[1.2] High Caliber (21.08.2020) updated to R1.2 with 3 new guns!

Started by eatKenny, November 15, 2015, 11:06:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RimworldRocks163

jmababa

Quote from: Iwillbenicetou on November 24, 2015, 10:05:57 AM
Maybe add the M4a4 or M4a1-S? (CS:GO :D)

RT weapon pack has M4 if you like M4. I just use RT cause it dosen't conflict with medieval mod. If this gets compatible with medieval mod Id pick this over RT weapon pack

mraadx

Graphic Designer. Will draw for $.

Smexy_Vampire

is it possable to set up the wepon crafting to be locked behing reserch and on there own bench like rt wepon pack did ?

Fafn1r

Quote from: Smexy_Vampire on December 19, 2016, 03:02:13 AM
is it possable to set up the wepon crafting to be locked behing reserch and on there own bench like rt wepon pack did ?

It is possible. :D

etoire

Hey y'all! Just wondering if there's plans to update this mod to A16! I really loved these weapons. They provided a great variety to the game and I can't live without the ballistic shield! Haha.

eatKenny

i will update this to A16 asap, however as my vacation ahead i can't tell the time.

etoire

Thanks for your prompt response! I hope you have a great vacation!

SundayTuesday

Can confirm, fully functional with Alpha 16 using Alpha 15 version. Tested every weapon, they all work properly. (without Combat Realism, I should note)
"When your kingdom is attacked, Do not flee.
Show them WHY it is your kingdom!"

etoire

Unfortunately, the moment I loaded the mod into my A16, I was bombarded with error messages. It seems that it doesn't work for me, so I'll be waiting for the update! :)

Don't know how useful this is to you, but here's my take on the error logs.

Every gun prompted an XML error that read something like
warmupticks not in field in type VerbProperties:
What I think it might mean:
Vanilla weapons have a field 'Warmup: x seconds' that make the weapon fire after a break. I checked the guns from this pack and they don't have this field in their info screen, and they also fire noticeably faster in A16 than they did in A15. Like they didn't have any warmup at all. Probably the game skipping over the warmup field completely so the guns just go off like BLAM. I like it, but it's not very balanced. This is for every gun added to the pack, so that probably got changed in the XMLs. Ranged cooldown is still there, though.

Ballistic shield doesn't work as intended. The instant my character was hit, i was thrown this error.
Exception in Tick (pawn=Warg56944, job=AttackMelee A=Thing_Human56741, CurToil=2): System.MissingFieldException: Field 'RimWorld.SkillRecord.level' not found.
  at Verse.Pawn_HealthTracker.PreApplyDamage (DamageInfo dinfo, System.Boolean& absorbed) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Pawn.PreApplyDamage (DamageInfo dinfo, System.Boolean& absorbed) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Thing.TakeDamage (DamageInfo dinfo) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Verb_MeleeAttack.ApplyMeleeDamageToTarget (LocalTargetInfo target) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Verb_MeleeAttack.TryCastShot () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Verb.TryCastNextBurstShot () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Verb.WarmupComplete () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Verb.TryStartCastOn (LocalTargetInfo castTarg, Boolean surpriseAttack, Boolean canFreeIntercept) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Pawn_MeleeVerbs.TryMeleeAttack (Verse.Thing target, Verse.Verb verbToUse, Boolean surpriseAttack) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.AI.JobDriver_AttackMelee+<MakeNewToils>c__Iterator194.<>m__664 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.AI.Toils_Combat+<FollowAndMeleeAttack>c__AnonStorey44E.<>m__6B6 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.AI.JobDriver.DriverTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.AI.JobDriver:DriverTick()
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:JobTrackerTick()
Verse.Pawn:Tick()
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:Update()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

Now I don't code so I have no idea what that says or means, but the ballistic shield was blocking damage for the character but it itself wasn't taking any damage. This meant that anyone wearing one is invulnerable. Neat. But also pretty OP. Just to make sure, I sent a few pirates after a pawn with one, and even tried using the devmode 'down' command. Nope. Didn't work.

I also had a few Sound related errors but the sounds seemed to work.

So the pack itself is usable but the items are all incredibly broken at the moment, it seems. Shields block infinite damage, weapons have almost no cooldown and can fire incredibly rapidly.

eatKenny

deathstar

Quote from: eatKenny on December 23, 2016, 04:24:25 PM
updated to A16, but for now only guns. see update note in OP.

Thank you for your quick work! Will there be a compatibility-patch for CR after the holidays?
Enjoy your Christmas!

eatKenny

Quote from: deathstar on December 23, 2016, 04:33:53 PM
Quote from: eatKenny on December 23, 2016, 04:24:25 PM
updated to A16, but for now only guns. see update note in OP.

Thank you for your quick work! Will there be a compatibility-patch for CR after the holidays?
Enjoy your Christmas!

i will make a CR-Patch after vacation, but if anyone is interested to make a CR-Patch now please go ahead ;), i will upload your patch and give you credit.

etoire

I'll take what I can get!~ I love your work dude, thanks for your prompt update!

Edit:

Just an update, I'm still getting some errors (that don't affect gameplay.) This shows up for every gun in the error logs.

Config error in ShotIncendiaryLauncher: Sounds with non-on-camera subsounds should use MapOnly context.
Verse.Log:Warning(String)
Verse.DefDatabase`1:ErrorCheckAllDefs()
System.Reflection.MonoMethod:InternalInvoke(Object, Object[], Exception&)
System.Reflection.MonoMethod:Invoke(Object, BindingFlags, Binder, Object[], CultureInfo)
System.Reflection.MethodBase:Invoke(Object, Object[])
Verse.GenGeneric:InvokeStaticMethodOnGenericType(Type, Type, String)
Verse.PlayDataLoader:DoPlayLoad()
Verse.PlayDataLoader:LoadAllPlayData(Boolean)
RimWorld.<PostClose>c__AnonStorey3A4:<>m__530()
Verse.LongEventHandler:RunEventFromAnotherThread(Action)
Verse.LongEventHandler:<UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent>m__733()