[A14] Colony Manager

Started by Fluffy (l2032), November 18, 2015, 06:20:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fluffy (l2032)

There's a small bugfix release available;

- no longer trains animals that are too young to be trained (or otherwise incapable)
- removed hardcoded reference to wood logs, should now work nicely with mods that add different types of wood (e.g. extended woodworking)

Angelix

First i want to thank you for this mod feels like old good DF.
And i have some suggestions:
- harvest bushes
- clearing bushes(ex. for keep line of fire clear)
- option to ignore wood harvest limit(ex. for keep line of fire clear)
- rise limit of items

Fluffy (l2032)

Good to hear you're liking it!

As for your suggestions;
- foraging (harvesting non-colony plant) is coming up in a future update.
- clearing areas is a good suggestion, I might include that (for trees) in the forestry tab as an extension to the existing wind areas. Not sure clearing bushes would do anything, do they even provide cover?
- You can click the triggers to manually set them to other items and only count stuff in particular stockpiles, in that view you can also set target counts higher than the slider in the 'main' view.

Angelix

Yes, bushes provide cover.
I discover there is no chickens support :(

Upd. chickens appear after i tame first of them.

Fluffy (l2032)

Hmmk, will look into bushes as well then :p

What do you mean with no chicken support? It should work just the same as any other animal. There's nothing specific to keep track of eggs or anything though - you'll have to make sure they are kept secure (and out of reach of other hungry animals/colonists) yourself.

Angelix

No chckens on start.
Get eggs(fert) from event.
Chickens hatched.
No chickens in Livestock list(neither in hunting).
Tamed chicken.
Chickens appear in Livestock list.
Save/Load/Restart don't help.

Mrshilka

I am using this mod as apart of the Hardcore Sk pack and I love it a wonderful extension from mods like the auto hunting beacon.

Thanks very much for your work!.

I would also like to suggest auto harvest of bushes on the map for berries and if possible support for the Caveworld Flora mod.

Fluffy (l2032)

Quote from: Angelix on March 09, 2016, 11:11:57 AM
No chckens on start.
Get eggs(fert) from event.
Chickens hatched.
No chickens in Livestock list(neither in hunting).
Tamed chicken.
Chickens appear in Livestock list.
Save/Load/Restart don't help.
ok, so I was only considering animals that could appear wild in the biome, and tame animals owned by the colony. I've now changed this to any animals that can appear wild in the biome + any animals that are on the map. Fix will be in the next release, but I'm going to try and do the area clearing + foraging tab first.
Quote from: Mrshilka on March 09, 2016, 03:15:31 PM
I am using this mod as apart of the Hardcore Sk pack and I love it a wonderful extension from mods like the auto hunting beacon.

Thanks very much for your work!.

I would also like to suggest auto harvest of bushes on the map for berries and if possible support for the Caveworld Flora mod.
Glad to hear you appreciate it!

As for the foraging tab and mushrooms; yeah I plan it to work with all non-farm plants. I would actually be harder to exclude mushrooms than to include them :P.

Angelix

Additional zoning condition would be nice.
Ex. i want to confine most of species to some zone, but not restrict pets with hauling fully trained.
And maybe something with moving to other zone of ready to shearing/milking animals. And butchering only in specific zone(ex. want to run fert and unfert farms simultaneously).
My opinion is the more options, the better)

And chickens. If i butcher all of them and delete job, they dissappear from list, until i tame them again. Not critical, but weird.

Fluffy (l2032)

I'm putting the final touches on a new Manager release, it'll add foraging, setting areas to be cleared, fixes the bug where wild (non-tamed) animals that don't normally occur on the biome don't show up in the animal tab1, and fixes a bug where stockpile settings in the trigger options don't get saved.

1: I actually consider this a vanilla bug/inconsistency, all bought animals arrive tamed - but bought eggs spawn wild animals.

edit: Update is now released.

Angelix

forumaccount

Quote1: I actually consider this a vanilla bug/inconsistency, all bought animals arrive tamed - but bought eggs spawn wild animals.
Agreed. Though it was funny, thought I was clever for preparing carefully with fert eggs instead of chickens, then BOOM 20 wild chickens running around my prison.

It's "fair" in a sense, because successfully hatching chicks from eggs should be more difficult than it is currently, so having to tame them is somewhat of a fair tradeoff. But not quite fair, because taming 20 chicks takes a LONG time, whereas setting up a proper temp/humidity hatching box is relatively easy and benefits from economies of scale.

Thanks for the update to this fantastic mod!
Steam Workshop destroys modding communities. Don't let your town become a megastore's parking lot!

sidfu

ok here some things.
1. harvest trees have it decide to cut trees based on logs in the logging area u set not the stock pile. it will keep setting trees right now to cut as it only looks at stockpile.
2. make stone blocks doesnt look at differnt stone block types but looks for just stone blocks so any other stone typess are ignored and it will keep adding no matter what other stone block types u have.
3. manageing the desk is consered lower than all other jobs. a example i wanted my crafter to randomly check the desk as they crafting to update bills but it wont work like that. tthey will craft till everything is finish before they check the desk.
4. add a slider to not update a job if its been updated before that time. a sllider to say only update the job if it hasnt been checked in a certain time would be good. way it is right now if u have alot of jobs some never get updated as it dont get past the first ones. this way they can go thru the tasks faster and dont spend all day on a few jobs and more can be did.(currently on hardcore mod i cant have more than 15 jobs on it as it takes all day for it to update as it keeps redoing the first ones)
5.if u have it set to just do the desk sometimes(not always) they ignore their joy/anything time schedule slots. this is probaly caused by number 4 above as everytime they man the desk they checkl every job fully again so they missing their schedule checks.

other than those things everything works fine. love the mod takes a bit of the micro manage out.
im useing the hardcore sk mod pack if that helps any with those things.

Fluffy (l2032)

1. That shouldn't be the case. The Job keeps track of two numbers, the amount in your stockpiles, and the amount designated. As long as you have pawns doing some hauling, there shouldn't only be a very limited amount of extra logging. Counting ALL wood on the map is both very expensive computationally, as I'd have to constantly scan the world, and often not what the user wants. Moral of the story, haul that wood, or disable the job.
2. Use the stone block fix mod that's around here somewhere. This is a vanilla issue.
3. By default, yes. You can use work priorities to make it higher in the list. You can also use my Enhanced Tabs mod to change the default priority (the left-right position) if you want.
4. I thought about that, but it's a lot of extra work and adds back in a certain amount of micro. Besides, the mod was never meant as a complete automagic solution to all your colonies needs - managing is a job that just takes some time. In essence, you're trading a pawn's time for your own. There's a few things you can do though. There's research that unlocks better managing desks, the final stage being an AI managing computer that is much faster, and doesn't need a pawn at all. You can also build more desks to allow more than one pawn to do the work. Also, the speed is affected by managing skill, having one or more dedicated managers will make a big difference.
5. I highly doubt that, there's nothing in their job's code that makes it uninterruptible. You're probably usign a very low skilled pawn on a low-tier managing desk, so the job takes a while to complete.

Grogfeld

I like the idea of setting time when next managing job should be perform on a specific bill (tasks). I mean when you have a big modpack with really great quantity of bills, managing could take a while, and it's not only a problem with pawn performing a task. I would like to skip managing task every day or even two days so my crafters could make other things. It's another depth for prioritization.

For the problem sidfu have with stone block, you can set threshold on specific block type and on the right side you can set to use only that specific type of chunk so it's manageable.