[A14] Colony Manager

Started by Fluffy (l2032), November 18, 2015, 06:20:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nanao-kun

Quote from: Fluffy (l2032) on December 10, 2015, 04:51:27 PM
Those would be the genders, and should have no influence.

First off, the entire manager system only works if you have a manager's desk built, (under production, and for some reason medical in ModVarietyPack), and a pawn with the managing skill actually does the job. You can check if the job has recently been checked by a manager pawn by looking at the timestamp on the job - it lists the time since a pawn looked at it. If it's over 3 hours, a pawn should normally do the job again, assign new targets, etc. If nothing happens - something is wrong, either you have too many jobs, no table, no worker, or your workers are occupied doing other things.

Second, the actual job only gets triggered when the amount of meat in your stockpiles and in fresh corpses is lower than the threshold. If you have no meat, but the job is still inactive (will show an icon on the job), either increase the threshold, or make sure corpses are being hauled and butchered correctly.

Finally, the manager tries to be semi-smart about what to hunt; it takes expected meat amount from butchery (can never be sure because it's affected by pawn skill) and divides that by the distance from the manager table to the target * 2, giving a crude indicator of cost/benefit. It then designates animals with the highest ratio, often passing over small critters close by to hunt bigger game further away, of course within the other boundaries set in the job (target species, hunting area).
I set it to just Deers actually, but yeah, it started working not too long after I posted.

Fluffy (l2032)

Yeah it's not a 'magic' thing as with the autohuntbeacon, it actually requires a pawn to go to the manager desk and do the work.

skyarkhangel

MisterVertigo

This looks amazing! I installed an earlier version a while back, but I honestly didn't use it much. With all the new updates though I'm certainly going to give this a go.

I have a question though. I've been away from the game for a bit (Fallout 4), and I started a new game last night where I had an older version of this mod installed. Now today I discover that there is a newer version of it. If I install this mod and remove the old one, will I need to start a new game?

Thanks for all your work!
"In vertigo you will be..."

"Relax, people. It's a teeny indie game; don't kill it with love." - Bozobub

Fluffy (l2032)

Hope you enjoy it, there's more coming soon.

As for it working with the old version, that depends on how old it is. V1 won't work, nor will the version of about two weeks ago.

My advice, back up the old version, and try with the new. If it doesn't work, go back to the old (or start a new game).

MisterVertigo

Quote from: Fluffy (l2032) on December 16, 2015, 06:49:35 PM
Hope you enjoy it, there's more coming soon.

As for it working with the old version, that depends on how old it is. V1 won't work, nor will the version of about two weeks ago.

My advice, back up the old version, and try with the new. If it doesn't work, go back to the old (or start a new game).
I did just that. I made backups and gave it a go. Works great! I have to say, this has quickly become a "must-have" mod for me now. Wow. Great work!

toric

I'm really liking this mod, makes managing a large colony much easier. my only complaint is the manager desk texture. i feel like it would be better with some papers scattered around instead of a computer. also, the current texture doesn't exactly fit with the rest of the game.

Fluffy (l2032)

*grumbles* That was an entire evening mucking about with photoshop toric! Besides, both versions do have paper scattered around ( there's even painstakingly handdrawn pixelated text on them! ), and only the researched version has a computer. But if you want to drag my blood sweat and tears through the mud and stomp on my heart  a bit for good measure, go ahead... *cries*.

But seriously, I suck at art. Lucky for you, simon is quite a bit better and he's made some new versions of the tables already. I just need to add them to the release, which will be tomorrow, probably together with the power tab.

toric

thanks. sorry about that. i suck at it as well, one of the reasons I'm hesitant to make an xml mod that adds items.  :P its just that i really like my mods to match styles, otherwise it can be a bit jarring. no worries though, this mod is absolutely brilliant!

Milso

1 request is possible ability to switch growing zones to keep food from flooding.

IE: at 1k corn turn off sowing for growing zone "Corn Field"

skyarkhangel

From the start of the game something constantly removes the ban for corpses for all map. Found that Colony manager affects. Can you disable for default removing permissions for haul corpses?

Fluffy (l2032)

New release;
Power tab, AI manager station and various other fixes and improvements. Get it from the front page.

Florius

Hi Fluffy! I seem to have a bit of an odd bug. It seems that when I forbid corpses (animals or humans) they become unforbidden.
I have disabled your mod and started a new savegame and it doesn't happen.

Any idea what could've caused it? Or do you need more information?

MisterVertigo

Please forgive my ignorance, but what do you mean by "AI Manager"?

Fluffy (l2032)

There's a toggle button for unforbidding corpses on hunting jobs, if it's on - any corpse that's on the huntable list for that job will get unforbidden.

This is only in the latest version though, in previous version the toggle was a colony wide 'unforbid all corpses every x ticks' kind of thing, and worked even if you had no hunting jobs. (You could still set it to be off from any hunting job). So if it annoys you too much, either turn it off - or upgrade to the latest version and have more control over how it works.