Visualization challenge: share your slickest hypothetical RimWorld diagrams

Started by REMworlder, November 18, 2015, 03:10:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

REMworlder

RimWorld's all about emergent storytelling. The problem is, the chaos that's so fun can end up hiding the details we build our colonies on, or the details are hidden and hard to discover without ways to interpret the data visually. Likewise with suggestions, sometimes the coolest feature ideas get hidden behind walls of text.

Your challenge: post diagrams, data tables, venn diagrams, story boards, gantt charts -- anything you think could help visualize what players want to know or tell an interesting story.

Here are some examples, but I'm really interested to see what you guys have in mind:

What does my colony's power usage look like? Do I need to build more power? Is everything hooked up? New players especially want to learn more about the energy needs and production that fuel their colonies.

Especially when there's more than four or five factions on the map, diplomacy tables are a pain. The Civilization franchise did a great job of using relational diagrams to make diplomacy easier to understand. Also useful for inter-colony relationships, with the social relationships update coming someday.

Tired of toggling the beauty tab just to stare at small numbers? Turn your mouse into a sphere representing what a colonist sees and mouse over your colony. Red highlights ugly things, green showcases what your colonists like to see.