[1.2] High Caliber (21.08.2020) updated to R1.2 with 3 new guns!

Started by eatKenny, November 15, 2015, 11:06:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alenerel

A lot of weapons but not a nice M16A2 and no classic dragunov :(

Do you have a table with all the stats of the weapons to know what they do?

How did you make the sprites?

etoire

Latest update removed all the SoundDef errors! Thanks for all your hard work, Kenny!

eugene123bear

If You Guys Want The Ballistic Shield Back in A16 Just move the Assemblies and Def(HC_BallisticShield.xml to ThingDefs)  from A15 to A16, proven, does not break  :D

Dimbledorf

When will Tynan add goats, I wonder?

etoire

Hey, Kenny, I updated the RecipesDef files over to A16. I removed the melee weapons file and changed all instances of ArtilleryShell in HeavyWeapons over to MortarShell, the new name for that thing. Happy holidays!

Instructions:
Unzip RecipesDef into HighCaliber/Defs. Should look like
...HighCaliber/Defs/RecipesDef

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

eatKenny

Quote from: etoire on December 25, 2016, 03:24:03 PM
Hey, Kenny, I updated the RecipesDef files over to A16. I removed the melee weapons file and changed all instances of ArtilleryShell in HeavyWeapons over to MortarShell, the new name for that thing. Happy holidays!

Instructions:
Unzip RecipesDef into HighCaliber/Defs. Should look like
...HighCaliber/Defs/RecipesDef

thanks i added the recipes to the OP.

Rafe009

Quote from: Alenerel on December 25, 2016, 05:32:55 PM
how did you make the sprites?

Most likely Gimp or Photoshop. It's really not that hard to make your own gun sprites and due to the graphic limitation 64x64 pixels you don't have to be DaVinci. I've made a ton of my own sprites. I think the real problem is trying to make sniper rifles and long guns look good given the 64x64 limitation. Ultimately most long-guns you add into the game are not to realistic scale.

Anyway i use Gimp. I save a gun image - it's profile off the net. flip horizontally, add an alpha channel and delete the white background with the wand tool. Then i scale the image down to 64 lengthwise. Almost all Rimworld weapons have a black border around them.

AseaHeru

For longer weapons, you could have them oriented diagonally to help with that.

Rafe009

Quote from: AseaHeru on December 26, 2016, 07:57:39 PM

You could but then the barrel of the weapon would be pointed 45 degrees off axis of the target's  trajectory  and the bullet would miraculously appear 45 degrees away from the barrel, unless you know of some thing in the defs to rotate textures. To put it another way when your pawns are aiming they would never be aiming precisely at the target they are actually aiming at.

kenshinoh

Quote from: eugene123bear on December 25, 2016, 12:05:30 AM
If You Guys Want The Ballistic Shield Back in A16 Just move the Assemblies and Def(HC_BallisticShield.xml to ThingDefs)  from A15 to A16, proven, does not break  :D

It doesn't work for me  :'( :'( :'(

Edit : Silly me . It works like a champ .. Tks man xD

AseaHeru

Quote from: Rafe009 on December 27, 2016, 12:22:36 AM
Quote from: AseaHeru on December 26, 2016, 07:57:39 PM

You could but then the barrel of the weapon would be pointed 45 degrees off axis of the target's  trajectory  and the bullet would miraculously appear 45 degrees away from the barrel, unless you know of some thing in the defs to rotate textures. To put it another way when your pawns are aiming they would never be aiming precisely at the target they are actually aiming at.

Good point. Thought you just meant for the item's icon, but its the same one, isint it.

Well, it would still work for atleast one firearm with a mass-produced modification...

Kryas

Has this been updated to be compatible for combat realism in A16?