Barracks

Started by Tatte, November 15, 2015, 04:44:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tatte

Is there a Trait I can use to make it so people don't mind living together in a barracks of some sort? Or even a mod? Or Is this planned by Tynan at some point? Because it would make sense that if all you colonists where space marines or something that they would be used to living in a barracks.
~Tatte~

Avis

Well, The idea behind that being a thing is, Your colonists are people, and there rooms are there houses, they are all they have to there name.
I can see why it might make sense for genetically engineered super soldiers to not care about that kind of thing.
You'd need to add a Trait to negate this effect, and I'm not sure if that's possible as i do not mod rimworld.
I remember the days of giving prisoners peg legs, and then removing them to immobilize them.

Austupaio

Certain traits, such as military backgrounds, negating the bad thought from bunking together (at least partially) would be nice. Even a Navy scientist spent some time as a cadet in a barracks or shared dorm room, after all. Not really a mod thing so much as a suggestion for the main game imo, though.

Illusion Distort

Would this be of ny help? <nullifyingTraits>
      <li>"Trait"</li>
    </nullifyingTraits>

Or do you want background stories to be the only deciding factor?

Shurp

The trait already exists.  "Chemical Interest".  Give them lots of beer, and they'll be happy to live in barracks.

Wait, you wanted them to like living in barracks *and* shoot straight?  Well you didn't say that, did you? :)
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.