[1.2] High Caliber (21.08.2020) updated to R1.2 with 3 new guns!

Started by eatKenny, November 15, 2015, 11:06:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jigsm

Hi, im having a problem i am using this mod with CR + CR Patch with the correct load order,
but i noticed in prepare carefully while i am picking starting items there are some duplicate of your weapons..

and once i was ingame raiders came and their weapons werent using any ammunition they were using normal gun mechanics..

edit: i tried using survival rifle and clicking on it shows 10/10 fulljacket
but once my colonists equip it, they cant pick up ammo and 10/10 fulljacket bar disappears...?

(FIXED) I just put everything bottom of load order ;/

Assile

Quote from: Assile on February 21, 2017, 02:15:56 PM
Hi, I love your mod! And also like to run Combat Realism alongside it. However I found that the non-CR versions of the weapons stay available to be spawned. These don't perform under the CR rules and I'd therefor like to remove them? How would I do that?
I run this loadorder: Combat realism, High caliber, High caliber CR patch.
Quote from: jigsm on February 22, 2017, 03:13:12 AM
Hi, im having a problem i am using this mod with CR + CR Patch with the correct load order,
but i noticed in prepare carefully while i am picking starting items there are some duplicate of your weapons..

and once i was ingame raiders came and their weapons werent using any ammunition they were using normal gun mechanics..

edit: i tried using survival rifle and clicking on it shows 10/10 fulljacket
but once my colonists equip it, they cant pick up ammo and 10/10 fulljacket bar disappears...?

(FIXED) I just put everything bottom of load order ;/

Hi Jigsm I have similar issues, do you still get non-CR weapons spawning in on raiders though? That, and crafting, are sources of non-CR weapons for me still. Even with no other mods loaded...

EDIT: I believe I've found the issue. In the patch the weapons xml file has the pistols named as Gun_Pistol_<name> instead of just Gun_<name>. This causes the non-CR versions to not be overwritten. By removing "_Pistol" from the names the weapons work as supposed. This fix does cause issues if done on a current save. In that case it could help to make a copy of the patch folder and only make the change there and load both patches.

Assile

After finding the fix for the pistols I tried fixing the AK-74M, which is absent from the CR patch. I added this code to the xml, but the weapon can't be fired?

<ThingDef ParentName="BaseHumanGun">
    <defName>Gun_AK74M_HC</defName>
    <label>AK-74M</label>
    <description>The AK-74 is an assault rifle developed in the early 1970s by Russian designer Mikhail Kalashnikov as the replacement for the earlier AKM. It uses a smaller 5.45×39mm cartridge, replacing the 7.62×39mm chambering of earlier Kalashnikov-pattern weapons.</description>
    <graphicData>
      <texPath>Things/Item/Equipment/Gun_AK74M</texPath>
      <graphicClass>Graphic_Single</graphicClass>
    </graphicData>
    <soundInteract>InteractRifle</soundInteract>
    <statBases>
  <MarketValue>625</MarketValue>
  <AimEfficiency>0.50</AimEfficiency>
  <ShotSpread>0.09</ShotSpread>
  <SwayFactor>1.58</SwayFactor>
  <Bulk>8.5</Bulk>
      <Mass>3.4</Mass>
          <RangedWeapon_Cooldown>0.5</RangedWeapon_Cooldown>
    </statBases>
    <verbs>
  <li Class="Combat_Realism.VerbPropertiesCR">
<recoilPattern>Regular</recoilPattern>
<recoilAmount>1.08</recoilAmount>
        <verbClass>Combat_Realism.Verb_ShootCR</verbClass>
        <hasStandardCommand>true</hasStandardCommand>
        <projectileDef>Bullet_545x39mmSoviet_FMJ</projectileDef>
        <warmupTime>1.35</warmupTime>
        <range>54</range>
        <burstShotCount>6</burstShotCount>
        <ticksBetweenBurstShots>6</ticksBetweenBurstShots>
        <soundCast>ShotAK74M</soundCast>
        <soundCastTail>GunTail_Medium</soundCastTail>
        <muzzleFlashScale>9</muzzleFlashScale>
      </li>
    </verbs>
<comps>
<li Class="Combat_Realism.CompProperties_AmmoUser">
<magazineSize>30</magazineSize>
<reloadTicks>300</reloadTicks>
<ammoSet>AmmoSet_545x39mmSoviet</ammoSet>
</li>
<li Class="Combat_Realism.CompProperties_FireModes">
                <aimedBurstShotCount>3</aimedBurstShotCount>
<aiUseBurstMode>TRUE</aiUseBurstMode>
<aiUseAimMode>TRUE</aiUseAimMode>
</li>
    </comps>
  </ThingDef>

Does anyone know what I did wrong? Or is it simply not possible to do without editing other files?

jigsm

Nope i've only fixed the ammunition thing, but some raiders still spawn with the old weapons.

probably better we just wait for the author to fix the patch :/

Tanelorn

I have similar issues and even worse: grenades have a good chance to make your weapons dissapear if you equip them after you have the grenade equipped. I have this issue with EMP grenades for sure and likely others. I am guessing this is an issue with CR and the patch but am not 100%. I have the duplicate weapons with no ammo thing as well.

katherineironfist

Question! why do the 9mm ammo for the Combat Realism mod are named

"9x 19mm" ?

Isnt it the other way around? I had a hard time finding the handgun ammo in Prepare carefully.

AseaHeru

9x19mm is the proper designation for the round shown in the mod.

That_Axe

Anyone made a stat spreadsheet? I'm looking for a good combat mod but so far I've only seen very unbalance(like buffing the damages too much)ones so far.

eatKenny

Quote from: That_Axe on March 13, 2017, 02:08:46 PM
Anyone made a stat spreadsheet? I'm looking for a good combat mod but so far I've only seen very unbalance(like buffing the damages too much)ones so far.
you remind me something i left over, i will finish the sheet ASAP.

That_Axe

Quote from: eatKenny on March 13, 2017, 02:26:36 PM
Quote from: That_Axe on March 13, 2017, 02:08:46 PM
you remind me something i left over, i will finish the sheet ASAP.

That would be very awesome, sir.

eatKenny

i have just finished the sheet, you can find the link in OP.
i find some weapons are not as balanced as i thought, a major balance update is now on my to do list.

Assile

Hi eatKenny,

Could you take a look at my post above? If it's not something you want to spend time on helping me with that's fine, I'd just like to know :)

eatKenny

Quote from: Assile on March 13, 2017, 05:30:47 PM
Hi eatKenny,

Could you take a look at my post above? If it's not something you want to spend time on helping me with that's fine, I'd just like to know :)

the CR-Patch was not made by me so i have very little idea what went wrong. however you can always delete the guns which cause the error.
the author of CR is now working on project "Combat Extented", i may made a patch for this new mod after it get released.

That_Axe

Quote from: eatKenny on March 13, 2017, 05:20:45 PM
i have just finished the sheet, you can find the link in OP.
i find some weapons are not as balanced as i thought, a major balance update is now on my to do list.

Very nice!

Seeing this numbers you think the SMGs are a bit inferior to the Charge Rifle? About the same range(MP5 has 2 tiles more), a bit more accurate, but a lot bigger punch.

Assile

Quote from: eatKenny on March 13, 2017, 05:41:05 PM
Quote from: Assile on March 13, 2017, 05:30:47 PM
Hi eatKenny,

the CR-Patch was not made by me so i have very little idea what went wrong. however you can always delete the guns which cause the error.
the author of CR is now working on project "Combat Extented", i may made a patch for this new mod after it get released.

Ah ok, thank you for letting me know! :)