[A14] Colony Manager

Started by Fluffy (l2032), November 18, 2015, 06:20:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fluffy (l2032)

Thanks, glad you like it!

(and what do you mean 'was'? The mod is alive and kicking, I have expansion plans, and it's high on my list to be updated for A13).

Yonan

Amazing mod, really intuitive to use and a logical implementation.

<3

Fluffy (l2032)

Thanks for the awesome feedback :) Always good to hear from people enjoying my mod(s).

(Also good to hear from those who don't, I'm always looking to improve things!)

Fluffy (l2032)

Initial update to A13. No obvious bugs that I could see, but there's probably a few waiting to be discovered. Please be kind, and report those bugs!

anonymous456

Had a strange thing were I installed the mod and activated it for an existing savegame (A13) and all my colonists were just standing around.

My malaria patients who were previously resting in bed were just standing like everyone else. Nobody was looking for activities, it was really weird

Fluffy (l2032)

Do not install this into an existing save game - the mod adds a worktype, which will break your game.

That's a general rule of thumb by the way, if the mod doesn't work in an existing save game, try with a new world+save just to be sure.

anonymous456

Oops sorry, my bad. Guess I was hoping, sometimes it works.

RickyMartini

Really fast with those updates. Thank you a thousand times fluffy!

Fluffy (l2032)

You're welcome ;)

And so far, I've been lucky. Only a few minor find/replace changes had to be done, plus a single field got made private - which 'brute force' with reflection.

For those interested;
Find.ListerPawns became Find.MapPawns
Pawn.SpawnedInWorld became Pawn.Spawned
Comp.props became Comp.Props (props still exists, but it is the base class - Props will point to the new Props class for that Comp.)

notfood

It refuses to run under Linux. It crashes on map creation and I can't get any error message. I tried with -logfile option. No errors whatsoever, just crash.

It's the only mod I added, game runs fine without it.

Dregod

Thank you for updating this mod so quickly, good to see people love this game and want to mod it and get their mods out there as soon as.

Fluffy (l2032)

Quote from: notfood on April 07, 2016, 12:44:55 PM
It refuses to run under Linux. It crashes on map creation and I can't get any error message. I tried with -logfile option. No errors whatsoever, just crash.

It's the only mod I added, game runs fine without it.
Interesting. Sadly, I have no linux on hand to test on. I'm afraid I'm going to have to postpone resolving this one until after I've updated my other stuff - or someone comes up with a better solution.

Vee

Running linux here as well. This is what I found for logs:
https://bpaste.net/show/16a0088971aa

Running in 32bit - same problem slightly different libs:
https://bpaste.net/show/6ba28809f5cf

Looks like something to do with textures to me? Drop me a message (Github user Valuial if you prefer) if you want me to help with the linux part of the problem.

Fluffy (l2032)

Right, I guess this is to do with mods now being loaded on a different thread. I ran into issues on windows in another mod, but this one does work on windows - which is odd. I'll try and make a version that postpones resource loading to be done later on the main thread, then ask for some more feedback. Thanks a bunch!

Fluffy (l2032)

I've fixed a few bugs;
foraging icon is no longer black
loading assets should hopefully no longer crash linux. Vee, Notfood, please report your results! :D