Power Stat

Started by Blarla, November 17, 2015, 02:10:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blarla

Hello!

I would like to see the amount of power the base is generating vs the amount of power being consumed in the Statistic tab.

:)

Limdood

but power is tracked per circuit.

Unattached batteries, stand-alone solar panel/battery/turret emplacements, cross-map outposts all use their own power generation and usage/storage.  There wouldn't be able to be just one power tracking number.

Blarla

I see what you are saying, yes, makes sense.  You are making more complicated bases than I am, suddenly I feel quite jealous.

For me then it would be a way to think around that.  Maybe a function built into power switches?  Then you have the option to view this detail based on whether one cares or not.  If a switch is on the same grid as another switch, they read the same for the whole grid they are attached to.

Mayhaps a new 1 block item that you can attach anywhere in a grid to show that info, should you wish. I'm not saying these are the best way, just examples.

We have power produced and power consumption information, but I still don't know when I am running low on power until I see batt decay, and then I don't know how much extra juice I need.  The alternative, currently, is for me to write it all down and maths it to death.  :o

Limdood

you can already check this (mostly) by clicking on a battery or power generator of any sort.

you can't see total produced or total consumed, but you can see the far more useful "produced minus consumed" and stored power.

In other words...the 2 numbers separated by a "/" will show you the amount of extra, unused (or going into batteries) power in your system, and the second number shows how much power is in your batteries.

By the way, i suggest trying out isolated battery rooms.  Get a group of batteries with NO cable attached to them, and put a switch adjacent, with cables into the switch.  When the batteries are full, turn OFF the switch and you'll have backup power in case of attack on your other battery room or a "Zzzzt" event.  If the event hits, flip that switch on and you get a minimal power interruption.  The lack of cables directly on the batteries seems to prevent Zzzzt events from hitting the backup batteries, as i read something about Zzzzt only striking CABLES that were connected to batteries with at least 1 50%+ full battery.

Another reason to separate power grids is for killboxes or turret rooms, at least using a switch to keep those off most of the time, as turrets are such a huge power draw.