[A14] Colony Manager

Started by Fluffy (l2032), November 18, 2015, 06:20:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Florius

Quote from: Fluffy (l2032) on December 24, 2015, 01:21:30 PM
There's a toggle button for unforbidding corpses on hunting jobs, if it's on - any corpse that's on the huntable list for that job will get unforbidden.

This is only in the latest version though, in previous version the toggle was a colony wide 'unforbid all corpses every x ticks' kind of thing, and worked even if you had no hunting jobs. (You could still set it to be off from any hunting job). So if it annoys you too much, either turn it off - or upgrade to the latest version and have more control over how it works.

Thanks for the explanation! :) now I just can continue using your mod!

Fluffy (l2032)

Quote from: MisterVertigo on December 23, 2015, 06:25:54 PM
Please forgive my ignorance, but what do you mean by "AI Manager"?
It's a building requiring research and an AI core, and it'll manage the jobs you set without requiring a pawn to do the work. (it won't actually create jobs or anything, you're still the boss.)

MisterVertigo

Quote from: Fluffy (l2032) on December 25, 2015, 07:05:41 AM
Quote from: MisterVertigo on December 23, 2015, 06:25:54 PM
Please forgive my ignorance, but what do you mean by "AI Manager"?
It's a building requiring research and an AI core, and it'll manage the jobs you set without requiring a pawn to do the work. (it won't actually create jobs or anything, you're still the boss.)
Gotcha! That is awesome! Thanks for explaining!
"In vertigo you will be..."

"Relax, people. It's a teeny indie game; don't kill it with love." - Bozobub

Tivec

I finally built my first AI Manager, and I must say it's really something I recommend everyone working toward. It's great! Thanks for an awesome mod, Rimworld will never be the same without it :)

Edit: One thing I just thought of. The power management part, would it be possible to assign some logic here? If power drops below X, assign power switches Y to be flicked off?

Fluffy (l2032)

Quote from: Tivec on January 06, 2016, 05:47:23 AM
I finally built my first AI Manager, and I must say it's really something I recommend everyone working toward. It's great! Thanks for an awesome mod, Rimworld will never be the same without it :)

Edit: One thing I just thought of. The power management part, would it be possible to assign some logic here? If power drops below X, assign power switches Y to be flicked off?
Thanks, glad you like it!

As for the power management tab; yeah, it's been on my to-do list. I was thinking about designating buildings as high/medium/low priority where they could be turned off if the power got too low. Main problem so far for me is that I haven't thought of a way to work it into the UI nicely. I have some ideas, but that would require a significant refactor of the underlying code, and to be honest I was a bit burned out with the manager - the codebase is getting quite large.

Tivec

Quote from: Fluffy (l2032) on January 06, 2016, 06:50:50 AM
Quote from: Tivec on January 06, 2016, 05:47:23 AM

Thanks, glad you like it!

As for the power management tab; yeah, it's been on my to-do list. I was thinking about designating buildings as high/medium/low priority where they could be turned off if the power got too low. Main problem so far for me is that I haven't thought of a way to work it into the UI nicely. I have some ideas, but that would require a significant refactor of the underlying code, and to be honest I was a bit burned out with the manager - the codebase is getting quite large.

All understandable! Still a great mod, take your time and don't burn out ;)

LittleGreenStone

Will harvesting wild plants be an option in a later release?

Kitsune

First, this mod is really nice, thank you for your work fluffy. ^~^

Dont know if its known or if its only a problem that occur in my game but if i load a new game the settings for stockpiles are set back, if i say "butcher only if in stockpile "food" is less than 75", it works but after i close the game and load the save the stockpile settings are gone and funny only that setting all other settings are fine. :)

Fluffy (l2032)

Quote from: LittleGreenStone on January 07, 2016, 07:21:27 AM
Mebbe. I never really harvest wild plants much, but recently I've come to see it's uses (mostly for delicious shrooms). Might do that at some point ;).

Quote from: Kitsune on January 07, 2016, 08:26:40 AM

Dont know if its known or if its only a problem that occur in my game but if i load a new game the settings for stockpiles are set back, if i say "butcher only if in stockpile "food" is less than 75", it works but after i close the game and load the save the stockpile settings are gone and funny only that setting all other settings are fine. :)
Glad to hear you're enjoying the mod. The stockpile not being saves is probably an oversight on my part, I sometimes forget that I actually need to save things, and my tests usually don't run over multiple sessions. Will fix soon!

