eatKenny on September 09, 2016, 06:47:11 AM
Quote from: dragonregure on September 09, 2016, 12:47:19 AM
Is this mod requires CCL? because it conflicted when i checking use CCR, my game versian is 15. Since CCL not support the v15 so how can i using this mod?

this mod does not require CCL.

Im checking it using RCC, and theres conflict. you can see at the pict.
Well its not like i can't load my game, but how can i know the mod working or not?

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

Deimos Rast

Quote from: dragonregure on September 09, 2016, 09:01:26 PM
Well its not like i can't load my game, but how can i know the mod working or not?

So High Caliber has custom sounds for the stock guns and overrides the base games sound definition files to tell it to use its version instead. One of the things RCC checks for is if two things have the same "defName" (basically their internal name the games sees) and if two things share the same name, conflicts can happen, either intentionally or not.
That's probably what you're seeing (by my count there are 23 sound definitions and you have 21 conflicts). If you want to test this hypothesis, try removing the "SoundDefs" folder and running RCC again. I believe you should be able to play without the folder entirely actually, as HC guns all use custom sounds IIRC, but there is a chance it could throw a "sound missing error" on load and when a gun is fired. Alternatively, check the log while the game is running via Dev Mode (see options screen) and see if anything pops up. If you really wanted to be sure, check RCC.txt for the detailed output of the program.
TLDR: The conflicts probably aren't conflicts and/or are intentional.

======================
@eatKenny
Take a look at the LAW config, the TouchAccuracy reads with a comma instead of a period.
<AccuracyTouch>0,50</AccuracyTouch>
#StopPluginAbuse

dragonregure

Quote from: Deimos Rast on September 10, 2016, 03:12:02 AM

So High Caliber has custom sounds for the stock guns and overrides the base games sound definition files to tell it to use its version instead. One of the things RCC checks for is if two things have the same "defName" (basically their internal name the games sees) and if two things share the same name, conflicts can happen, either intentionally or not.
That's probably what you're seeing (by my count there are 23 sound definitions and you have 21 conflicts). If you want to test this hypothesis, try removing the "SoundDefs" folder and running RCC again. I believe you should be able to play without the folder entirely actually, as HC guns all use custom sounds IIRC, but there is a chance it could throw a "sound missing error" on load and when a gun is fired. Alternatively, check the log while the game is running via Dev Mode (see options screen) and see if anything pops up. If you really wanted to be sure, check RCC.txt for the detailed output of the program.

======================
@eatKenny
Take a look at the LAW config, the TouchAccuracy reads with a comma instead of a period.

That\s explain everything, thanks!

dragonregure

Quote from: Deimos Rast on September 10, 2016, 03:12:02 AM

======================
@eatKenny

1 again, can we craft HC guns? ecause i didnt find at machine table bills list

Deimos Rast

Quote from: dragonregure on September 11, 2016, 10:07:40 PM
1 again, can we craft HC guns? ecause i didnt find at machine table bills list

Unfortunately, no. That is the one downside to High Caliber: none of the guns/items are craftable. EDIT: check the smithy too.
I suppose I could try writing a patch, as the License is a pretty good one. Might take a bit though.
#StopPluginAbuse

Deimos Rast

@dragonregure @eatKenny
So I made a thing... ;D
I'm a big fan of this mod, but I didn't like how you couldn't craft anything. So I set about remedying that.

I already had a spreadsheet with all the HC and stock weapon stats, so it simply became a matter of "fill in the blank." Luckily, all the HC weapons have a MarketValue, and I largely went off that. Initially, I planned on going solely off of that, but some numbers were (I felt) high, and then there were outliers, and I had to take into account the quasi "soft caps" the weapon tiers put on things. In short, balance is a harsh mistress. When I couldn't go up in cost, I often went to the side: into Plasteel, but only for the more advanced guns (ones specifically with the AdvancedGun tag), and at a generally low amount (5-15).

Then it came time to actually write the recipes. I had initially planned to take the easier route and redefine the Base abstract with recipeMakers and put the recipes directly in the weapon defs themselves. But that would require eventually overwriting the original weapon defs and long story short, I was worried about breaking saves. I took the longer route and wrote out RecipeDefs for every single weapon in the mod. Including the heavy ordinance, grenades, and sledgehammer. Ballistic Shield and Sledgehammer are crafted at the Smithy; everything else at the Machining Table.

Everything was tested in game. No errors or warnings in sight. I did not craft everything, however, only a random sampling, but I did check recipes of everything in game.
Nothing from the Mod is being redistributed. eatKenny is welcome to use this (i.e. incorporate it) as he sees fit, or not. Either is fine with me. :)

Installation:
Place folder 'RecipeDefs' into folder High Caliber/Defs
Does not require a new save. Yes, I tested it.
Does require you to reload the game though, in order for High Caliber to be reloaded.

As I said, balance is a very hard game to play, one which I hate. That aside, if you feel some numbers are way off (and I mean way off), let me know. Spreadsheet available on request if you want to really geek out.

Download:
Dropbox
#StopPluginAbuse

dragonregure

Quote from: Deimos Rast on September 12, 2016, 03:06:05 AM
@dragonregure @eatKenny
So I made a thing... ;D
I'm a big fan of this mod, but I didn't like how you couldn't craft anything. So I set about remedying that.

