[1.2] High Caliber (21.08.2020) updated to R1.2 with 3 new guns!

Started by eatKenny, November 15, 2015, 11:06:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gillsminnow

If I could potentially make a request and I don't know if it would be due to the mod or if it's a vanilla issue as it's been a long time since I've played vanilla. It would be to have the gun sounds lowered for vanilla and additional weapons. I'm going to make some youtube videos etc and have the ambient sounds at a volume which is suited with the voice volume. The gun sounds, however, seem to be way above that of standard rimworld noise level making it a bit problematic when commentating during combat. It would be great to have them a bit quieter for general use too. :)

eatKenny

Quote from: ChromeMax on September 23, 2016, 09:15:16 AM
eatKenny, can you contact me on steam, I wish to make some sprites for future guns that you may plan to make. I also wish to add some additions to your modpack. My steam nickname is my forum name. I have sent you a friend request.
i don't have much time to add new weapons but i can help you if you want some resources.
PS: i stopped using steam long time ago so you may send me PM.

eatKenny

Quote from: gillsminnow on September 23, 2016, 09:45:55 AM
If I could potentially make a request and I don't know if it would be due to the mod or if it's a vanilla issue as it's been a long time since I've played vanilla. It would be to have the gun sounds lowered for vanilla and additional weapons. I'm going to make some youtube videos etc and have the ambient sounds at a volume which is suited with the voice volume. The gun sounds, however, seem to be way above that of standard rimworld noise level making it a bit problematic when commentating during combat. It would be great to have them a bit quieter for general use too. :)
i've watched some rimworld videos with this mod it seems fine with the volume. however if you want change the volume you can go to SoundDef and change it yourself to meet your requirement(it's very easy indeed).
or: just use suppressed guns like SIG P226 and M4A1 :P

gillsminnow

Quote from: eatKenny on September 23, 2016, 06:00:49 PM
Quote from: gillsminnow on September 23, 2016, 09:45:55 AM
i've watched some rimworld videos with this mod it seems fine with the volume. however if you want change the volume you can go to SoundDef and change it yourself to meet your requirement(it's very easy indeed).
or: just use suppressed guns like SIG P226 and M4A1 :P

That's fair! I didn't know I could change the volume myself. I'll take a look into it! Thank you. :)

Commander Blackwatch

[A15] High Caliber - more than a gun mod  (V1.14/03.09.2016) A15 update!

The Texture are Amazing and the Sounds are great and also the shield with Melee or Pistol the M224 Mortar accuracy is bad and M14 Grenade are good and also thank you for releasing the Recipe Gun
Im really waiting for this.

Average : 10/10
"When we hunt, we kill!
No one is safe!
Nothing is sacred!
We are Blackwatch!
We are the last line of defense!
We will burn our own to hold the red line,
it is the last line to ever hold!"
―The Blackwatch

ChromeMax

Quote from: Blackwatch27 on November 03, 2016, 10:57:46 AM
[A15] High Caliber - more than a gun mod  (V1.14/03.09.2016) A15 update!

The Texture are Amazing and the Sounds are great and also the shield with Melee or Pistol the M224 Mortar accuracy is bad and M14 Grenade are good and also thank you for releasing the Recipe Gun
Im really waiting for this.

Average : 10/10

Yeah uhm, I don't think we even need a rating. This mod is hands down the best gun mod, unless Project Armory suddenly comes back to life with redone textures and sound.

idiot101300

Can you pretty please upload the link for alpha 14. I don't want to update to a15 just yet as i have over 100 hours on my colony. your mod is the best

ChromeMax

ActionCow

eatKenny

you can find the A14 version in nexusmod page, check the OP.
i dont know if the old CR patch(A14) will work with the new CR, you have to try it your self.

ChromeMax

Quote from: ActionCow on November 17, 2016, 11:00:20 PM
Does this work with the new, buggy as hell release of CR?

Most definitely not. CR doesn't even work properly by itself. And also, the last CR High Caliber patch was released for A14, which did work. So if you want an A14 alternative, just letting you know it works fine.

Krolon

eatKenny

no the CR for A15 is very buggy so there is no point to make a patch for this version

Alexandre Lange

Gun Recipe is working with A15? (its shows an error):

eatKenny

Quote from: Alexandre Lange on November 18, 2016, 12:43:39 PM
Gun Recipe is working with A15? (its shows an error):

Installation:
Place folder 'RecipeDefs' into folder High Caliber/Defs