LittleGreenStone

Quote from: Fluffy (l2032) on January 07, 2016, 10:40:24 AM
Quote from: LittleGreenStone on January 07, 2016, 07:21:27 AM
Mebbe. I never really harvest wild plants much, but recently I've come to see it's uses (mostly for delicious shrooms). Might do that at some point ;).

Quote from: Kitsune on January 07, 2016, 08:26:40 AM

Glad to hear you're enjoying the mod. The stockpile not being saves is probably an oversight on my part, I sometimes forget that I actually need to save things, and my tests usually don't run over multiple sessions. Will fix soon!

Yes, the shrooms...  ;D
Especially early game it has its use, when growing isn't enough.
Well, a maybe is a start!  ;)

Mechanoid Hivemind

Commenting to watch this cool, if you could reply so i see it in unread. i gotta download this after work
The individual is obsolete. When you and your kind are extinct, we will cleanse our collective memory of the stain of your existence.

mrkorb

I'm running into a bug related to animal training.

Exception ticking FM_AIManager835509: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at FluffyManager.ManagerJob_Livestock.<DoTamingJobs>b__29_0 (Verse.Pawn p) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Linq.Enumerable+<CreateWhereIterator>c__Iterator1D`1[Verse.Pawn].MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[Verse.Pawn].AddEnumerable (IEnumerable`1 enumerable) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[Verse.Pawn]..ctor (IEnumerable`1 collection) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToArray[Pawn] (IEnumerable`1 source) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Linq.QuickSort`1[Verse.Pawn]..ctor (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Linq.SortContext`1 context) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Linq.QuickSort`1+<Sort>c__Iterator21[Verse.Pawn].MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[Verse.Pawn].AddEnumerable (IEnumerable`1 enumerable) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[Verse.Pawn]..ctor (IEnumerable`1 collection) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList[Pawn] (IEnumerable`1 source) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at FluffyManager.ManagerJob_Livestock.DoTamingJobs (System.Boolean& actionTaken) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at FluffyManager.ManagerJob_Livestock.TryDoJob () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at FluffyManager.JobStack.TryDoNextJob () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at FluffyManager.Manager.DoWork () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at FluffyManager.Building_AIManager.Tick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.TickList.Tick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

I suspect it's because my colonists are attempting to train puppies for Rescue and Hauling, both of which are tasks they are currently too small for.  Normally you can't even tick the boxes for these training options until the dogs are bigger, but the AI Manager auto-ticks them, and so when the colonist decides to go train the puppy, there's an obvious conflict since they can't yet be trained for that.

Or that was what I thought.  Now that I no longer have any puppies and all the dogs are fully trained, this is occurring in conjunction with Muffalo on the map that I am attempting to tame.

Also I've run into the "10 tasks at once" bug that was mentioned earlier in the thread, and I managed to get around it not by deconstructing the workbench, but by deleting all the existing work orders on that bench and letting the manager repopulate the order list.  You can't blame MVP in this instance, since I'm not using that mod pack or any other pack.

Fluffy (l2032)

Thanks for the report!

Actually, some animals not being trainable is an UI-enforced restriction, you can pretty much tame any animal you want through code. Obviously, this was unintended, so I'll look into it.

As for the null reference, no idea right now where thats coming from - I'll have a look.

10 jobs in 10 ticks is a more or less common vanilla bug, it tends to happen in modpacks more because there's just more jobs, as far as I know. I haven't found one yet that is specifically related to something I do in the mod.

kaptain_kavern

Yeah ! Dfhack in Rimworld!

Seriously I came back around after a (long)break with the game and your mod just made my day while testing the new (to me) MVP pack.

Fluffy (l2032) you rock man  8)

Fluffy (l2032)

Thanks! Always good to see my efforts are appreciated ;).

I'll hopefully have some time again this week to iron out some small bugs, but beyond that I think I'll mentally prepare myself for the coming onslaught of A13 patching -.-