I already had a spreadsheet with all the HC and stock weapon stats, so it simply became a matter of "fill in the blank." Luckily, all the HC weapons have a MarketValue, and I largely went off that. Initially, I planned on going solely off of that, but some numbers were (I felt) high, and then there were outliers, and I had to take into account the quasi "soft caps" the weapon tiers put on things. In short, balance is a harsh mistress. When I couldn't go up in cost, I often went to the side: into Plasteel, but only for the more advanced guns (ones specifically with the AdvancedGun tag), and at a generally low amount (5-15).

Then it came time to actually write the recipes. I had initially planned to take the easier route and redefine the Base abstract with recipeMakers and put the recipes directly in the weapon defs themselves. But that would require eventually overwriting the original weapon defs and long story short, I was worried about breaking saves. I took the longer route and wrote out RecipeDefs for every single weapon in the mod. Including the heavy ordinance, grenades, and sledgehammer. Ballistic Shield and Sledgehammer are crafted at the Smithy; everything else at the Machining Table.

Everything was tested in game. No errors or warnings in sight. I did not craft everything, however, only a random sampling, but I did check recipes of everything in game.
Nothing from the Mod is being redistributed. eatKenny is welcome to use this (i.e. incorporate it) as he sees fit, or not. Either is fine with me. :)

Installation:
Place folder 'RecipeDefs' into folder High Caliber/Defs
Does not require a new save. Yes, I tested it.
Does require you to reload the game though, in order for High Caliber to be reloaded.

As I said, balance is a very hard game to play, one which I hate. That aside, if you feel some numbers are way off (and I mean way off), let me know. Spreadsheet available on request if you want to really geek out.

Download:
Dropbox

Working~! You are the man, Man!  ;D

eatKenny

thanks, i also put the dropbox link to the main post so more people will see it.

Deimos Rast

Please give feed back if you feel anything is out of whack. The work amounts should generally be high (although not necessarily for something like a pistol), but the material costs were harder to scale.

Things to watch for:
- Can you get by with mass producing a single gun. The strength of a weapon pack is diversity. There are a lot of cool guns in here, I would consider it a failure if you just built Glock 17's all day every day and didn't try out the S&W Model 500 on occasion.
- Can "endgame" guns be mass produced at all. I'm not saying you shouldn't have a couple of Barrett M82's, but they should be more expensive to get.
- Do you still use stock guns at all? Ideally, stock should still have a place (and I don't mean just when you spawn in with them).

Spreadsheet for the nerds

Edit:
thanks eatKenny (and for the great mod)!
#StopPluginAbuse

iceteazz

_ I just found that i could not craft those weapons, which is great because vanilla weapon is ok. But, because the assault rifle looks exactly like M16, while there are no AKM so i borrow your mod, just deleted all codes except for AK-74, change the name to AKM, add an original bullet 7.62×39mm in, bullet damage to 11, change the sound def, you got AK-47 texture right there too, great ! Now i got my AKM ready in service ! Thx alot OP :)

_ May i ask one question ? While Assault rifles could be crafted in game, how can i code so that i can craft AKM too ? thx.

P/s: nvm, i just found some similiar mod, and borrow their stuff and edit some line. It was error at 1st, but i fixed and now it workes like a charm ! I'm going to use AKMs like a drugs gang :)

ngcq1811

Quote from: iceteazz on September 13, 2016, 04:42:54 AM
_ I just found that i could not craft those weapons, which is great because vanilla weapon is ok. But, because the assault rifle looks exactly like M16, while there are no AKM so i borrow your mod, just deleted all codes except for AK-74, change the name to AKM, add an original bullet 7.62×39mm in, bullet damage to 11, change the sound def, you got AK-47 texture right there too, great ! Now i got my AKM ready in service ! Thx alot OP :)

_ May i ask one question ? While Assault rifles could be crafted in game, how can i code so that i can craft AKM too ? thx.

P/s: nvm, i just found some similiar mod, and borrow their stuff and edit some line. It was error at 1st, but i fixed and now it workes like a charm ! I'm going to use AKMs like a drugs gang :)
(Hey lol I'm J_Carmine on GVN)
DR made recipes for HC guns in the post above. Download here
I think you can modify it to leave only the recipe for AKM, but only if you prefer HC weapons over other mods'. And I think HC is one of the most CR compatible weapon packs out there as well.

dragonregure

Okay i have some questions..

How i can see Ballistic shield health? I didnt see it anywhere, and my character still damaged by melee even using ballistic shield, is that because i got attacked by melee attack?

eatKenny

Quote from: dragonregure on September 14, 2016, 11:24:59 AM
How i can see Ballistic shield health? I didnt see it anywhere, and my character still damaged by melee even using ballistic shield, is that because i got attacked by melee attack?
for the HP you have to check the gear tab, and pawn with low combat skill(melee+shooting<10) can still geting hurt even equipt with ballistic shield.

AseaHeru

Even the best power armor still allows the person wearing to be damaged. They just mitigate the damage.

ChromeMax

eatKenny, can you contact me on steam, I wish to make some sprites for future guns that you may plan to make. I also wish to add some additions to your modpack. My steam nickname is my forum name. I have sent you a friend request.