Rimworld in a Nutshell quotes

Started by MeowRailroad, November 16, 2015, 04:00:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phxrocker

Beavers?  Just send a couple colonists.  How tough could they be?

MeowRailroad

I just indirectly lost a colony to beavers. I saw them so I has my best melee person go and deal with them (the sniper couldn't hit a tree from 1 tile away), and as they were there (in the corner of the map where the beavers were) 4 raiders come and attack my colony. I would have probably had better luck if I could have organized my people and where they were supposed to be.
Quote from: Tynan on December 02, 2016, 05:24:06 PM
This is like being in a remote fishing town in Libera and asking, "Why can't I just pay one of the fishermen $10 to take me back to Los Angeles?"

PotatoOnStick

"The Rimworlds there were raids are the norm and even the soldiers get kicked around by some turtle's. At least you can have a monkey pet i guess."

Dodging Rain

Tumuel

Avenger5998

"No, I don't want a denture. Yes I know I don't have a jaw." - Grub, from my current play-through.
No, I did not name myself after the Avengers. Thank you.

b0rsuk

keylocke

Coenmcj

"Don't aim for your target, you'll hit them more often that way"
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

giannikampa

"The more we are the safer we'll be"
except for hunting
And as always.. sorry for my bad english

TitaniumTurtle

Quote from: MeowRailroad on November 19, 2015, 03:42:29 PM
I just indirectly lost a colony to beavers. I saw them so I has my best melee person go and deal with them (the sniper couldn't hit a tree from 1 tile away), and as they were there (in the corner of the map where the beavers were) 4 raiders come and attack my colony. I would have probably had better luck if I could have organized my people and where they were supposed to be.

Thats because snipers actually become terribly inaccurate at close range, at least in game.

MeowRailroad

I think that should be fixed, becuase it would seem to ALWAYS be easier to hit something closer.
Having it be less accurate closer seems like a very "video-gamey" thing meant to add balance, but it isn't necessary. The long aim time alone should be enough to keep the sniper rifle from being a short-range gun.
Quote from: Tynan on December 02, 2016, 05:24:06 PM
This is like being in a remote fishing town in Libera and asking, "Why can't I just pay one of the fishermen $10 to take me back to Los Angeles?"

SlimeCrusher

Quote from: MeowRailroad on November 29, 2015, 07:25:27 AM
I think that should be fixed, becuase it would seem to ALWAYS be easier to hit something closer.
Having it be less accurate closer seems like a very "video-gamey" thing meant to add balance, but it isn't necessary. The long aim time alone should be enough to keep the sniper rifle from being a short-range gun.
Good luck hitting a moving target without any sights other than an overzoomed scope in wich you only see the eye of your victim that is coming towards you. Actually, it's only innacurate at touching range, so if you move a few tiles backwards you should have a better chance at hitting anything.
On-topic now.

Mike: These men should deserve a proper burial...
Keen: Shut up and keep butchering!

UnityIron

ZZZzzzttt, your turrets are off line, your base is on fire and your team of fire fighters have just broken with stress.